Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Teacher Fired After Kicking Planned Parenthood Out of His Class

Posted by   + Show Post

As Planned Parenthood loses the control they’re accustomed to have over government funding and legislation, they may be getting a bit desperate. As they’re known to do, the organization takes to bullying when it gets uncomfortable. The Susan G. Komen saga is one example among many: If you try to stand up to us, they say, we’ll make your life hell. Their latest victim is a computer science teacher. At a high school.

That’s right: Planned Parenthood is after the career and livelihood of a distinguished, highly-qualified, good high school teacher, Bill Diss, who had the audacity to tell Planned Parenthood that they were not allowed in his classroom.

Apparently, Planned Parenthood will rally tooth-and-nail to make sure that ‘hostile forces’ stay out of pro-choice women’s uteri (unless, of course, we’re talking about government funding of contraception), but informing Planned Parenthood that it is not welcome in a classroom is against the rules of the (lopsided) game.

Diss has a history with Planned Parenthood dating to 2007 when he led community opposition to a new Planned Parenthood abortion facility being built in a minority neighborhood in Portland. He raised Planned Parenthood’s ire again when a “health education team” came into his computer science classroom uninvited and attempted to enroll his students in the Health and Human Services’ Teen Outreach Program (TOP).

One of TOP’s goals is to prevent teen pregnancy, and the team who came to enroll Diss’ students (using monetary incentives) was hired by—you guessed it—Planned Parenthood. When Diss – unaware of whether the ‘team’ had been background-checked or had received sex/child abuse certifications – asked Planned Parenthood to leave his classroom.

Read more from this story HERE.

Read more at http://joemiller.us/2013/11/teacher-fired-kicking-planned-parenthood-class/#IzsAwpyBCIEphQEz.99
by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Replies (141-148):
celestegood
by Silver Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 4:27 PM
For the most part, to work for a public school system, you have to take sensitivity training and be accepting of gays, lesbians, birth control and abortion.
You don't have to promote these things, but at least be tolerant.

He was in the wrong here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lga1965
by on Dec. 22, 2013 at 4:31 PM
Well that's interesting. People have told me a few different versions of what happened in that school. I have been corrected and lectured.
So what's the real.story ,?
Yeah I'm all in favor of kids learning about BC and responsibility. At first I said that in.a reply but then I was told I was wrong to approve of PP giving kids information in that class.
So what's the deal? Should they have asked to go in?
Maybe I'll just go away.

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Quoting lga1965: Yes, I noticed that later. Yes I realize that they shouldn't have barged in. I'd be upset top.

Quoting codfish: The issue isn't bc.

They showed up unannounced to his math class.

I have kids in school. I would be pissed that people got into the school and were welcome to just roam around.

WTH?!

Quoting lga1965: It looks like he shouldn't have had them in his class if he hadn't cleared it with the school. But still, the school doesn't have to go.to.the extremes of firing him.

I would like to know why people are so against birth control iinformation being shared with students ?

And why women are so opposed to using it?

Thy were invited by the principal. The students were given permission slips that needed to be returned. THEY were neither uninvited nor unannounced.

They are part of a National program (not run by Planned Parenthood) that addresses staying in school, NOT becomeing parents and personal responsability.  It also promotes community service.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LAHnTAH0812
by Bronze Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 4:51 PM
If abortion was illegal, i wouldn't have a problem with planned parenthood. Teens should have access to birth control and exams, and pp is good for that, but i am pro life.
I think they set him up.
Tea4Tas
by on Dec. 22, 2013 at 6:17 PM

Quoting lga1965: Well that's interesting. People have told me a few different versions of what happened in that school. I have been corrected and lectured.
So what's the real.story ,?
Yeah I'm all in favor of kids learning about BC and responsibility. At first I said that in.a reply but then I was told I was wrong to approve of PP giving kids information in that class.
So what's the deal? Should they have asked to go in?
Maybe I'll just go away.

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Quoting lga1965: Yes, I noticed that later. Yes I realize that they shouldn't have barged in. I'd be upset top.

Quoting codfish: The issue isn't bc.

They showed up unannounced to his math class.

I have kids in school. I would be pissed that people got into the school and were welcome to just roam around.

WTH?!

Quoting lga1965: It looks like he shouldn't have had them in his class if he hadn't cleared it with the school. But still, the school doesn't have to go.to.the extremes of firing him.

I would like to know why people are so against birth control iinformation being shared with students ?

And why women are so opposed to using it?

Thy were invited by the principal. The students were given permission slips that needed to be returned. THEY were neither uninvited nor unannounced.

They are part of a National program (not run by Planned Parenthood) that addresses staying in school, NOT becomeing parents and personal responsability.  It also promotes community service.

The real story is that the principal had arranged the visit. That the kids had parental permission to hear the speakers, and that the year before the teacher had pitched a fit and they had moved his class elsewhere for the presentation. He was disiplined for that.  AND for harrassing the students that chose to go.

The Guy was wrong. Flat out plain and simple.

meriana
by Platinum Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 7:45 PM

It sounds like this took place in the class room rather than in say, the lunch room. So if the kids had to have a signed permission slip, I wonder if ALL the kids had signed permission and if not, were the ones that didn't excused from the class room?

As a parent, I probably would not have given my student a signed permission slip. The principal should have had them set something up in the lunch room or an empty class room rather than allowing them to interrupt a class.

supercarp
by Silver Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 12:06 PM

Then it is not anti Planned Parenthood, either: it is anti rule breaking interlopers who walk into schools uninvited.

Quoting kay283: This post isn't anti birth control. It's about planned parenthood just walking into the classroom, and the teacher being fired for not allowing them to talk to the students. They had no right to just show up, and the teacher should not have been fired!

Quoting supercarp:

I don't think that's what I said. If anyone, Planned Parenthood or other, just walks into a class and starts talking, that is crazy. But teens should be taught about birth control and they're not going to get it at home because their parents are in denial that their children can get pregnant, or else they're wringing their hands in fear that they might.

Quoting tanyainmizzou:
Quoting supercarp:

Those of us who would like to see fewer abortions performed in the US support Planned Parenthood.

Use of birth control = fewer abortions

So anyone should be able to show up in a class because....?

supercarp
by Silver Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 12:11 PM

There is too much information missing here. People can't just walk into schools because they might start shooting people. Someone in authority knew something and didn't communicate it, or the Planned Parenthood people went rogue.

Quoting colins_mom: I support planned parenthood too but I also support this teacher. They were uninvited and he didn't.know whether or not they had passed background checks. He was doing his job. If anything those people should have petitioned the school to ask them to set up a table at lunch

Quoting supercarp:

Those of us who would like to see fewer abortions performed in the US support Planned Parenthood.

supercarp
by Silver Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 12:19 PM

No, that's not it. I think most educated people who study population want the best for the whole planet. I mean, limiting births would be a good thing since the planet is overpopulated and getting worse. There will be widespread starvation and disease long before the human population is in any kind of control.

If you can't support your own children, why would you have any? If you died, they might just starve.

Quoting buttersworth:

Both birth control and abortions are about limiting births.

This is about population control.

It's okay for the top 1% of wealthy people in the US to have lots of heirs; those same people, some who fund organizations like Planned Parenthood (Bill Gates has ties to PP), just don't want the rest of the us to procreate.

Quoting supercarp:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN