Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

I think my husbands family is going to unfriend because of Duck Dynasty...

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 6:40 PM
  • 60 Replies
3 moms liked this

I just can't keep my mouth shut when I see so many people go on and on about how much they support Phil, how he was only quoting from the bible, everyone is attacking Christianity, where's free speech? Yada, yada, yada.

So I broke dowm and commented this on my Bil's post
I understand where you're coming from but I just wanted to add two things. One, while Phil does have freedom of speech, A&E are his employers, not the government, and have the right to suspend him for breach of contract, not representing their company in they way they would like or really any reason they choose. Two, it says a lot of things in Leviticus, a couple off the top of my head is not having long hair and getting tattoos... Phil's hair is pretty darn long,lol. But the most important thing to keep in mind is the man who's word really matters here, Jesus Christ, said Nothing about homosexuality. People need to stop cherry picking from the OT and focus on Jesus's actual teachings.

Edit: It's Corithains 11:14. Leviticus mentions not trimming your beard or temples.

by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 6:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
futureshock
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 6:44 PM
4 moms liked this

I think what you wrote was brilliant.  I love the part about pointing out that according to Leviticus that guy's long hair is as much of a sin as homosexuality.

tanyainmizzou
by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 6:54 PM

Except are you sure it is Levticus and not Corinthians?

Because Leviticus mentions not rounding off hair around your temple or beard or shaving bald parts in your hair.

Mrs.S.Cooper
by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 6:54 PM

You did well. I have expressed a similar opinion on FB.

DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Dec. 20, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Somehow I knew who this post was written by before I saw. Lol 

a. The bible does say things about homosexuality, pretty sure it's in Romans somewhere. b. It also says things about men with long hair and tatts. Not to mention a multitude of stuff. 

A&E most certainly has the right to discontinue their business relationship with him. So you are on target there. 

I find it incredibly hypocritical of them, but it's their right and honestly don't care if they fire or suspend him. I think this entire situation was a business ploy. Period. 

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Dec. 20, 2013 at 7:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you :-) Now we'll just have to wait and see if there's a rebuttal, silence or blocking,lol.

Quoting futureshock:

I think what you wrote was brilliant.  I love the part about pointing out that according to Leviticus that guy's long hair is as much of a sin as homosexuality.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

..MoonShine..
by Redwood Witch on Dec. 20, 2013 at 7:06 PM
3 moms liked this
She said that JESUS never spoke on homosexuality, not that the Bible doesn't.

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Somehow I knew who this post was written by before I saw. Lol 

a. The bible does say things about homosexuality, pretty sure it's in Romans somewhere. b. It also says things about men with long hair and tatts. Not to mention a multitude of stuff. 

A&E most certainly has the right to discontinue their business relationship with him. So you are on target there. 

I find it incredibly hypocritical of them, but it's their right and honestly don't care if they fire or suspend him. I think this entire situation was a business ploy. Period. 

.Bubbles.
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 7:06 PM
I find it very interesting that people are so passionate about a reality star. My Facebook has blown up with posts, pictures, and debates on this topic.
paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Dec. 20, 2013 at 7:07 PM

True. It does talk about not trimming your beard or your hair. Either way, the bible also talks about men not having long hair, which most everyone disregards.

Quoting tanyainmizzou:

Because Leviticus mentions not rounding off hair around your temple or beard or shaving bald parts in your hair.

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Dec. 20, 2013 at 7:08 PM

Nice to see I'm not alone in this FB war,lol

Quoting Mrs.S.Cooper:

You did well. I have expressed a similar opinion on FB.

tanyainmizzou
by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 7:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I am just saying if you are going to use the Bible to shut people up, use the correct books because otherwise you seem exactly like the people you are criticizing.   Just looking at the verses you do agree with but don't always know where they are.

Quoting paganbaby:

True. It does talk about not trimming your beard or your hair. Either way, the bible also talks about men not having long hair, which most everyone disregards.

Quoting tanyainmizzou:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)