Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

by on Dec. 21, 2013 at 3:13 PM
Replies (41-47):
candlegal
by Judy on Jan. 2, 2014 at 2:20 PM

not sure

Quoting lizzielouaf:

Oh hey, I'm glad you took the time to quote me because it reminds me...the other day you kept referring to sweets as SAG. What does the G stand for? I asked you a couple times but you must have missed the question.

Quoting candlegal:

We will say it anyway.

2 Timothy 4:2-4 

Preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching. For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths.

Quoting lizzielouaf:

A non Christian doesn't really care what your Bible has to say about homosexuality. Now what?

Quoting cathygymboree:

The Bible says that homosexuality is wrong.

Blows that up.

What to do now?

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 2:22 PM
If you state an opinion you open yourself to discourse.

I don't agree with JW's. I don't publicly declare it and try to justify why.

I am just not a JW. I feel that people who have to declare they don't like homosexuality do actually have homophobic issues.

Quoting meriana:

Agree except about the homophobic one since these days one gets called homophobic and hateful simply because their ideas, feeling and/or beliefs go against it. Not everyone who disagrees with homosexuality is a homophobic, hate filled person.

Gotta admit, awhile back I did tell a lesbian girl to stay the heck away from my daughter and yep, considered hateful by others even though they had no idea of the circumstances.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Goodwoman614
by Satan on Jan. 2, 2014 at 2:42 PM

Quoting coolmommy2x: Very true!

meriana
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 12:40 PM

Quoting Momniscient: If you state an opinion you open yourself to discourse.

I am just not a JW. I feel that people who have to declare they don't like homosexuality do actually have homophobic issues.

Quoting meriana:

Agree except about the homophobic one since these days one gets called homophobic and hateful simply because their ideas, feeling and/or beliefs go against it. Not everyone who disagrees with homosexuality is a homophobic, hate filled person.

Gotta admit, awhile back I did tell a lesbian girl to stay the heck away from my daughter and yep, considered hateful by others even though they had no idea of the circumstances.

Most of the time when people are asked something, they will give an answer and their answer usually has to do with personal feelings, ideas and or beliefs. If that answer differs from the personal feelings, ideas and beliefs of the one who asked, they are often asked why they feel or believe the way they do. They generally are not trying to justify anything, just stating the why of their opinion, feelings and/or beliefs. Where message boards like this are concerned, many things come up for discussion. Those that participate generally state how they feel about the thing being discussed, as well as the why's of their ideas, feelings, etc.  If this didn't occur there would be no discussion or at least no need for discussion.  Not agreeing with something for whatever reason does not make one a hate-filled person with some kind of phobia as many seem to think these days.

To use your example. If there was a discussion about JW's and you said you don't agree with them and why, would that make you a hate-filled person with a JW phobia?  In reality, of course not, however these days, there are those who just might make that assumption and term you a hate-filled person with a JW phobia. People really need to stop making such assumptions and stop pointing fingers at others as being hate-filled and phobic because they don't agree with something another does, believes or thinks.

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 12:43 PM
Depends on how I justified it.

If I said jw were sinners and against nature and god then yes. That would make me hate filled and phobic.

The problem with not 'agreeing' with homosexuality is that no one is trying to convert you, no one is trying to subvert you and no one is trying to do anything but have civil rights regarding their sexuality.

It really isn't up to you to agree or disagree actually.

Quoting meriana:

Quoting Momniscient: If you state an opinion you open yourself to discourse.

Quoting meriana:

Most of the time when people are asked something, they will give an answer and their answer usually has to do with personal feelings, ideas and or beliefs. If that answer differs from the personal feelings, ideas and beliefs of the one who asked, they are often asked why they feel or believe the way they do. They generally are not trying to justify anything, just stating the why of their opinion, feelings and/or beliefs. Where message boards like this are concerned, many things come up for discussion. Those that participate generally state how they feel about the thing being discussed, as well as the why's of their ideas, feelings, etc.  If this didn't occur there would be no discussion or at least no need for discussion.  Not agreeing with something for whatever reason does not make one a hate-filled person with some kind of phobia as many seem to think these days.

To use your example. If there was a discussion about JW's and you said you don't agree with them and why, would that make you a hate-filled person with a JW phobia?  In reality, of course not, however these days, there are those who just might make that assumption and term you a hate-filled person with a JW phobia. People really need to stop making such assumptions and stop pointing fingers at others as being hate-filled and phobic because they don't agree with something another does, believes or thinks.

KenneMaw
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 1:14 PM

agree ;-)

KenneMaw
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 1:23 PM

The Bible says alot of stuff is wrong (greed, lust, premarital sex, divorce, eating meat on Friday, not loving your neighbor, condemning people, etc...) yet only homosexuality seems to get all of the attention.   Is it maybe because many Christians, myself including, are commiting sins every day too and it is easier to point at others than look at ourselves?     Just a thought to chew on.

Quoting cathygymboree:

The Bible says that homosexuality is wrong.

Blows that up.

What to do now?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN