Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Ooooh!!! Gay TMZ founder slams GLAAD: They preach tolerance but they won’t tolerate Phil Robertson’s religious beliefs

Posted by on Dec. 22, 2013 at 1:14 AM
  • 138 Replies
2 moms liked this

By The Right Scoop

Gay TMZ founder and Executive Producer Harvey Levin disagrees with A&E ‘punishing’ Phil Robertson for his religious beliefs, especially when they already knew about his beliefs. He points out, though, that one of the contributing factors to A&E firing Robertson was big pressure they were getting from GLAAD. He’ll have more on his website in the morning about that, he said.

He says the irony is that GLAAD preaches tolerance, arguing that people have to accept them even though they are different. But he says the same argument can be made for Robertson, that they must accept him as well even though he is different from them.

Levin says he is gay and doesn’t agree with Robertson, but given that this country is all about freedom of religion and freedom of speech, he believes Robertson is entitled to his opinion and shouldn’t be punished for it.

Link to the rest of the story...

http://therightscoop.com/gay-tmz-founder-slams-glaad-they-preach-tolerance-but-they-wont-tolerate-phil-robertsons-religious-beliefs/

by on Dec. 22, 2013 at 1:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jllcali
by on Dec. 22, 2013 at 1:54 AM
11 moms liked this
Like OOOOH MY BOB! * snaps gum* you like mean the gheys like don't all like think the same? * snaps gum* like I thought like they all like, had a meeting or something? So they would like know what they like should all think? * snaps gum* MIND BLOOWWWWNNN
DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Dec. 22, 2013 at 2:13 AM
4 moms liked this

Love ya, but that right there was a fail sweetie! Lol 

Quoting jllcali: Like OOOOH MY BOB! * snaps gum* you like mean the gheys like don't all like think the same? * snaps gum* like I thought like they all like, had a meeting or something? So they would like know what they like should all think? * snaps gum* MIND BLOOWWWWNNN

DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Dec. 22, 2013 at 2:14 AM
4 moms liked this

Harvey was just being reasonable. Period. 

autodidact
by Platinum Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 2:15 AM
1 mom liked this

how are GLADD "punishing" him?

autodidact
by Platinum Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 2:16 AM
2 moms liked this

how/why is it a fail?

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Quoting jllcali: Like OOOOH MY BOB! * snaps gum* you like mean the gheys like don't all like think the same? * snaps gum* like I thought like they all like, had a meeting or something? So they would like know what they like should all think? * snaps gum* MIND BLOOWWWWNNN

autodidact
by Platinum Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 2:18 AM
4 moms liked this

neither Ducky's religious freedom nor FoS were compromised.

Autodidact, Unrepentant Heathen

DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Dec. 22, 2013 at 2:22 AM

Jill was trying to be funny and I assume personify a valley girl, dumb blonde response to this, or that's how it came across. Love her to pieces, but that context doesn't fit this scenario. 

Quoting autodidact:

how/why is it a fail?

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Dec. 22, 2013 at 2:23 AM

Don't disagree. 

Quoting autodidact:

neither Ducky's religious freedom or FoS were compromised.

Mommabearbergh
by on Dec. 22, 2013 at 2:23 AM
2 moms liked this
I am gonna say it and I am not a groupie fan of the show but I think gladd went to far. It's what the man believes so the hell what he made it known. There have been gays who have said some foul things " as a joke" and there are lots of issues in the gay community that need to be addressed in general. I just feel like gladd needs to clean up their own issues before focusing on what this man said. I am speaking as some one who was apart of the movement of gay marriage in mass. I just feel like there is so much more for gladd to worry about then this old man
DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Dec. 22, 2013 at 2:26 AM
2 moms liked this

They went after him. Period. They didn't like what he had to say or his opinions based on his faith after being asked a pointed question they already knew the answers to and decided to make him an example. 

Quoting autodidact:

how are GLADD "punishing" him?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN