Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

A football player with some Christmas spirit

Posted by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 12:49 AM
  • 16 Replies
4 moms liked this

That face on her is everything. 

Before anyone asks why 80 seconds, that is his number.   He has done this for a decade.

Houston Texans player Andre Johnson had 12 kids from Child Protective Services and their siblings run through a local Toys 'R' Us and grab all the toys they could in 80 seconds on Tuesday.

He picked up the $17,300 bill, telling reporters, "They don’t have to ask nobody for it. Whatever they have on their Christmas list they can pick up. That’s the reason why I do it."

Here's what a five-figure Toys 'R' Us bill looks like:

andre johnson receipt

The kids were pumped:

texans girl shopping spree

Join the conversation about this story »

by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 12:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
trulyblessed618
by Bronze Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 12:53 AM
1 mom liked this
What and awesome guy!
letstalk747
by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:11 AM
1 mom liked this

very cool of him

jllcali
by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Awesome!

I saw a pic last week of a Texans' player holding up long receipts in a Wal-Mart, and the caption said he was buying kids in cps care toys for christmas. I don't know if it was the same player or not
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:46 AM

This is great!!!

canadianmom1974
by Gold Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:52 AM
1 mom liked this
He's done this before I think, unless it was another player. My football player (oldest ds, 15) spent Saturday morning volunteering delivering food for the local Christmas dinner for those who either can't afford a Christmas dinner or those who have nowhere else to go (basically anyone can go for the meal, donate if they can afford it or it's free if they can't). He's going tomorrow and Tuesday to help with food prep. The younger boys and I are going tomorrow too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this

What an amazing man!

.Bubbles.
by Silver Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Such a cool thing for him to do. I'm sure the kids appreciate it.
Luvnlogic
by Silver Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Nice!
LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Awwww, what a sweetie!!! 

tanyainmizzou
by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:11 PM
1 mom liked this

He has done it for years.

He grew up with a single mom and he just wants to give something to these kids to give hope.

He also works with the HPD Blue Santa by donating gifts and also donating signed items for auction.

We live in a country that loves and often worships the actors and sports figures.

This guy is someone to like.

And that is so awesome what your son and you are doing.    My son and I are making sticky buns this afternoon to take to the retirement center tomorrow.   I thought muffins would be good, but according to my 5 year old, "Sticky buns are better.   They get messy."

Quoting canadianmom1974: He's done this before I think, unless it was another player. My football player (oldest ds, 15) spent Saturday morning volunteering delivering food for the local Christmas dinner for those who either can't afford a Christmas dinner or those who have nowhere else to go (basically anyone can go for the meal, donate if they can afford it or it's free if they can't). He's going tomorrow and Tuesday to help with food prep. The younger boys and I are going tomorrow too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN