Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

POTUS Has Tricare?

Posted by on Dec. 24, 2013 at 10:46 AM
  • 23 Replies
I just heard on NPR that the US president has military insurance. Does that mean that the President of the United States always has TRICARE?
by on Dec. 24, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
quickbooksworm
by Silver Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 10:48 AM
I'm pretty sure the higher ups in the executive branch have something completely unique for security purposes.
lwalker270
by Bronze Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 10:53 AM

I don't know if it's Tricare, but I know they are often seen at military hospitals.  

stringtheory
by Gold Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 10:57 AM
In the sense that military medical is funded through tricare insurance, yes. His doctors are military.
MeAndTommyLee
by Gold Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Yes.  Former presidents are covered.

Bookwormy
by Platinum Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 11:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Is this because they are captain & chief?
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Dec. 24, 2013 at 11:41 AM

I caught something on the news last night about the President, or some one, signing up for the the bronze plan yet they have the best medical coverage in the world.  They did say the President, all Presidents, always have a medical team on Air Force One.

I don't know what type of coverage he has or who it is through.  But some are already throwing hissy fits because of the outstanding coverage. As if he is the only President to have same.

momtimesx4
by Silver Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Tricare.  LOL Tricare.  The word Tricare just makes me laugh.

Bookwormy
by Platinum Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 2:54 PM
NPR ran a story this morning about Obama signing up for a bronze plan last night, but it was symbolic since the POTUS always has military health insurance. That's what got me wondering about the POTUS & Tricare.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

I caught something on the news last night about the President, or some one, signing up for the the bronze plan yet they have the best medical coverage in the world.  They did say the President, all Presidents, always have a medical team on Air Force One.

I don't know what type of coverage he has or who it is through.  But some are already throwing hissy fits because of the outstanding coverage. As if he is the only President to have same.

Bookwormy
by Platinum Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 2:55 PM
Why?

Quoting momtimesx4:

Tricare.  LOL Tricare.  The word Tricare just makes me laugh.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Dec. 24, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Quoting Bookwormy: NPR ran a story this morning about Obama signing up for a bronze plan last night, but it was symbolic since the POTUS always has military health insurance. That's what got me wondering about the POTUS & Tricare.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Yes, that was it.

Military doctors are not always the best, most times just the opposite.  I'm sure, however, the every President has the best of the best.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured