Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Things family members do in YOUR home that pisses you off...

Posted by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 1:50 AM
  • 192 Replies
2 moms liked this

This is a BIG no no. Keurig has a purpose. That purpose is to get me coffee and fast! Turning it off negates the purpose and PISSES ME OFF! Don't touch my Keurig!! Who turns that off? Aghhhhh!! 

by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 1:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hazel1922
by Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 1:51 AM
4 moms liked this
I hate things being slammed in my home. I know it's not a big deal but I don't allow it.
DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Dec. 25, 2013 at 1:54 AM
1 mom liked this

HATE that too, my mil Sounds like she is bashing everything when in a kitchen. WHY? Like the kids don't make enough noise? How hard is it to put away a dish without slamming it or the cabinet door? 

Quoting hazel1922: I hate things being slammed in my home. I know it's not a big deal but I don't allow it.

shannonnigans
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 2:23 AM
2 moms liked this
Oh do NOT EVEN touch my Keurig! Don't even look at it.

I thought you might have been exaggerating a bit earlier in fun, but this is serious. And why is it their business to determine whether this should be on or off for you? Screw that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
D-Town
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 3:31 AM
3 moms liked this

I hate when you have an open item on the shelf ...peanut butter, laundry detergent etc. And someone has to open a brand new bottle/jar while the one is still more than half full. 

Mommabearbergh
by Gold Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 3:46 AM
1 mom liked this
My dh does that and I am like dude finish the other one first

Quoting D-Town:

I hate when you have an open item on the shelf ...peanut butter, laundry detergent etc. And someone has to open a brand new bottle/jar while the one is still more than half full. 

Pink.Frosting
by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 3:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh, I wouldn't like my Keurig turned off either.  I once had an extended family member staying with me and she kept moving my purse.  I'm really bad about misplacing things so I have certain spots where certain things go and I *need* them to be there.  I place my purse on the table right next to the front door.  That way, I never have to search for it and never lose it and can simply grab it on my way out the door.  I'm assuming she thought it made it look cluttered because she kept taking my purse and moving it into my bedroom.  Over and over again.  Drove me nuts.

alc4evermom
by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 4:18 AM
3 moms liked this

Drinking from the carton or juice instead of using a cup.  

Aestas
by Gold Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 8:19 AM

We don't have any family staying with us, but SO has a habit of moving things and then forgetting he moved them. Then when I ask him where something is, he just gives me a blank look and says, "I don't know." Drives me nuts. Our brains don't work the same way as far as logical places to put things, so unless he remembers or helps me, I'm unlikely to find whatever it is.

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Dec. 25, 2013 at 8:23 AM
5 moms liked this

Making comments like "Wow I raised my son in a much cleaner house" or " I raised him to do _______ much better/different" or "I sure would have taken the time to clean XXX better if I knew company was coming..."

STABSTABSTAB

teri4lance
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 8:36 AM
1 mom liked this
My inlaws leave the toilet lid up. Doesn't piss me off, but it is annoying.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)