Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Egypt calls Muslim Brotherhood a Terrorist Group

Posted by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 1:49 AM
  • 12 Replies

I can't make it clicky. I know it's from Yahoo, not my main source. Am posting it here for opinions as I look to find more information about it else where. Other than that my opinion is, "About time." I'm very happy that they've done this.

http://news.yahoo.com/egypt-names-muslim-brotherhood-terrorist-group-155212405.html

by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 1:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
A-nony-mous
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 4:56 PM
2 moms liked this

Be careful what you post here about them. You're not allowed to even infer here on CM that they're a terrorist group. I made that implication a few months back and I got hammered for about 13 pages about how the MB are saviors for all Muslimkind, freedom fighters, the 'good guys', never hurt anyone ever, never commited a terroristic act, etc. ;-) Basically that they're really Care Bears who give out candy and visit sick children in hospitals and run orphanages and all the evidence and media is just 100% lies. 

12hellokitty
by Ruby Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 5:02 PM

Quoting A-nony-mous:

Be careful what you post here about them. You're not allowed to even infer here on CM that they're a terrorist group. I made that implication a few months back and I got hammered for about 13 pages about how the MB are saviors for all Muslimkind, freedom fighters, the 'good guys', never hurt anyone ever, never commited a terroristic act, etc. ;-) Basically that they're really Care Bears who give out candy and visit sick children in hospitals and run orphanages and all the evidence and media is just 100% lies. 

good

Luvnlogic
by Silver Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 5:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I think we need to consider the source. The military-backed govt that was voted out in favor of the MB, who then ousted them militarily in order to take back control has decided to call them a terrorist organization based upon an attack the MB denies and that another group has taken credit for. Sounds like dirty politics more than anything to me. I don't know that they are or aren't terrorists, just that this particular situation seems shady.
stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 5:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Please look into the full history before declaring that the current government is Egypt is going to tell any truth about anything.  They are not elected, they took over with violence.  They are killing people by the hundreds and throwing everyone in jail who complains about it.  The terrorists are the one in power now.  Most of the country is protesting this but you will never hear about that on yahoo.

It's a shame and an outrage that the elected government was kicked out by force, and they have installed a dictator who will let all the Mubarak criminals out of jail and jail anyone who starts talking about elections.

Mark my words, you will not see democracy in Egypt under this new dictatorship.  And soon you won't even see whatever little protests the press manages to get out of Egypt because they will be back to an oppressive leadership in which people will be killed and jailed for daring to speak against the dictatorship.

muslimahpj
by Ruby Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 8:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I think this is a joke considering the current 'govt' is the one massacring people. 

This is just one of many.

http://thinkafricapress.com/egypt/rabaa-massacre-morgue-march-rage

StarburstKisses
by Bronze Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 1:28 PM

I don't think there will be peace for Egypt, period. Mulsimah and others who share her opinion and it would seem you as well i think, would rather have their old president back in office. There is a great rift in Egypt from religious groups imo. Their old president, signed a bill that made Muslims imune from prosecution when they did crimes to anyone who was not mulsim. That is wrong. He made himself imune and his followers in office for the same thing. When in Egypt, it was that there were 4 grades to citizenship. 

1. Muslim Man

2. Muslim Woman

3. Coptic Man (Christian Man)

4. Coptic Female (Christian Woman)

It should be an equal citizenship. People should not be fearfull of another religion, or who is in office based on what they believe. I do not think peace will come to Egypt because from what I see is unrest on both sides. I see that the Muslims want in there way, only there way or it's the high way. If you try to press against them, you are killed. When you try to speak to the peacefull followers and supporters, they truly believe that those who are commiting hellacious crimes are doing so out of righteousness. That they're not wrong. That they provide good things to their people, etc. etc. etc. I see those who are not muslim want a state of Egypt that is for everyone, and is accepting of the non-muslims. That's what they want. And I see that they're fearfull of the muslims because of those who act out against them. IMO there will never and can never be peace within the ME. There will always be bombings, there will always be unrule. Why? Because I honestly do not see them setting it aside and coming together to find something that works. It's sad, yes, but it's true. I mean even if you took all the non-muslims out of Egypt, you would still have the Muslims fighting because of different variations of that faith. Until people - all people - no matter your faith or your country stand up and say they're not  condoning violence of any matter, until they choose to stand together as one and work together, it will never work.

There will always be pointing fingers at both sides, there will always be this war that no one wants to call it. There will always be the supporters of all sides who whole heartedly believe they are right. Those who will say it's okay for those who are commiting crimes because *insert something along the lines of they support hospitals, they help local villages, they were taught that, etc. etc. etc. * I see it how i call it, and I agree with the Egyptian government. The muslim brotherhood are full of terrorists. However, it doesn't matter what I believe, it won't change anything there. You can talk to people who support them all day long and someone who doesn't want to understand will not. I don't mean you, I'm just saying in general.

Please look into the full history before declaring that the current government is Egypt is going to tell any truth about anything.  They are not elected, they took over with violence.  They are killing people by the hundreds and throwing everyone in jail who complains about it.  The terrorists are the one in power now.  Most of the country is protesting this but you will never hear about that on yahoo.

It's a shame and an outrage that the elected government was kicked out by force, and they have installed a dictator who will let all the Mubarak criminals out of jail and jail anyone who starts talking about elections.

Mark my words, you will not see democracy in Egypt under this new dictatorship.  And soon you won't even see whatever little protests the press manages to get out of Egypt because they will be back to an oppressive leadership in which people will be killed and jailed for daring to speak against the dictatorship.

StarburstKisses
by Bronze Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 1:42 PM

Quoting muslimahpj:

I think this is a joke considering the current 'govt' is the one massacring people. 

You believe that the other government, the last one, was better than this? Would you also have it with the 4 degrees of citizenship for the people of Egypt? Would you have it where the last president, his followers, and other muslims were protected from prosecution no matter what they did to a non-muslim because they were that - non muslim so it was deemed okay? Are you okay with all the things the Muslim Brotherhood has done, and say they will do? Do you think it's okay for those who ran through the streets after they forced the other president out, those who ran through the streets killing those they found who supported the removal? Any way you shave it, it doesn't equal okay. When a large number of people have to live in fear that if they show their religion, or themselves because they don't follow one religion that they will be masacarred. It is not okay when you're in a democratic country, and your government only caters to one religious faction and then bases laws around it. That is not okay. It is not okay when you win an election that was corrupt. It is not okay for a political group or people to be known to affiliate or fund terrorist groups, or to be apart of it even. Where in any way are any of these things okay?

Like I was telling another woman in here. I do not think there will ever be peace in Egypt, or any other ME country. There is a war, yes I said war, between the Muslims and other religions. There is an unrest between them. Between Non-Muslims, Muslims, and the various islamic religions. The non-muslims want to live there, the muslims and others -the ones that are afflicting harm, and those who are peacefull but back up those who act with malice- want the non believers gone or they want them to become muslim. That will never end. What do you call a place where you cannot be yourself, choose what you want to follow yourself? Where instead you're forced to conform of face the threat of being killed? A good word is slavery, for without the freedom to choose what else are/would you be? IMo even if you were to take all the non-muslims out of all the ME countries, you would still find strife, unrest, etc. It won't end ever. There is not one party who is saying, "NO VIOLENCE OF ANY SORT".

Not one group who is saying, "We need to come together as people, as humans, set aside our differences and come to an agreement".  From where I stand, on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean, is that there are those who will commit hellacious crimes. And there are the peacefull protesters who believe the same as the beforementioned. However, they are also the ones backing and supporting the ones who commit the acts. They say that it is okay, it doesn't matter you do. To them the means to the end do not matter. They don't care how many they kill, they don't think twice in their mind, they all just have on thing in their mind. This right here, i think is the issue. Ignorance and refusal to peacefully and collectively come together to find an agreement. Instead you have all these sides at each other's throat demanding that all the others bend to their knees and follow their will. All decreeing that they are right. With this mind set, no one will rise above. They will all fail and fall. There will always be war, and never peace.

meriana
by Platinum Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Hmm, and then there's another thread that says the OIC feels that, order get rid of Islamaphobia, pretty much anything anti-muslim should be viewed, silenced and prosecuted as a hate crime. Wonder how they'll go about prosecuting Eygpt.

I'm pretty much with StarburstKisses, I don't think there will ever be any real peace in the ME. There has been fighting in those countries in one form or another off an on for centuries and because of that an awful lot of people know nothing but fighting, war, fear, etc. and nothing really of being able to live peacefully. There cannot be lasting peace or any real peace at all as long as there are groups who will insist with every last breath that the only right way to live is their way and are willing to die to enforce their way.

muslimahpj
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Do you know any Egyptians that are living in Egypt right now? I do, so dont try to sell me your bs.

Quoting StarburstKisses:

Quoting muslimahpj:

You believe that the other government, the last one, was better than this? Would you also have it with the 4 degrees of citizenship for the people of Egypt? Would you have it where the last president, his followers, and other muslims were protected from prosecution no matter what they did to a non-muslim because they were that - non muslim so it was deemed okay? Are you okay with all the things the Muslim Brotherhood has done, and say they will do? Do you think it's okay for those who ran through the streets after they forced the other president out, those who ran through the streets killing those they found who supported the removal? Any way you shave it, it doesn't equal okay. When a large number of people have to live in fear that if they show their religion, or themselves because they don't follow one religion that they will be masacarred. It is not okay when you're in a democratic country, and your government only caters to one religious faction and then bases laws around it. That is not okay. It is not okay when you win an election that was corrupt. It is not okay for a political group or people to be known to affiliate or fund terrorist groups, or to be apart of it even. Where in any way are any of these things okay?

Like I was telling another woman in here. I do not think there will ever be peace in Egypt, or any other ME country. There is a war, yes I said war, between the Muslims and other religions. There is an unrest between them. Between Non-Muslims, Muslims, and the various islamic religions. The non-muslims want to live there, the muslims and others -the ones that are afflicting harm, and those who are peacefull but back up those who act with malice- want the non believers gone or they want them to become muslim. That will never end. What do you call a place where you cannot be yourself, choose what you want to follow yourself? Where instead you're forced to conform of face the threat of being killed? A good word is slavery, for without the freedom to choose what else are/would you be? IMo even if you were to take all the non-muslims out of all the ME countries, you would still find strife, unrest, etc. It won't end ever. There is not one party who is saying, "NO VIOLENCE OF ANY SORT".

Not one group who is saying, "We need to come together as people, as humans, set aside our differences and come to an agreement".  From where I stand, on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean, is that there are those who will commit hellacious crimes. And there are the peacefull protesters who believe the same as the beforementioned. However, they are also the ones backing and supporting the ones who commit the acts. They say that it is okay, it doesn't matter you do. To them the means to the end do not matter. They don't care how many they kill, they don't think twice in their mind, they all just have on thing in their mind. This right here, i think is the issue. Ignorance and refusal to peacefully and collectively come together to find an agreement. Instead you have all these sides at each other's throat demanding that all the others bend to their knees and follow their will. All decreeing that they are right. With this mind set, no one will rise above. They will all fail and fall. There will always be war, and never peace.

pvtjokerus
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Yes, they r a known terrorist group.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN