Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

No charges after family member’s gun fatally shoots 2-month-old on Christmas Eve

Posted by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 11:32 PM
  • 153 Replies

By David Edwards
Thursday, December 26, 2013 10:23 EST
An infant baby. Photo: Shutterstock.com, all rights reserved.

• 754An auto

An autopsy was being conducted on Thursday after a 2-month-old girl was shot to death in Pennsylvania on Christmas Eve.

The Lancaster Intelligencer Journal reported that the infant had been killed by a single gunshot wound in East Lampeter Township on Tuesday just after 2 p.m.

Investigators said that the only person at home with the child at the time of the shooting was an adult male. According to The Patriot-News, police said that the gun was owned by a family member.

First responders were unable to revive the girl and she was later pronounced dead at Lancaster General Hospital.

“Obviously, we are investigating exactly how it took place,” Lancaster County District Attorney Craig Stedman noted on Christmas morning.

Stedman pointed out that two other children under the age of 2 had been killed in the area in the past year.

“Not sure I can really articulate just how tragic it is that a 2-month-old baby was shot dead on Christmas Eve,” he added.

The suspected shooter and members of the girl’s family were cooperating with police. No charges were expected to be filed immediately, police said in a statement.

by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 11:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jllcali
by Jane on Dec. 26, 2013 at 11:43 PM
5 moms liked this
I can't watch the video, but for the love of fuck how in the fuck does a 2 month old accidentally get shot? The only explanation I can think of is sheer stupidity.
NWP
by guerrilla girl on Dec. 26, 2013 at 11:53 PM
7 moms liked this

When the fuck are we going to start prosecuting these people?

Quoting jllcali: I can't watch the video, but for the love of fuck how in the fuck does a 2 month old accidentally get shot? The only explanation I can think of is sheer stupidity.

National Woman's Party

Healthystart30
by Silver Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 12:10 AM
10 moms liked this
Quoting NWP:

When the fuck are we going to start prosecuting these people?

Quoting jllcali: I can't watch the video, but for the love of fuck how in the fuck does a 2 month old accidentally get shot? The only explanation I can think of is sheer stupidity.

When the right to have a gun stops being more important than a human life.
Cmgmqmmom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 12:12 AM
1 mom liked this
I would like to know more about this.
Goodwoman614
by Satan on Dec. 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM

BUMP!

Bonita131
by Bronze Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 4:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Only in America.

God bless the guns!

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Dec. 27, 2013 at 5:42 AM
4 moms liked this

where the hell else in the world do you hear of these happenings?  Fuck me...the elderly and the defenseless seem to be unworthy of life.

"MERICA...PEW PEW PEW"

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 7:15 AM
1 mom liked this
I have family that live very close to this story

It is crazy!!

There need to e charges - ASAP
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CynderGinger
by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 7:18 AM
I dont think it was an accident being how the other two were killed that same year. Accidents dont just happenwhen it comes to a life. If it was a my baby that mother fucker would be put away.
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 8:56 AM
9 moms liked this
I've had a gun for 23 years. It's never gone off accidentally. It's never been fired inside a house. And no human has ever been shot with it. Now this is just little me. If I can do that, why can't every one else?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)