Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Seriously, this is how they are promoting Obamacare?

Posted by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 11:28 AM
  • 259 Replies

View image on Twitter

by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GloBug62
by Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 11:37 AM
2 moms liked this

The biggest part of "Obamacare" is the individual mandate. This is how they are catering to that age group. They want to turn what is perceived as a negative into a positive some how. The ads are kind of offensive and stupid but so are 20-something adults. No offense to 20-somethings here, but when I was that age I would have found these ads comical.

candlegal
by Judy on Dec. 27, 2013 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Comical does not get people to buy insurance.

Quoting GloBug62:

The biggest part of "Obamacare" is the individual mandate. This is how they are catering to that age group. They want to turn what is perceived as a negative into a positive some how. The ads are kind of offensive and stupid but so are 20-something adults. No offense to 20-somethings here, but when I was that age I would have found these ads comical.

AlekD
by Gold Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 11:43 AM
10 moms liked this

I am 23 and find them repulsive and insulting. :)

Quoting GloBug62:

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9                                                   My Blog

furbabymum
by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 11:43 AM
4 moms liked this

Are you sure these are real ads? I doubt it. They can't be real.

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 11:46 AM

What is your source

AlekD
by Gold Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this

They are real. It's from the colorado insurance marketplace. the website is doyougotinsurance.com

Quoting furbabymum:

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9                                                   My Blog

KelliansMom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 11:48 AM
This.

I don't really find them offensive more on the funny side. But I don't see the government putting out ads like this

Quoting furbabymum:

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 11:49 AM

LMAo.....You people

Got Insurance is a project of the Thanks Obamacare campaign, created by the Colorado Consumer Health Initiative and ProgressNow Colorado Education to educate everyone about the benefits of the Affordable Care Act.

LiveinJoy
by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Advertising is meant to target and cater to an audience.  There are also spoofs of ads created by people to mock particular things they deem unacceptable.

schatzi869
by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 11:50 AM
2 moms liked this
I doubt they are legit. I mean seriously, "Do you GOT insurance?"
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN