Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/O Pedophilia a Sexual Orientation....Devil's Advocate

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:17 PM
  • 21 Replies

Those of you that know me, know how I feel about sexual predators...short rope..tall tree.  With that in mind allow me to play devil's advocate.

Some things to think about.

In the related post many of you mentioned the age of consent.  I noticed none of you took new laws regarding sexual health into consideration.

In at least 1 state a child as young as 12 can obtain and use birth control without parental consent/notification.  This same child can also obtain an abortion without parental consent/notification.  Would this 12 year old then still not be able to consent to sex?

"Born that way" was one of the arguements used to make homosexuality more socially acceptable.  Would this not be a valid arguement here in light of a child as young as 12 being able to consent?

Classified as a sexual orientation pedolphilia becomes protected by discrimination laws.

With all of this in mind......aren't we all just bigots for feeling the way we do about them?

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
furbabymum
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:19 PM
1 mom liked this

It's all about mental maturity in my mind. I don't think a 12 year old could consent. I think it's even more unlikely that they'd consent to a much older man willingly. Why? Because said man is probably a master manipulator. The sexual predators we have had come through our office have always been very very good at manipulation. They are so super polite and concerned. So "sweet". That's their MO. Earn your trust and make you believe you want it even if you don't really. So yeah, I'm not sold.

MamiJaAyla
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope.  The issue with sexual orientation is the fact that its consent b/w 2 CONSENTING adults. (or those of similar age). The sexes of those involved does not matter to me that abiltity for a true consent does.  There is no equality b/w adult and child any more than there is b/w any "authority" figure and those over which they have authority.

So nope I don't care if its considered a sexual orientation any more than bestiality.  The deal is the equality b/w the persons having sex.  There needs to be consent.  

motha2daDuchess
by Bruja on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Wtf...

supercarp
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:30 PM
2 moms liked this

Allowing a 12 year old to obtain birth control is not saying we approve of sex for children, only that they have a need for protection. The parent may be the abuser.

A 12 year old cannot legally consent. They might illegally consent, which makes the adult a criminal.

I believe that pedophiles should be castrated.

canadianmom1974
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:46 PM
2 moms liked this
A 12 yo being able to get birth control is still not capable of consent. I understand how there seems to be a disconnect there, but really being capable of consenting to sexual activity is not related to the ability to get or use birth control. BC, particularly hormonal bc, can be used for reasons other than bc - for example to regulate periods.

I think using the term 'sexual orientation' is wrong, it should be 'brain abnormality' or 'deviant sexual orientation'.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Woodbabe
by Woodie on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:47 PM

I see what you're trying to say. Historically young men  under the modern concept of the age of consent have willingly placed themselves in a sexual relationship with older men in order to gain protection, education and advancement in society, the Roman Empire being a great example. It was common for older men to have sexual relations with young boys, in fact they didn't marry until they were ready to have children.

Is this age of consent a modern idea? If a person is physically mature should they have the right to make their own choices willingly?

*loves playing along with Devil's Advocate*

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:35 PM
I don't discriminate. I hate all shitheads.
survivorinohio
by René on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Because of my life I have thought a lot about the age of consent.  I really dont think a 12 yr old can deal with the pressure from an adult in such matters.  I was a very mature 12 and I sure couldnt.  Having sex was never my idea and urging someone so young is just so wrong.

Sex is confusing for grown women.

If pedophilia is a sexual orientation than we need to protect our children more not less and tighten law IMO.

rfhsure
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:05 PM
I know more than one person who consciously and willfully chose to lose their virginities at 12, some even earlier. I do think kids of that age are able.to consent. Not all of them, and I don't agree with it whatsoever but there are kids out there, as I imagine their are pedophiles out there who are kind people that choose not to offend and are probably very confused emotionally about what they're feeling.

All things considered though, I still can't say I could agree with it, even if the child was mature enough to consent. Even a mature child of that age still won't have the same mental capability to make decisions an adult does. I think it could still create problems for the consenting child down the road.
MsDenuninani
by A.Ham on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:21 PM

When it comes to the laws you mention, I make a distinction between laws designed to protect the parents, and laws designed to protect the minor.

Birth control / abortion consent and notification laws are about protecting parent's interst in what their child is doing.  They are about giving a parent access to the child's life that she may otherwise be keeping from them.  In that way, they are violative of a child's privacy.  If you believe that a 12 year old has the right to make these decisions privately then you don't have a problem with these laws.

However, sexual consent laws are not about the parents -- they are about the minor.  They take away the parent's right to consent on her behalf one way or another, because they take away her right to consent, period.  I do not have a problem with them. 

Basically, what I"m saying is that I do not believe in giving a girl's parents greater rights to her body than she has, which is what parental consent laws do. Sexual consent laws, however, do no such thing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)