Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ann Coulter Applies Her Twisted Logic To All Single Women Except Herself (VIDEO)

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:42 PM
  • 88 Replies
1 mom liked this

Ann Coulter Applies Her Twisted Logic To All Single Women Except Herself (VIDEO)

Author: December 16, 2013 8:45 pm
Ann Coulter puts down single women even though she's a single woman.

On Ann Coulter’s planet, single women want the government to be their husbands, and want it to provide for them and pay for their birth control. Photo of Ann Coulter from Wikipedia.

Ann Coulter really has a beef with single women. On a Fox & Friends episode from Dec. 15, she said that Republicans don’t have a problem with women, they have a problem with single women. On her planet, single women want the government to be their husbands. They want the government to provide for them and pay for their birth control, and basically just take care of everything for them.

It’s not hard to understand that Ann Coulter is a woman with an odd view on women’s issues. Her ideal world is back in 1950, when women knew their place as secondary to men. She wants women everywhere to be married, and submissive to their husbands. It seems she thinks the world’s problems would all go away if women would just get married and shut up. Or, to put it in Ann Coulter’s own words:

“By the way, Republicans don’t have a problem with women. They have a problem with unmarried women who think, ‘No, we don’t need national defense, we need our birth control paid for.’ [...] And why? Because single women look at the government as their husbands. [They say] ‘Please provide for me, please take care of me.’”

Here’s the video:

Ann Coulter is a single woman, too.

She must exempt herself from this view, though. She has never been married. She has, however, been engaged several times. One has to wonder just who she thinks she is, criticizing single women for being single, for not having a husband to “depend on.” If all women would just get married and shut up, she’d be entirely out of work and without her own voice. Imagine that, a world without Ann Coulter’s voice. But, if it means giving up our own identities an voices as women, forget it.

One of the things that Ann Coulter said on the show was that Republicans don’t have a problem with women, but they have a problem with single women. She seems to assume that single women automatically depend on government aid to get by, like Medicaid, instead of working on their own and trying to make their own way. Is she the only woman who’s capable of supporting herself without a husband? No.

To be clear, Medicaid does cover contraceptives. So does private insurance. Women who have private insurance through their employers or through the marketplace help pay for their contraceptives through their premiums, the same as every other medication. This is not depending on the government to provide contraception.

Ann Coulter must think of her single status differently than that of every other single woman’s.

So, what’s going on here? She’s the exception to the rule of women needing men to take care of them? Since she’s wealthy enough to have a Manhattan condo and a house in Palm Beach, maybe she does somehow think she’s “above” most single women.

Or maybe it’s because she’s “an aggressive right-winger,” as she put it while on the “Fox & Friends” segment. She’s not an Obama follower, so she’s not the “stupid, single woman,” that she once so eloquently described as the entire Democratic base. Her message to the stupid single women at that time was that, if the Affordable Care Act went through, their husbands wouldn’t be able to pay them child support because the ACA would destroy wealth, and America, as everyone knew it.

Years ago, Ann Coulter said that if we eliminated women’s right to vote, we’d never have to worry about another Democratic president again. It’s supposedly a personal fantasy of hers. But then, she wouldn’t be able to vote for her Republican buddies either.

It’s actually impossible to understand how Ann Coulter, as a woman, can hate women so much. Particularly single women, since she is herself a single woman.

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lga1965
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:49 PM
2 moms liked this

She is a riot, that horse-toothed , psychotic , androgenic wonder.

bad

amyasmommy2005
by Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:50 PM

i tried to listen to the drippel but then i hear her voice and decided naahh it wasn't worth it.

greenie63
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:05 PM
6 moms liked this
He's annoying.
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:14 PM
6 moms liked this

Employed women (single and married) do not want the government to provide for them, they want their insurance companies to provide for medical costs equally, including pharmaceuticals... if prescriptions meds are covered, then they are covered, period...No picking and choosing which MD orders will be covered vs denied.

They need to draw chromosomes on AC...46XX seems unlikely.

AtiFreeFalls
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:01 PM
2 moms liked this

While I also disagree with her, I think attacking her looks is a terrible tactic and undermines all women.

Quoting lga1965:

bad

AtiFreeFalls
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:05 PM

I used to think like Ann.  I really believed that the ill of society was the liberated woman, and that "different but equal" tripe that was spewed at me was the answer.  Of COURSE women should stay home and raise babies, just like men should be the ones doing all the other work.  Women had nothing special to contribute to society in the workforce, men could take care of that, women the homefront and the world would be fine.

How ignorant I was.  The more I have learned, the more I have seen the statistics regarding gender equality and affluence and peace, the more I have become aware of how unequal men and women still are in this country, the more I have wanted to slap my former self and forget she ever existed.

I wish Ann Coulter could learn the same things I did.  I think she could if her wealth didn't depend on remaining blind and uneducated.

lga1965
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:05 PM
2 moms liked this

No, it doesn't "undermine all women". SHe is not "all women".

Don't go all self-righteous and politically correct on me now. She's ugly inside and out and doesn't deserve to have anyone defend her. Obviously you are not familiar with the venom she has been spewing for at least a decade.

Quoting AtiFreeFalls:

While I also disagree with her, I think attacking her looks is a terrible tactic and undermines all women.

Quoting lga1965:

bad

yourspecialkid
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this

So, there are no single women not only using, but expecting government assistance?  If there aren't any she is wrong.  If there are some she is right...even if it is not a very politically correct right.

yourspecialkid
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting lga1965:

No, it doesn't "undermine all women". SHe is not "all women".

Don't go all self-righteous and politically correct on me now. She's ugly inside and out and doesn't deserve to have anyone defend her. Obviously you ar not familiar with the venom she has been spewing for at least a decade.

Quoting AtiFreeFalls:

Quoting lga1965:

bad

What she was trying to tell you was that it makes you seem like a shrew...and she doesn't think that is how you meant to come across.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)