Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Apparently, not everyone felt "shamed". Maria Kang releases calendar full of women inspired by "no excuses".

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:47 PM
  • 29 Replies
1 mom liked this

'What's Your Excuse' Mom's 2014 Swimsuit Calendar, Featuring Fit Fans

For anyone who thought that Maria Kang — aka the opinionated, oft-criticized "hot Facebook mom" — would ride off quietly into the sunset with the close of 2013, we've got news: She's back. Again. And this time she's got a posse of supporters with her. Kang, who first entered the national spotlight after her "What's Your Excuse?" photo went viral in October, is now embracing the phrase even more, releasing her 2014 "No Excuse Fit Mom Calendar" (available here) this week. It features 25 "real, everyday moms who transformed themselves through fitness." Let's meet a few, shall we? —Beth Greenfield, Yahoo Shine Staff

http://shine.yahoo.com/photos/what-s-your-excuse-mom-launches-2014-swimsuit-calendar-featuring-fit-fans-slideshow/

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ReadWriteLuv
by Khaleesi on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:49 PM

ReadWriteLuv
by Khaleesi on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:50 PM

ReadWriteLuv
by Khaleesi on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:50 PM

ReadWriteLuv
by Khaleesi on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Arroree
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:55 AM
4 moms liked this

"If it is important to you, you will find a way... if not,  you'll find an excuse"

Ummm, nope. If it's not important to you you don't need any excuses.

Just more bs trying to shame women who don't have their same priorities and wants.

Momniscient
by Obama licker on Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:58 AM
6 moms liked this
Yeah. I'm a fitness gal. A personal trainer and all that. I'm not impressed with this gal. She seems to be just looking for her 15 mins and I think her approach is ineffective at
Best and arrogant and thoughtless at worst.

Quoting Arroree:

"If it is important to you, you will find a way... if not,  you'll find an excuse"

Ummm, nope. If it's not important to you you don't need any excuses.

Just more bs trying to shame women who don't have their same priorities and wants.

jessilin0113
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:59 AM

Ummm, bully for them?  

If she was so secure in herself she wouldn't constantly be trying to validate her opinion and lifestyle.  She's worked hard on her body, she's smokin' hot, good for her and her priorities.  Leave everybody else alone.  

Momniscient
by Obama licker on Dec. 31, 2013 at 1:02 AM
But that doesn't bring about 15 minutes of fame...

;)

Quoting jessilin0113:

Ummm, bully for them?  

If she was so secure in herself she wouldn't constantly be trying to validate her opinion and lifestyle.  She's worked hard on her body, she's smokin' hot, good for her and her priorities.  Leave everybody else alone.  

Ultra_
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 1:02 AM
I don't see at all how this is trying to shame anyone. As a graphic designer, I do think the graphics are blah and that Bri needs a breast lift.
jessilin0113
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 1:03 AM

I know, right?  Heaven forbid somebody live without a spotlight.  :P

Quoting Momniscient: But that doesn't bring about 15 minutes of fame...

;)

Quoting jessilin0113:

Ummm, bully for them?  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)