Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do if you were taken to Vegas to tie the knot in forced marriage??

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 9:27 AM
  • 44 Replies

Kidnapped Bride Taken to Vegas to Tie the Knot in Forced Marriage

by Jenny Erikson 

You’ve heard of a shotgun wedding, right? Well, what about a “my boyfriend kidnapped me at knifepoint and took me to Vegas to force my hand” wedding? Virginia Valdez unfortunately has, and now her (presumably ex-) boyfriend is being held on kidnapping charges.

Thomas Martin Pfeiffer was arrested for several charges, including kidnapping, fourth-degree assault, and unlawful use of a weapon. The 22-year-old allegedly forced his 23-year-old girlfriend and their 22-month-old daughter into his car by threatening her with a knife.

He told her they were headed to Las Vegas to make their union official. They stopped once overnight on the 30-hour road trip from their Washington home, but Valdez said she felt too secluded to try to escape.

The next morning, she waited until they had to stop for gas, and at the Baker Truck Corral in Baker City, Oregon, she got out, lay on the ground, and started screaming for help. Good girl!

The cops came, they arrested the baby daddy, and set his bail at $155,500. If convicted, he faces up to five years and 10 months in jail.

Note to dudes everywhere -- marriages that start out at knifepoint rarely last. Try flowers or jewelry next time.

Please tell me your proposal story is way better than this? What would you do if this happened to you?

by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 9:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AtiFreeFalls
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 10:41 AM

Damn.  I have family in Baker City.  I just facebooked them lol.

I proposed to my husband first, but we made it official when he popped the question in a gas station parking lot at 5:30 AM lol.  I still give him crap for it, he has NO sense of romance.

If someone tried to force me to marry them I'd have probably done exactly what this woman did.  I dont' know why a man would want a wife he had to force into it, though.  Have you heard the saying "A man may own a woman or he may own a knife, but never both,"?

valrubio
by Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 10:53 AM
There is no way I would ever give a guy would would pull some shit like that the time of day. So it wouldn't happen to me.
LaughCryLive
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 12:04 PM
5 moms liked this

Ahhh victim blaming.

Quoting valrubio: There is no way I would ever give a guy would would pull some shit like that the time of day. So it wouldn't happen to me.

Alayna - Wife to Sanjay and mommy to Anjali

meriana
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 1:41 PM

I'd probably do exactly what she did.  I wonder if there were any indications prior to this happening that he was, lets say, a bit unbalanced although people are quite capable of hiding the fact that they're controlling until it's too late.  When one has a child, one does have to be a lot more careful about how one goes about getting help. A woman, on her own, could run at some point, but with a child...no, not really possible without endangering the child.

Stephanie329
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 1:56 PM
I feel like he'd never made it to Vegas I'm by no means bad ass. I don't know how I'd get away. 30 hours is a long time to make a plan. I suppose she did have a plan and it worked.
pixie92
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 4:28 PM
I would of killed him while he slept. Kidnap my kid hell no. I think she was smart and did things the safest way possible for her and her child.
pixie92
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 4:29 PM
3 moms liked this
Yup cause you always know who is gonna turn crazy...... not.

Quoting valrubio: There is no way I would ever give a guy would would pull some shit like that the time of day. So it wouldn't happen to me.
blueforewolf
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 6:19 PM
1 mom liked this

she did exactly as she should have done - neither she nor the baby were harmed and he went to jail - I think she did a great job 

valrubio
by Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Your nuts if you think in the at least 2 years they were together that the guy was a super awesome gentleman who treated her with every respect and then magically woke up one day and held her and their child by knife point.

Quoting pixie92: Yup cause you always know who is gonna turn crazy...... not.

Zoiksandaway
by Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 6:32 PM
Whoa. Poor lady. Wonder did she have any indication that kind of crazy was lurking in her baby's daddy prior to this incidence.

When someone is that nuts, any move can turn fatal.

She is alive so she played it well.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured