Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

i just bought my first legal bag of weed

Posted by   + Show Post

after waiting in line for five and a half hours in 30 degree weather. Met some very nice people while waiting though.

this marks the first time EVER that marijuana has been sold legally for recreational purposes. All you need is proof of age and some cash.

by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 6:14 PM
Replies (101-110):
canadianmom1974
by Gold Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 3:59 PM
Exactly. I don't partake at all, but I know I could make a few calls and get some pot within the hour, but because I don't know where it comes from (originally) I wouldn't chance it. But being able to walk into a licensed seller and get stuff I know is safe, is another story.

Quoting aehutmacher:
Quoting canadianmom1974: If she was hallucinating it was probably laced with something. Not all pot smokers are like what you see in Pineapple Express. As I said in another thread, the partakers I know are all 'upstanding citizens'. All employed, productive members of society, not a single fat, lazy, unemployed bum among them.

Quoting lucy164:

They have found mold, insects and manure in pot.  My friend in college tried it and said she saw things coming out of the walls.  I won't try it.  Also it makes you lazy hungry and fat.  Who would want that?

I'm thinking it was pesticides. That shit kills. Or dipped in formaldehyde or something. But, once again, this is a major reason to push for regulation of marijuana for all consenting adults.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Jan. 2, 2014 at 4:05 PM

I don't smoke, but congrats!

acrogodess
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 4:06 PM
Well alright.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Friday
by HRH of MJ on Jan. 2, 2014 at 4:21 PM

Quoting MSJAP2010: Awesome!!! It's not legal in Missouri yet. I wish it was

Check out NORML and MPP's websites. They have all the latest info and I believe it is in the works in Mo. You can get on their mailing lists and they will let you know when legislation comes up and they have contact info for your representatives and form letters you can send or email.

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

Friday
by HRH of MJ on Jan. 2, 2014 at 4:26 PM

Quoting IandLoveandYou: "That shit is in everything" teehee, pun intended!

Quoting Friday:

Quoting lucy164:

They have found mold, insects and manure in pot.  My friend in college tried it and said she saw things coming out of the walls.  I won't try it.  Also it makes you lazy hungry and fat.  Who would want that?

That's why one needs to know their sources. I get mine from a licensed dispensary. Besides, look up what's in ketchup and the FDA's legally allowed amounts of bug parts and fecal matter. That shit is in everything.

Yeah and my best friends, brothers, girlfriends, hairdressers, sisters, boyfriend took one hit at a party and dropped dead. My husband and his uncles have been smoking mj for over 40 years and have never, ever had any kind of hallucinations or reaction like that.

As far as lazy and hungry, many patients use mj for these very effects to help them sleep or eat. But it depends on the strain, there is a huge variety and some make you focused and hyper. Many successful people use mj, you likely know some but you don't know they smoke it. MJ doesn't make you fat, the munchies might but that's up to you and what you munch.

I couldn't help myself.

I saw a show, years ago, about the stuff that is on our foods. Factories have regs and do what they can but rodents and bugs are everywhere, it's just part of living in our world. There are more of them than there are of us. It's nasty but inevitable so I just don't think about it. Like all those tiny creatures on my face, eating my dead skin, fact of life.

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

Raintree
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 4:26 PM

My home state!

merryvoice
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 2:55 AM
5 1/2 hours in freezing weather?? Was it worth it? (I'm not being snarky; I never smoked it, so I don't know.)
pj2becca21
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 2:57 AM

Have fun, be smart, and be safe! 

Goodwoman614
by Satan on Jan. 3, 2014 at 4:55 AM

Quoting Friday:

Check out NORML and MPP's websites. They have all the latest info and I believe it is in the works in Mo. You can get on their mailing lists and they will let you know when legislation comes up and they have contact info for your representatives and form letters you can send or email.

Thanks for this reminder. I had trimmed my inbox a while back, but I wouldn't mind being kept in the loop regarding my state, ways to let lawmakers know my thoughts on legalization/decriminalization.

MSJAP2010
by Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 7:32 AM
Oh it's in the works. I also have a close friend that speaks on behalf of legalizing it.

Quoting Friday:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN