Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

New Year's twin babies born separate years.

Posted by   + Show Post

New Year's Twin Babies Born in Separate Years

As people around the world partied their way into the new year, two mothers gave birth to two of the last babies of 2013 and two of the first babies of 2014. While born just minutes apart, their twin babies entered the world in two different years.

On Dec. 31, 2013, at 11:58 p.m., Yaleni Santos Tohalino gave birth to baby girl Lorraine Yaleni Begazo, who weighed at 6 pounds, 4.9 ounces, at MedStar Washington Hospital Center, in Washington, D.C.

Soon after, her twin brother Brandon Ferdinando Begazo was born on Jan. 1, 2014, at 12:01 a.m., weighing at 5 pounds, 10.4 ounces.

"I feel wonderful full of joy and happiness and a full sense of realization," the twins' father, Warren Begazo, told ABCNews.com. "This is her first children ever, and they're beautiful and she's really happy."

In Toronto, two fraternal twin sisters were also born in 2013 and in 2014, respectively. At Trillium Health Partners-Credit Valley Hospital, older sister Gabriela Salgueiro was born on Dec. 31, 2013, at 11:52 p.m., weighing 6 pounds, 16 ounces.

On Jan. 1, 2014, at 12:00:38 a.m., younger twin Sophia Salgueiro was born, weighing 5 pounds, 13 ounces.

"They kind of got that golden ticket. They've got different birthdays," the twins' mother, Lindsay Salgueiro, told ABCNews.com. "They're going to be best friends for life."

"We really did celebrate New Year's Eve," Begazo said.

"Not a bad way to end the year and not a bad a way to start the year off," said Salgueiro.

Both the mothers and babies are healthy and looking forward to going home.

by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 6:09 AM
Replies (31-33):
babyspots17
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 3:02 PM

I know all that but the article I read said that they were due in 3wks but the doctors felt like there was something possibly wrong with the boys heart-rate or something.  Which is why I mentioned plus my first response got a few people telling me it was natural/vaginal so it wasn't planned and just a unique coincidence.  I was adding more info I found that according to that article they were infact born via c-section so unless a true emergency it was planned for the two different birthdays/years and wasn't as cool as if natural/vaginal birth. 

Quoting AtiFreeFalls:

A lot of doctors consider twins full term at 36 weeks and perform c-sections routinely for twin pregnancies at 37 weeks.  Twins do seem to have faster lung development than singletons, so even though they are born smaller, their lungs are stronger at an earlier gestation.  Isn't nature interesting?

Quoting babyspots17:

Well according to the one article I read the mom from Va had her twins via C-section it may have been an emergency situation since it did say they were 3wks early but it still seems like they did it on purpose.  Either way just the fact that they are healthy is great but like I said wouldn't be something I would do but then again I think trying to have babies on holidays is really stupid but to each their own. 

Quoting candlegal:

Don't think they did it on purpose.   Has to wait another whole year for a tax deduction on the one born in 2014.

Quoting babyspots17:

Personally I think it is silly to do that but not my kid so congrats to the moms.

AtiFreeFalls
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 3:21 PM

Sorry for the misunderstanding.  I wasn't trying to say that this wasn't an emergency cesarean, just that it is within the realm of possibility that it was planned.

Quoting babyspots17:

I know all that but the article I read said that they were due in 3wks but the doctors felt like there was something possibly wrong with the boys heart-rate or something.  Which is why I mentioned plus my first response got a few people telling me it was natural/vaginal so it wasn't planned and just a unique coincidence.  I was adding more info I found that according to that article they were infact born via c-section so unless a true emergency it was planned for the two different birthdays/years and wasn't as cool as if natural/vaginal birth. 

candlegal
by Judy on Jan. 2, 2014 at 5:27 PM

That is awesome.

Quoting yourspecialkid:

Quoting Sisteract:

Quoting yourspecialkid:

I went to school with twins born on Jan 31 and Feb 1...they were named January and February.

Stop it!

LOL!  They were identical and people would ask "what month are you" instead of which twin are you.  It was really funny.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)