Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Kentucky woman brutally pistol-whipped by husband says Facebook saved her life

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 4:15 AM
  • 79 Replies

***CAUTION***possible trigger. Graphic photo below.

By Scott Kaufman
Thursday, January 2, 2014 19:02 EST
facebook1

• Print Friendly and PDF
  • Email this page

A woman in Leslie County, Kentucky is crediting Facebook for saving her life.

Susann Stacy says her husband, Donnie Stacy, heard her on the phone in the bathroom and, when she exited it, confronted her about who she had been talking to. When she failed to answer his question, he brutally beat her with his handgun.

She claims that he then ripped out the phone line, leaving her with no way to call 911, as she had no cell reception in her house. She did, however, have WiFi access, so she took a picture of her bloody, beaten face and posted it on Facebook with the words, “Help please anyone.”

Many of her friends who saw the image called 911, and deputies arrived at the residence shortly thereafter.

Leslie County Sheriff’s Deputy Sam Mullins said that she had suffered “several lacerations to the head. They appeared to be bad but we really couldn’t tell at the time, due to her hair was matted to her, and the blood.”

Deputies located and arrested her husband, Donnie, and found the gun used in the attack near their son’s tire swing.

Watch the WKYT report on the incident below.

(you will have to click on the link if you wish to see the accompanying video, since cafeeeemoooom does not allow for certain video players to embed)

http://www.rawstory.com/...

by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 4:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LaughCryLive
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 4:23 AM
1 mom liked this

I read how more and more of these social media sites are helping people get in touch with police. I think it's a good thing.

As an aside, in case anyone doesn't know, cell phones without service can still call 911. I lent my phone to my mom over the weekend and had an old one on hand and had to call 911 to help my neighbor. 

csxt99
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 4:33 AM
1 mom liked this

My question is this.  How long before she drops the charges, or refuses to testify against him, because 'he never meant to hurt her and she loves him so much' and she goes right back to him?

LaughCryLive
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 4:34 AM

Yeah, this is all too common with domestic violence.

Quoting csxt99:

My question is this.  How long before she drops the charges, or refuses to testify against him, because 'he never meant to hurt her and she loves him so much' and she goes right back to him?

Alayna - Wife to Sanjay and mommy to Anjali

briellesmomma
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 4:35 AM
1 mom liked this
That's sad. :( glad she is ok.
pixie92
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 4:35 AM
1 mom liked this
What a man to begin with but then lets leave the gun by our kids toy. What a damn loser hope they have fun with him in jail.
Goodwoman614
by Satan on Jan. 3, 2014 at 4:36 AM
5 moms liked this

Let me say it is dismaying and disgusting, the victim blaming that I see posted here. Educate yourself on DV.

csxt99
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 4:40 AM

Yeah, over and over again.  It gets to the point where the phrase, "But I love him." makes you want to puke.

Quoting LaughCryLive:

Quoting csxt99:

Goodwoman614
by Satan on Jan. 3, 2014 at 4:41 AM
6 moms liked this

Quoting csxt99:

Yeah, over and over again.  It gets to the point where the phrase, "But I love him." makes you want to puke.

Quoting LaughCryLive:

Quoting csxt99:

Yeah bash victims. Nice.

csxt99
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 4:46 AM
1 mom liked this

If you aren't going to bother helping yourself, and care enough about yourself to get out of the situation, then why the hell should anyone else care about you?  You want to live like that?  Fine.  Live your life as a punching bag.  My sympathy is reserved for the kids who have no choice, not the worthless moms or dads who choose to stay in that life.

Quoting Goodwoman614:

Quoting csxt99:

Quoting LaughCryLive:

Quoting csxt99:

Yeah bash victims. Nice.

Goodwoman614
by Satan on Jan. 3, 2014 at 4:51 AM
4 moms liked this

Quoting csxt99:

If you aren't going to bother helping yourself, and care enough about yourself to get out of the situation, then why the hell should anyone else care about you?  You want to live like that?  Fine.  Live your life as a punching bag.  My sympathy is reserved for the kids who have no choice, not the worthless moms or dads who choose to stay in that life.

Quoting Goodwoman614:

Quoting csxt99:

Quoting LaughCryLive:

Quoting csxt99:

Yeah bash victims. Nice.

I don't have time right now to school the ignorant, but I will try to post some links and info at some point.

If any of you fine educated women see this post in the meantime, by all means...

additionally, I am kind of ill right now to 1. see that woman's beaten face, and 2. come on a forum by and for women, and then see the ignorant victim blaming.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)