Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

**Winter Storm Watch**

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 9:46 PM
  • 92 Replies
1 mom liked this

Yep... I was one of the crazies that went out and got my milk and bread..........

How about you?

Did you go out and buy "anything" special?

by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 9:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maciymommieof3
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 9:47 PM
1 mom liked this

maciymommieof3
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 9:48 PM
3 moms liked this

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Jan. 4, 2014 at 9:48 PM
1 mom liked this

That's hilarious!

maciymommieof3
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 9:49 PM
5 moms liked this

Firenygirl180
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 9:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol. We've had snow since October. So yes we did go to the store, but for normal groceries. Wemake our own bread and we don't need milk to survive
maciymommieof3
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 9:51 PM
3 moms liked this

sem1234
by Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 9:51 PM
At my Walmart, every lane but two was open and they all had lines with about six people waiting and it was insane! I wasn't trying to do storm shopping, I just wanted some fresh veggies!
HaYouFail
by Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 9:52 PM

im in louisville.  We are supposed to get rain, then some snow, then the temperatures are supposed to drop to -20 below with the windchill, so the ice will be ridiculous.  I currently have the flu and had to go to the grocery tonight to get groceries because Sunday is my usual grocery day anyway...Well, the Kroger I went to was INSANE.  They ran out of all fresh meat, the bread was picked through and it was shoulder to shoulder in there.

maciymommieof3
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this

my friend who works at WalMart in St. Louis said that people were fighting over a loaf of bread.... really- does snow make us turn on one another? LOL

Quoting sem1234: At my Walmart, every lane but two was open and they all had lines with about six people waiting and it was insane! I wasn't trying to do storm shopping, I just wanted some fresh veggies!

maciymommieof3
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 10:00 PM

well,,,I sure hope you feel better....  I had to wait for a parking spot at my Schnucks and they had no carts...... 

Quoting HaYouFail:

im in louisville.  We are supposed to get rain, then some snow, then the temperatures are supposed to drop to -20 below with the windchill, so the ice will be ridiculous.  I currently have the flu and had to go to the grocery tonight to get groceries because Sunday is my usual grocery day anyway...Well, the Kroger I went to was INSANE.  They ran out of all fresh meat, the bread was picked through and it was shoulder to shoulder in there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN