Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Jenny Mcarthy "A menace to public health"?

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 4:55 PM
  • 45 Replies
2 moms liked this
Sorry, just realized this was already posted.

JENNY MCCARTHY: MY BAD, TURNS OUT MY KID DOESN’T HAVE AUTISM

JENNY MCCARTHY AND SON

Holy crap!

This would be why you shouldn’t receive your medical advice from Playboy centerfolds. For YEARS, Jenny McCarthy has been the most vocal anti-vaccine spokesperson in the world. McCarthy had claimed (despite all evidence to the contrary) that childhood vaccines had caused her young son’s autism.

Now in a stunning article in Time magazine, it’s revealed that McCarthy’s son NEVER had autism in the first place. It turns out the boy had been misdiagnosed and really has a rare neurological disorder. Fortunately, the child is getting better and no longer displays any signs of autism. However, McCarthy has not apologized for her misdirected zealotry against having children vaccinated. Even if she did, APOLOGY NOT ACCEPTED.

How many thousands and thousands of children have developed childhood diseases because their idiot mothers saw Jenny McCarthy on Oprah or some other show and refused to get them vaccinated? We’ll never know. What IS known is the CDC literally called McCarthy “a menace to public health.”

http://graneyandthepig.wordpress.com/2010/02/27/jenny-mccarthy-my-bad-turns-out-my-kid-doesnt-have-autism/
by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 4:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SilverSterling
by MrsSilverusSnape on Jan. 5, 2014 at 4:58 PM
2 moms liked this

I knew this when she opened her mouth in the first place

Stephanie329
by Platinum Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 5:03 PM
1 mom liked this
She stirred up the pot quite nicely.

Quoting SilverSterling:

I knew this when she opened her mouth in the first place

Bonnie_
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 5:07 PM
3 moms liked this

This came across my FB  page

From our Fearless Leader, Jenny McCarthy's Twitter Account: "Stories circulating online, claiming that I said my son Evan may not have autism after all, are blatantly inaccurate and completely ridiculous. Evan was diagnosed with autism by the Autism Evaluation Clinic at the UCLA Neuropsychiatric Hospital and was confirmed by the State of California (through their Regional Center). The implication that I have changed my position, that my child was not initially diagnosed with autism (and instead may suffer from Landau-Kleffner Syndrome), is both irresponsible and inaccurate. These stories cite a "new" Time Magazine interview with me, which was actually published in 2010, that never contained any such statements by me. Continued misrepresentations, such as these, only serve to open wounds of the many families who are courageously dealing with this disorder. Please know that I am taking every legal measure necessary to set this straight. "

momtoscott
by Gold Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 5:20 PM
6 moms liked this

I hate Jenny McCarthy, but she is not a menace to public health.    

The real menace to public health is people who are not educated enough to make informed decisions.  

Stephanie329
by Platinum Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 5:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Interesting. Now I'm curious to know which one is true.

Quoting Bonnie_:

This came across my FB  page

From our Fearless Leader, Jenny McCarthy's Twitter Account:
"Stories circulating online, claiming that I said my son Evan may not have autism after all, are blatantly
inaccurate and completely ridiculous. Evan was diagnosed with autism by
the Autism Evaluation Clinic at the UCLA Neuropsychiatric Hospital and
was confirmed by the State of California (through their Regional
Center). The implication that I have changed my position, that my child
was not initially diagnosed with autism (and instead may suffer from
Landau-Kleffner Syndrome), is both irresponsible and inaccurate. These
stories cite a "new" Time Magazine interview with me, which was actually
published in 2010, that never contained any such statements by me.
Continued misrepresentations, such as these, only serve to open wounds
of the many families who are courageously dealing with this disorder.
Please know that I am taking every legal measure necessary to set this
straight. "

PinkButterfly66
by Silver Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 5:28 PM
1 mom liked this

The anti-vax movement is bigger than Jenny or Oprah.  

worwalkerlds
by Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 5:28 PM

Doctors over diagnosing Autism are the real menace!  Not every child that doesn't fit the "normal" mold is autistic.  She went by what her doctor said, plain and simple.  And it's the same for many moms on here.  "My child's on the spectrum".  "High functioning".  That's crap!

echoishername
by Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 5:33 PM
3 moms liked this
If the public is looking to Jenny McCarthy for medical advice, the general public has much bigger problems.
momtoscott
by Gold Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this

As the mom of a high-functioning kid on the spectrum, I would have to disgree with you.  My kid is well-mannered, on the honor roll, and a formidable musician and artist, but his brain does not work in the same way as your or mine.  (and his diagnosis is supported by two major teaching hospitals in a big city)  If you watched my kid for a few minutes interracting with other kids of the same age (he is a sophomore in high school), you would see the difference.  Doen't mean he isn't going to be a fully productive member of society, by the way.  

Quoting worwalkerlds:

Doctors over diagnosing Autism are the real menace!  Not every child that doesn't fit the "normal" mold is autistic.  She went by what her doctor said, plain and simple.  And it's the same for many moms on here.  "My child's on the spectrum".  "High functioning".  That's crap!

..MoonShine..
by Redwood Witch on Jan. 5, 2014 at 5:42 PM
Well stated. I completely agree.

Quoting momtoscott:

I hate Jenny McCarthy, but she is not a menace to public health.    

The real menace to public health is people who are not educated enough to make informed decisions.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured