Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Hillary

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 12:55 PM
  • 182 Replies

Will she run in 2016? No official announcement yet, but what's with the bumper stickers?
Thoughts on Hillary for 2016?

https://www.readyforhillary.com/petition/130514bsnd?ms=e.20140103.gws

Hillary Clinton insists she's still months away from deciding whether or not to run for president. But recent reports by Politico and Time magazine suggest the former secretary of state and first lady may be inching closer to a decision on 2016.

On Sunday, Politico published a report ("Hillary Clinton's shadow campaign") that described a meeting between Clinton and political consultants at her home early last summer for "a detailed presentation on preparing for a 2016 presidential campaign":

Three officials from the Democratic consulting firm Dewey Square Group — veteran field organizer Michael Whouley, firm founder Charlie Baker and strategist Jill Alper, whose expertise includes voter attitudes toward women candidates — delivered a dispassionate, numbers-driven assessment. They broke down filing deadlines in certain states, projected how much money Clinton would need to raise and described how field operations have become more sophisticated in the era of Barack Obama.

The meeting was organized by Minyon Moore, a longtime Clinton intimate also at Dewey Square who has informally become the potential candidate’s political eyes and ears of late. Clinton listened closely but said little and made no commitments, according to people familiar with the nearly hourlong gathering. It appears to have been the only formal 2016-related presentation Clinton has been given from anyone outside her immediate circle.

Nonetheless, "more than two dozen people in her orbit" told Politico that there is a "a virtual campaign in waiting" — one that includes both "Clinton loyalists" and former Obama campaign operatives.

Fueling further speculation was a report by Time magazine that Ready for Hillary, the super PAC encouraging her to make a second run at the White House, is renting the email list from her first. "Ready for Hillary rented the hillaryclinton.com email list to connect with her past supporters,” Seth Bringman, a spokesman for the super PAC, told the magazine.

As Time's Zeke Miller noted, it's not uncommon for past campaigns to rent out their email lists to other candidates — Barack Obama's campaign, for instance, rented out Clinton's 2008 list.

But it's an indication of how seriously she's considering a 2016 run. On Sunday, Time reports, the Ready for Hillary super PAC emailed the Clinton list offering free "I'm Ready for Hillary" bumper stickers. The return address: info@hillary.com.

That was apparently enough for Matt Drudge to declare that Hillary had made "her move." On Sunday, he tweeted a photo of the bumper sticker to his 240,000-plus followers.

MATT DRUDGEVerified account@DRUDGE 21h

Hillary makes the big move, two years to the day of Iowa 2016... Her biggest roadblock: HER HEALTH...

by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LiveinJoy
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 1:00 PM
3 moms liked this

I'm an independent voter. I have a conservative heart and a liberal brain. I usually vote dem. However, I would never vote for Hillary. Her campaign is embarrassing. I can't even watch her speak or be interviewed without wincing out of embarrassment.

VinVanMom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this
We would support her again!
mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 1:07 PM
2 moms liked this

It would depend on the other candidates in the field. I wouldn't blindly support her, if she were the only choice against one of the absolutely unsavory GOP candidates, I will vote for her.

12hellokitty
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 1:11 PM
5 moms liked this

Seriously what would Hillary run on?  She has no accomplishments other then staying married to Bill....

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 1:18 PM
10 moms liked this

Really no accomplishments, State Senator, Secretary of State are not accomplishments? Harvard educated lawyer is not an accomplishment?

Your group would do better by putting someone against her who is moderately sane instead of screaming that she isn't qualified. What next are you going to claim she is not a Natural Citizen. Before you spout anything about Bangahzi, every aspect of the Faux News manufactured outrage over the tragedy has been debunked by credible sources.

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Seriously what would Hillary run on?  She has no accomplishments other then staying married to Bill....

trippyhippy
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 1:25 PM
4 moms liked this
I like her and can see her becoming the next President but I will wait to see who she's running against for the democratic ticket before I go putting a bumper sticker on my car or anything. but I have a feeling she will be the nominee. One thing I know for sure is we won't make fools of ourselves like the Republicans last election and change our top nominees every other week embarrassingly. I've never seen so much bandwagon jumping in my life it made me dizzy..
12hellokitty
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Okay so what did Hillary accomplish as SS or SOS?  Ted Cruz is also a Harvard educated lawyer, glad you acknowledge his accomplishment....

EDIT: before you go off on a rant I'm not throwing my support to Cruz, just used him as an example.

Quoting mikiemom:

Really no accomplishments, State Senator, Secretary of State are not accomplishments? Harvard educated lawyer is not an accomplishment?

Your group would do better by putting someone against her who is moderately sane instead of screaming that she isn't qualified. What next are you going to claim she is not a Natural Citizen. Before you spout anything about Bangahzi, every aspect of the Faux News manufactured outrage over the tragedy has been debunked by credible sources.

Quoting 12hellokitty:

meriana
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 1:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Hillary is one person I'd NEVER vote for and I won't vote for any ticket with her on it.   If there isn't anyone I could, in good conscience vote for, opposing her, I simply won't vote.

VooDooB
by weird cheese on Jan. 6, 2014 at 1:46 PM
3 moms liked this

There's an ongoing trial about Bangazi. Is that made up by FOX news?

Quoting mikiemom:

Quoting 12hellokitty:

snookyfritz
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 2:01 PM
2 moms liked this

The political scene in this country is pitiful.  Why can't we be free of the Bush and Clinton families?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)