Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Flu Vaccines - Con

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:30 AM
  • 102 Replies

The following are excerpts from online sources about the flu vaccine. I've made some comments underneathe them in purple.

from Live Science

"Because flu strains circulating around the world are constantly changing, a new flu vaccine is made every year.

Scientists make the vaccine before flu season starts by predicting which flu strains are likely to be the most common during the upcoming season. "

http://www.livescience.com/

What the above is telling us is that scientists predict which strains the shots will cover. Even if you believe the shots are effective medicine, you can't be certain that the one you get will even protect you from the strain that's out there.

the above website is pro-vaccine

******************************************************************************************************

from National Vaccine Information Center
  • Two types of influenza vaccines are available in the U.S.: inactivated injectable influenza vaccine and live attenuated influenza vaccine, which is inhaled through the nose,Inactivated, injectable influenza vaccines packaged in multi-dose vials contain the mercury preservative thimerosal but inactivated influenza vaccines in single dose vials are thimerosal-free or contain trace amounts of the mercury preservative. The live attenuated nasal influenza vaccine does not contain thimerosal

http://www.nvic.org/

People say you can't get sick from the shot because it's not a live virus. But the nasal spray IS a live virus. Can you get sick from it?

The above also states that the vaccines have as an ingredient, a mercury derivative. I thought we got rid of all our mercury thermometers 12 years ago because those were too dangerous?

Btw, the above website is pro-vaccine

**********************************************************************************************

from Flu Vaccine Exposed

The Flu Vaccine Likely Does Not Prevent the Flu, nor Protect Against the Vast Majority of Flu-Related Deaths

The conventional treatment for bacterial pneumonia is an antibiotic, not a viral flu drug, so to think that taking a flu vaccine will prevent death from pneumonia doesn’t really make sense.

“But the vaccine will prevent the flu, which will prevent the possibility of developing pneumonia,” some might say.

That sounds good in theory, but the statistics simply do not support this assertion.

Because study after study, and master studies that compile the results from several studies to get a more objective result, keep coming to the same conclusion: Flu vaccines DO NOT WORK, and in many cases do more harm than good.

In fact, one shocking statistic brought to light in this video is that BEFORE the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) advocated vaccinating children under the age of five, the number of children dying from the flu was very low, and on the decline.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/09/26/flu-vaccine-exposed.aspx

The above of course, anti-vaccine. But written by an actual doctor.

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pixie92
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:26 AM
Nice information .
romalove
by Roma on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:03 AM
6 moms liked this

FYI, Dr. Mercola is a snake oil salesman.

I don't do flu vaccines for a variety of reasons, but I see "mercola" or "naturalnews" and I dismiss without even reading, because I have read before.....

nelopyma
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:35 AM

Most of that is not new information.  It's well-known that the flu vaccine is a prediction each year.  DH usually gets a flu shot because he's part-time military, and he got a different strain of the flu a few years ago, although he was vaccinated. 

And yes, the nasal mist vaccine can make you sick, or those around you with compromised immune systems.  The shot cannot, although you could get the flu before it's fully effective.  DH can't get the mist, because I have a compromised immune system.

LilliesValley
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:39 AM
1 mom liked this
We vaccinate but do not do the flu vaccine because ofthe first ppoint. It's a crap shoot and if they guess wrong then you're still screwed.
PPCLC
by Lisa on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:03 AM

Both my Dh and I got the flu shot this year because we both have compromised immune systems. I also received the pneumonia shot.

So far, so good, and neither of us have been sick. Will it remain this way? No way of knowing or guaranteeing.

lga1965
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:11 AM

Mercola.....psstttt, he's a quack. He sells his own health stuff and doesn't want you to get actual medically approved and researched medications or vaccines. Too bad.

I trust my Doctors/GP's/Pediatricians. I have been trusting them for over 50 years and haven't yet been disappointed . ( Mercola is an Osteopathic physician....look that up)

And I am sure you will disagree....LOL.

LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:17 AM
1 mom liked this
I trust my doctor. If I did not, she would not be my doctor. So yeah, if she says "yes, it is worth it" and some quack doc on the interwebz says "nope, it is not worth it", you get three guesses who I will believe ... and the first two do not count.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:20 AM
To each her own.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jllcali
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this
This is all old news.

Thimerosal has been used in vaccines since the 1930's, and has been taking out of most vaccines for those under 6 (exception being the flu vaccine) for over a decade, yet we have not seen a corresponding decline in new cases of autism.
Della529
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:58 AM
2 moms liked this

This

*Cowgirl up!

Quoting romalove:

FYI, Dr. Mercola is a snake oil salesman.

I don't do flu vaccines for a variety of reasons, but I see "mercola" or "naturalnews" and I dismiss without even reading, because I have read before.....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)