Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom petitions M&M to change food coloring dyes

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:16 AM
  • 82 Replies

http://www.thv11.com/news/health/293571/126/Mom-petitions-MM-to-change-food-coloring-dyes 

My debate:  If M&M's makes your kids hyper, give them a snickers instead or cut out chocolate all together!

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
romalove
by Roma on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:17 AM
5 moms liked this

You mean you don't think someone should demand that a major food company change their formulation because of your own child's issues?

:-)

Bookwormy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:22 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't see anything wrong with asking & petitioning. & i don't see anything wrong with Mars saying no.

I think it it's odd to go all natural but want to feed your kid m&ms. Seems counterintuitive to me. ;-)
quickbooksworm
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm little alarmed by the dyes being petroleum based and a "healthier" option would be nice. Not sure by we can't go with hat instead of one child being hyper.
SnapIt
by Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:26 AM
Just dont buy them!!!

Geeze
Amazing how people think they should change a freakin M&M

Dont buy them
Dont eat them
VooDooB
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:28 AM
2 moms liked this

It's amazing how people can't seem to grasp this simple concept.

Quoting SnapIt: Just dont buy them!!!

Geeze

Dont buy them
Dont eat them

MethuenMom
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:29 AM
2 moms liked this

LOL...I wish!  My son has a skin allergy to latex foam rubber and that crap is EVERYWHERE!  From his golf clubs handles to nerf balls and even mattress covers.  I'd be petitioning the world.  I'd rather protect than petition. 

Quoting romalove:

You mean you don't think someone should demand that a major food company change their formulation because of your own child's issues?

:-)

lovemymini
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:29 AM
Lol. M&M's are supposed to be a treat, not a staple.

If they make your kids hyper don't give it to them. Their are tons of different options.
vermontmoms
by Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:36 AM
13 moms liked this
It is amazing to me that people in the US would rather be filled with dyes and preservatives when these same companies make and sell healthier options in Europe where all dyes have been banned. We need to wake up as a society and stop being blinded by big business BS and the FDA.

Food dyes have been linked to cancers, hyperactivity, etc. Why do the people in the US think this is ok to be poisoned by our foods. I applaud this lady and have already signed the petition. My kids don't eat M&Ms or any candy from these companies currently b/c of the crap in them. We eat sunspire sun drops instead.

Geeze

Dont buy them
Dont eat them
lga1965
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Don't buy them.
Don't eat them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SnapIt
by Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:42 AM
2 moms liked this
Its a choice to buy them
Its a choice to eat them
If something isnt good for you stay away from it

Some people like them and dont mind
Weve been eating those lil things for years
How many people have actually died by eating M&Ms?
You would have to eat bags loads every day every hr

Dont buy them
Dont eat them

Quoting vermontmoms: It is amazing to me that people in the US would rather be filled with dyes and preservatives when these same companies make and sell healthier options in Europe where all dyes have been banned. We need to wake up as a society and stop being blinded by big business BS and the FDA.

Food dyes have been linked to cancers, hyperactivity, etc. Why do the people in the US think this is ok to be poisoned by our foods. I applaud this lady and have already signed the petition. My kids don't eat M&Ms or any candy from these companies currently b/c of the crap in them. We eat sunspire sun drops instead.

Geeze

Dont buy them

Dont eat them
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)