Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pregnant n in limbo coz of scans

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:03 AM
  • 8 Replies

Hi. If anyone has experienced something similar to me and would like to reply I would really appreciate the support. I went for early scan at six n a half wks n was told there was a sac but no baby n that it must of stopped developing. I went back a an later to c if the sac had come away but she saw a baby of 6.5 wks so 1am behind. She said she was confused n to come back a week later to c if they could detect a heartbeat. They also said the sac had grown since the first scan. I had early scan coz ivf baby. Thanks

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
AtiFreeFalls
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Both of my kids looked small for gestational age when I was pregnant.  I've heard many stories of seeing a sac but no baby and then seeing a baby at the next scan.  Sending baby dust!

AlekD
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't have much expertise in this area but I will pray for you and your baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luvnlogic
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Never had that happen but I hope it all turns out well for you!! We used IVF and AI with our first so I know how much time, effort, and emotion goes in to ttc. Try to stay rested and as calm as possible...sending positive vibes your way!
beccahallsworth
by New Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:58 AM

Thanks for it comments. The waiting is the worst part. I accepted that there was no baby at first an  now if  got a bit of hope but tryin  not to get my hopes up so much just in case. It will feel like I've got to go through the grief again if it doesn't work out. I pray everyday. It's nice to know people who do t even know me are praying  too. Xx

babyspots17
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Who was confused was it just a tech or was it the actual doctor?  I have heard of that happening many times since joining this site and also have had my doctor say it is not unusual to not see a baby early on.  It is often times why now a lot of doctors don't have the first appointments or ultra sounds until 10wks because it can cause unnecessary concerns when there is no need for one. 

beccahallsworth
by New Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:45 AM

It was the tech n a nurse who were there. They didn't expect to c it the week after. Thanks for it comment. It gives me hope that it might be ok. Really wish I didn't have early scan then at least my head wouldn't be so messed up. Xx

mickstinator
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:54 AM

i was under the impression that it is incredibly difficult to detect a heartbeat until closer to 10 weeks. i have a hard time believe anything is definite so early on. a 6 week fetus is just too tiny.

beccahallsworth
by New Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:02 PM

The woman who did the scan was sure it was not there the first time n then she was so surprised when she saw a baby n she said she didn't want to do anything until I've had another scan to c if its grown n there's a heartbeat. I will be 8 n a half weeks on Friday when I have the scan. I still won't do anything if there's no heartbeat. I have asked for a doctor's opinion so hopefully there will be one there when I have the scan. Thanks for the reply I feel better. Only one more day to get through. Xx

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)