Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

St. Louis man says radiation found in snow double normal amount

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:54 PM
  • 9 Replies

KMOV) – A south St. Louis man who has been measuring radioactivity levels for years says levels jump substantially when it snows in the area.

Michael Janitch, who goes by the online name DutchSince, posted a YouTube video of him taking Geiger readings. He says the results show double the amount of normal radiation levels in a recent snowstorm in St. Louis.

The meter measures the number of decaying radioactive atoms per minute. Measured in counts per minute, Janitch wrote his meter measure 30CPM “in the same spot on a nice day with no precipitation.”

Janitch says that’s a normal amount because radiation is found in topsoil everywhere.

“The radiation return from the snow precipitation is returning DOUBLE the normal background amounts,” he said on a Jan. 2 YouTube video documenting the readings, which showed 59.4CPM.

Janitch also posted a video after taking reading on Dec. 14. He conducted two tests using the Geiger meter and discovered radioactivity levels between 74.2CPM and 81.4CPM.

“You know, getting these high of readings, 80 is really high, it really is, which means there is something in the snow that’s causing a radioactive return,” he says on the video.

According to Paul Joseph Watson of Infowars.com, Janitch’s findings have raised concerns the 2011 Fukushima Daiichi reactors meltdown in Japan is impacting areas of the country.

“Whether such readings are linked to the ongoing Fukushima crisis is unknown, but the fact that officials in Japan have been duplicitous in downplaying the true scale of radiation releases at almost every turn has understandably fanned the flames of suspicion,” Watson recently wrote.

News 4 is talking to officials to determine if there are any real dangers with the snow.

link to video  V  V

http://www.kmov.com/news/local/St-Louis-man-radiation-snow-239088901.html

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
lga1965
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:12 PM
Wow, another radiation post. You're a real Debbie Downer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bonnie_
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 12:32 AM

Quoting lga1965: Wow, another radiation post. You're a real Debbie Downer.

Well... you  could  go check out  one of the FUN groups  which  may be more to your liking  or start  your own  if you  don't like the posts in this one,.

Elkamelka
by KayGee on Jan. 9, 2014 at 1:19 AM

We have several landfills and waste dumps in our area in St. Louis. I wonder if this has any bearing on his findings.

MSJAP2010
by Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 8:04 PM
Knowing that it comes from St Louis, probably. I usually watch fox 2 but haven't lately. I think it also depends on what part of the lou they are talking about. I live in St Charles lol

Quoting Elkamelka:

We have several landfills and waste dumps in our area in St. Louis. I wonder if this has any bearing on his findings.

UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Got it. Aviod yellow snow AND fluorescent green snow.
Elkamelka
by KayGee on Jan. 9, 2014 at 9:47 PM

I am centrally located between the Bridgeton debacle and the Maryland Heights dump.,,they are ,toxic and disgusting and not being managed at all.

Quoting MSJAP2010: Knowing that it comes from St Louis, probably. I usually watch fox 2 but haven't lately. I think it also depends on what part of the lou they are talking about. I live in St Charles lol

Quoting Elkamelka:

“Life they say, can turn on a dime. And in a world that constantly shifts beneath our feet, the only thing we can know for certain is how we feel, the love we have, the fear we hide from, the pain we push away. Give it a voice, and the rewards are piece of mind and a peaceful heart.”
MSJAP2010
by Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 7:35 AM
Oh that sucks. Thankfully being in St Charles we don't smell any of it.

Quoting Elkamelka:

I am centrally located between the Bridgeton debacle and the Maryland Heights dump.,,they are ,toxic and disgusting and not being managed at all.

Quoting MSJAP2010: Knowing that it comes from St Louis, probably. I usually watch fox 2 but haven't lately. I think it also depends on what part of the lou they are talking about. I live in St Charles lol

Quoting Elkamelka:

VioletsMomTown
by Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 8:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Dutchsinse is great, I like his videos. As far as the radiation...I must admit I give up. Short of living in an underground bunker or moving to South America, I'm not sure there is any way to avoid it. I came to the conclusion a couple of years ago that what will be will be. I think its probably much worse than most people realize.

Elkamelka
by KayGee on Jan. 10, 2014 at 2:22 PM

As soon as you drive over the bridge into St. Louis, it smells.  My friend has been working with Bridgeton to shut down or at least contain the landfill.  It's toxic.

Quoting MSJAP2010: Oh that sucks. Thankfully being in St Charles we don't smell any of it.

Quoting Elkamelka:

Quoting Elkamelka:

“Life they say, can turn on a dime. And in a world that constantly shifts beneath our feet, the only thing we can know for certain is how we feel, the love we have, the fear we hide from, the pain we push away. Give it a voice, and the rewards are piece of mind and a peaceful heart.”
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)