Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Georgia GOPer Attacking Free School Lunch Expensed $4,200 In Meals

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2014 at 9:17 AM
  • 33 Replies

Georgia GOPer Attacking Free School Lunch Expensed $4,200 In Meals

Kingston-senate
AP Photo / Steve Bisson

by on Jan. 11, 2014 at 9:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 10:13 AM
4 moms liked this
Oh these guys never see any comparison. He will say he was working and therefore that is part of his pay. From experience I think a lot of reps extend "part of their pay" to mean "free everything from anywhere they can get it."
See they are more worthy of free lunch (and no way will it be cafeteria style. ) because he is important. Those kids would be congressional reps too if they weren't so lazy. Get sweeping kids!
AdrianneHill
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this
That's different. He's a job creator so people owe him that money
mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 12:04 PM
2 moms liked this

Oh but he deserves that didn't you know. These people disgust me. I hope is constituents vote him out of office.

Healthystart30
by Silver Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Kids are working at school! Class-work, home-work.... This guy is so ridiculous! He wants to divide the kids that have nothing from the kids that have, let's just change our country into cast system already. That should make many republicans happy.
They could go ahead and cut all welfare and built slums somewhere in the middle of nowhere.
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Jan. 12, 2014 at 12:08 PM
2 moms liked this
Rules and regs only apply to peons. Kids don't vote, you an offend them all day long, without any risk.
PinkButterfly66
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Yup, sounds like a republican to me.   I hope he suits up in a janitor's uniform and cleans the toilets in congress to pay back the American people the $4 grand.  But I know he won't.

LiveinJoy
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 4:25 PM
Love this!
LadyBugMom09
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 4:31 PM
7 moms liked this
I'm a conservative, and I'm not a fan of all the PA that is around right now....BUT....leave the kids alone. They need to eat and it's not their fault their parents can't provide it...for whatever reason they can't.

Focus on making public education better so these kids won't make the same mistakes.
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Jan. 12, 2014 at 5:25 PM
2 moms liked this

Zero in on the children. 

Punish them for circumstances that are out of their control.  

Teach them a lesson and maybe their parents will learn that lesson as well.  Does not matter if they eat, damn it.  Keep that money in those pockets and continue to get those tax breaks for all that fancy food.

This is appalling.  Yet, not surprising.

mm_mom515
by Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 5:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree, also the young kids don't know they're getting free lunch. At least the schools here, you put money towards lunch for them. I believe it's called a credit system. So the children just get their lunch like every other child, never knowing it's free to them.

This guy is an idiot, having kids clean for lunch is a labor violation. They're to young to work and can be hurt doing so. That said my kids have to clean up after themselves after they finish eating. They have to throw out their food and wipe their area. I think that shows them responsibility without it being to much for them. Also every kid has to do it, the ones that bring lunch from home, the ones that pay and the ones that get it free.

Quoting Healthystart30: Kids are working at school! Class-work, home-work.... This guy is so ridiculous! He wants to divide the kids that have nothing from the kids that have, let's just change our country into cast system already. That should make many republicans happy.

They could go ahead and cut all welfare and built slums somewhere in the middle of nowhere.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)