Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Why does Google think every symptom is cancer??

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 11:28 PM
  • 27 Replies

Lol! I swear, I have to stop Googling things.

My little boy was in the hospital, and they still don't know what was wrong. I have NEVER seen a human being in such excruciating pain. Both his daddy and I were in tears, and shot after shot of morphine didn't help him. Although, they found a completely unrelated issue that has me scratching my head. We will hopefully get more answers on that tomorrow after his U/S. *sigh* I think I have grey hairs, now.

by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 11:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NWP
by guerrilla girl on Jan. 12, 2014 at 11:37 PM

I know! I am having a sharp, stabbing pain in my left breast today and think it might be a perimenopausal symptom....Every site I pull up says its 95% NOT cancer! OK...then WTF IS it?

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 3:26 PM
Probably the same reason as so many meds advertised on tv may cause anal leakage.
Sorry about your child.....that's frustrating and scary.
LaughCryLive
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 3:30 PM

Because pharmaceutical companies pay big bucks.

I took a test on WebMD about depression. No matter what answer I chose it told me I could be depressed and I should see my doctor.

LadyBugMom09
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 3:33 PM
1 mom liked this
"I have a skin rash" Google search: "It coud be poison ivy.......or CANCER." O.o
PinkButterfly66
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 3:34 PM

What are his symptoms?  Was he sick before this?

UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 3:41 PM

Because cancer can come in so many forms.

I'm sorry about your little buddy. Is he feeling any better yet?

Jack_Squat
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 8:56 PM
Severe abdominal pain was basically it, then a low grade fever for a while, later. They did a CT scan, which showed what they thought was an undescended testicle, and unrelated. They admitted him and let him out the next afternoon. After seeing his Dr. today, he thinks it's a hernia, which would actually explain all his symptoms, and is often mistaken for an undescended testicle.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

What are his symptoms?  Was he sick before this?

Jack_Squat
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 8:58 PM
He's doing a lot better. Hopefully his U/S tomorrow will confirm what his dr. thinks is a hernia. If it's not, then idk what the hell showed up in the CT scan.

Quoting UpSheRises:

UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:01 PM
Ugh...I have a hernia too. I am seeing the doctor on thursday. It doesnt usually hurt that bad but sometimes I think a baby alien is going to pop out of my belly.

Quoting Jack_Squat: He's doing a lot better. Hopefully his U/S tomorrow will confirm what his dr. thinks is a hernia. If it's not, then idk what the hell showed up in the CT scan.

Quoting UpSheRises:

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:01 PM

Quoting NWP:

I know! I am having a sharp, stabbing pain in my left breast today and think it might be a perimenopausal symptom....Every site I pull up says its 95% NOT cancer! OK...then WTF IS it?

a pain in your left breast?  ...ok not helpful sorry LOL

I have pains in my boobs all the time....maybe its a muscle that has never been used before and now its found a way to get back at me LMAO

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN