Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Motorist shot dead in Pennsylvania road-rage incident while on phone with 911

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:03 AM
  • 49 Replies

Motorist shot dead in Pennsylvania road-rage incident while on phone with 911

By Scott Kaufman
Sunday, January 12, 2014 11:16 EST
davison

• Print Friendly and PDF
  • Email this page

Authorities in Pennsylvania are investigating a road rage incident that turned deadly.

According to police, there is no indication that Timothy Davison initiated the encounter that ended his life. They claim that the gunman pursued Davison down Interstate 70 for 13 to 15 miles before forcing him off the road and shooting into the cabin of his SUV.

At a press conference covered by CNN, Pennsylvania State Police Captain Steven Junkin told reporters that his department is “concerned” that “it’ll happen again.”

“We obviously have an individual out there who was so incensed that he continued to pursue Mr. Davison and took it to that next step. He murdered an individual for whatever slight that he perceived. Will this person do it again? We don’t know. We don’t want to take that chance.”

Junkin also indicated that Davison was communicating with emergency dispatchers while being chased down by the driver of a “dark colored Ford Ranger XLT pickup.”

Police have not released the tapes of the conversation to the public, but did share them with Davison’s father, Timothy Davison, Sr., who expressed hope that his son’s murderer would be found, so he could meet him.

When asked why he would want to do so, he only said, “[t]hat’s for me.”

by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AdrianneHill
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:37 AM
2 moms liked this
How long until someone insists that if the victim had been armed too none of this would have happened? Don't know how true that is. They might have just shot at each other, missed and hit other drivers.
I hope the dad shoots that guy in both kneecaps. Live with that and think of me whenever the cold wind blows from the north.
Goodwoman614
by Satan on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:54 AM

Authorities - including the FBI - are still looking for this person.

Has anybody had a disturbing roadrage incident? One where you feared for your life? I have.

Farmlady09
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 3:55 AM
3 moms liked this

That stretch of road is notorious for road rage incidents. One that was well publicized a few years ago involved a trucker stalking a driver for almost 30 miles. That also ended up with a fatality ... and it wasn't the trucker.

What difference does it make whether a person uses a truck or a gun? If they intend to harm someone else, they will. On the highway, EVERYone is armed ... with a ton of metal.

This isn't about a gun, it's about a mentally unstable individual who used a gun instead of any other weapon.

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Jan. 13, 2014 at 6:03 AM
3 moms liked this

Exactly what I was thinking. What sane and stable person chases a person down and kills them over a case of road rage?

Quoting Farmlady09:

That stretch of road is notorious for road rage incidents. One that was well publicized a few years ago involved a trucker stalking a driver for almost 30 miles. That also ended up with a fatality ... and it wasn't the trucker.

What difference does it make whether a person uses a truck or a gun? If they intend to harm someone else, they will. On the highway, EVERYone is armed ... with a ton of metal.

This isn't about a gun, it's about a mentally unstable individual who used a gun instead of any other weapon.

Sexy If its unladylike, fattening or fun, I'm in!

nelopyma
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 7:03 AM
1 mom liked this

I've driven that stretch several times.  Quite a few aggressive drivers, and it's one of the worst stretches of interstate I've seen.  It's a bad combination.

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 7:12 AM
I read this last night , that is horrible.

If they don't find this man I am inclined to think he would do it again also. If this was a road rage incident and not a targeted murder.

I read they were thinking its a possible road rage serial killer , I think that's a bit premature
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
toriandgrace
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 7:19 AM
When out to dinner with my in laws, their car was shot up because my father in law "took the parking spot" from the man (so he had to park in the spot directly next to it). Fortunately, they had dropped us off at the doors to the restaurant and my husband and father in law weren't hurt.
billsfan1104
by Jules on Jan. 13, 2014 at 7:52 AM

Mobile Photo

GLWerth
by Gina on Jan. 13, 2014 at 8:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Ah, so you are one of those people who believe that no one should have to register guns, have background checks or any regulations. Good to know.

And nice Hitler reference, it really is the mark of someone without an actual argument.

Quoting billsfan1104:

Mobile Photo

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 8:43 AM

It wasn't a road rage incident.  It was a serial murder.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN