Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Little League Coach Sue's 14yr old for an Accident

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:24 PM
  • 9 Replies

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/coach-suing-14-old-over-little-league-baseball-204100538.html

Just curious what you all think about this story.

by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
fire86
by Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:25 PM

Can someone make the link cliackable for me.

fire86
by Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:06 PM

bump

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:35 PM

clicky

here ya go

fire86
by Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:39 PM

Thank you

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:41 PM

trying to figure out what sort of public liability insurance the sport carries?

Here all sports have included in their fees public liability....it covers ALL injuries sustained on the field and during games for everyone, spectators, players and employees (both volunteers and paid) of that sport.

Im going with this sport doesnt or doesnt cover certain people.  If this is the case...then who else is liable for him ending up in a wheelchair.  Im thinking that maybe he needs to bring to the attention of the health insurance who was responsible for the accident in order to get treatment.

dont know if Im making sense. 

yourspecialkid
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:50 PM

That is outrageous.  He is an adult and as an adult should have health and disability insurance to cover the accidents in life.

jehosoba84
by Jenn on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:51 PM

I think it's crap that the people defending the kids' actions are saying the words "The kids do it all the time." ---Referring to throwing equipment.

Who cares if they do it all the time? It doesn't mean it's right. If I remember correctly when I was playing ball, we were not allowed to take off our helmets while on the field. (offense, of course)

This kid threw his helmet while he was making the run. Not a 6 or 7 year old, either. 14 years old. Old enough to know better than to throw equipment, and even if he didn't know better, He definately should have bothered to LOOK where he was throwing it.   Oh, wait, he was still running the bases. Of course he couldn't look to where he was throwing. 

fire86
by Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 12:21 AM

I have no clue about any of the inner workings of sports as i'm not involved in them I watch some on tv but thats it. I just came across this article and thought i'd post here to see what everyone here thought about it.

motha2daDuchess
by Bruja on Jan. 17, 2014 at 1:58 AM

There is threat of flying objects at all time on the field and surrounding...ever been to a MLB park? there are signs warning watch out for flying objects bats and balls...it is the risk you take

Quoting jehosoba84:

I think it's crap that the people defending the kids' actions are saying the words "The kids do it all the time." ---Referring to throwing equipment.

Who cares if they do it all the time? It doesn't mean it's right. If I remember correctly when I was playing ball, we were not allowed to take off our helmets while on the field. (offense, of course)

This kid threw his helmet while he was making the run. Not a 6 or 7 year old, either. 14 years old. Old enough to know better than to throw equipment, and even if he didn't know better, He definately should have bothered to LOOK where he was throwing it.   Oh, wait, he was still running the bases. Of course he couldn't look to where he was throwing. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)