Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Limbaugh Bashes The Boss for Mocking Springsteen Fanboy Christie

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 3:25 AM
  • 73 Replies

Thu Jan 16, 2014 at 01:47 PM PST

by ProgLegsFollow

Yesterday right wing talk show host Rush Limbaugh tore into legendary New Jersey rocker Bruce Springsteen for his Monday night performance on "Late Night With Jimmy Fallon."

It turns out New Jersey Governor Chris Christie spends weekends at Drumthwacket clad in nothing but a sleeveless jeans jacket and red bandanna, singing "Born in the USA" into a hair brush.

Or, that is, he used to.

First, an encore of Monday's song:

Limbaugh characterized Springsteen as a "low rent character" and called him "mean, small, petty" for the song.  

Limbaugh was especially miffed that the Boss would treat Chris Christie this way in view of the fact that the NJ governor has attended "over 127 Springsteen concerts" and was so thrilled to meet Springsteen last year in the wake of Hurricane Sandy that he cried:

RUSH:  Okay, now, fine.  It's a big deal to meet Springsteen.  Springsteen hugged Christie, and Christie was so moved he started crying, biggest days in his life, how important. "Man, we're all coming together after Hurricane Sandy. Ah, this is orgasmic. We're coming together. Whoa, oh, man. We're gonna really gonna rock.  I got Springsteen; I got Obama!" and now look.  You got Springsteen on NBC making fun of Christie.

(interruption) Well, obviously, that's my point. These people on the left are mean, small, petty.  This is the biggest thing, Christie admitted. It was one of the biggest things in his life to meet Springsteen in the aftermath of this hurricane. He thought it meant they were all working together with Obama, and now look.  Now look at what they do to him, and what I don't understand is: Why they don't get this?  That's what I don't understand.  I'm sorry.

[...]

RUSH:  There's no question that's painful. The nerve of Springsteen! Governor Christie has attended over 127 Springsteen concerts. Governor Christie loves this guy. It's 127 different concerts he's attended, and he's mocked, he's made fun of. He can't be a real fan because he's a Republican. You can only be a real fan and friend to somebody like Springsteen if you're a Democrat, and even then for only as long as they can use you.  But if you are a Republican?

You are only a friend of a Democrat for as long as they can use you, and why this isn't seen by people is beyond me.  I think Springsteen has to know, because Christie was public with it.  Christie... In fact, not only did Christie have no compunction telling people this, he was proud to tell people that he talked to Springsteen! He cried because he had the chance to talk to Springsteen.  Now, think about that however you wish, but the fact is, it was a big deal to Christie.

attribution: None Specified
The below transcript of Fallon/Springsteen's song was created by Kossack hungrycoyote:

Jimmy Fallon (walks out on stage strumming guitar):

All Right.

In the day we sweat it out on the streets, stuck in traffic on the GWB.

They shut down the tollbooths of glory 'cause we didn't endorse Christie.

Sprung from cages on Highway 9, we got three lanes closed, so Jersey get your ass in line.

Whoa, maybe this Bridge-Gate was just payback. It's a bitch slap to the state Democrats.

We got to get out but we can’t.

We’re stuck in Governor Chris Christie’s Fort Lee New Jersey Traffic Jam.

Yeah! Hey, Yeah! Yeah!

The real Bruce Springsteen joins Fallon on stage.

Jimmy Fallon: I can’t hear you. Hey.

Fallon sees Springsteen; gives him a nod.

Bruce Springsteen:

Governor, let me in. I want to be your friend; there’ll be no partisan divisions.

Let me wrap may legs ‘round your mighty rims and relieve your stressful condition.

You got Wall Street masters stuck cheek-to-cheek with blue collar truckers, and man, I really got to take a leak.

But I can't. I'm stuck in Governor Chris Christie's Fort Lee New Jersey Traffic Jam.

Guitar riff by Springsteen & Fallon.

Springsteen & Fallon: One, two, three, four …

Jimmy Fallon: Highway’s jammed with pissed off drivers with no place left to go.

And the press conference went on and on.

Bruce Springsteen: It was longer than one of my own damn shows.

Jimmy Fallon: Someday, Governor, I don't know when, this will all end, but till then

Springsteen & Fallon: You're killing the working man who's stuck in the Governor Chris Christie Fort Lee New Jersey Traffic Jam.

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa.

Bruce Springsteen: I gotta take a leak.

Jimmy Fallon: Whoa, oh oh oh

Bruce Springsteen: I really gotta take a leak.

Jimmy Fallon: Whoa, oh oh oh

Springsteen & Fallon: Down in Jerseyland.

Decent folks who believe in tolerance and equality are no longer powerless against Rush Limbaugh's efforts to spread intolerance on the radio.  StopRush is making a major impact by convincing advertisers on this show to withdraw their ads--and with your help we can do even more.  Just a few emails, tweets, or Facebook messages a week to Limbaugh's advertisers can go a long way toward making hatred less profitable.  It is our collective voice that makes us strong.  

Want to do something hold Limbaugh accountable?  
Join StopRush!  We can use your help in the following ways:

Join:  The Flush Rush Facebook community
Visit:  The StopRush sponsor database
Tweet:  #stoprush Twitter campaign
Fact Check:  Limbaugh Lie Debunking Site
Install: ThinkContext StopRush browser extension--notifies you as you browse which companies advertise on Rush

by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 3:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Goodwoman614
by Satan on Jan. 17, 2014 at 3:29 AM
3 moms liked this

Ahahahahahahahaha,

hahahahaha!

He's toast.

And now Big L's allllll buttttthurt about some brilliant lampooning by Jimmy F and the Boss!

ROFLMAO!

EPIC butthurt.*

*like the con kind we see on display 'round heah.

billsfan1104
by Jules on Jan. 17, 2014 at 7:11 AM
5 moms liked this
How tolerant of the left to try to stop the free speech of a radio host.
coolmommy2x
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 7:17 AM
4 moms liked this
Jimmy Fallon is hilarious! If Christie were a Democrat, I have a feeling Rush would singing a different tune.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JustCJ
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 8:08 AM
2 moms liked this
Speaking of toast...what do you think ole Hillary's odds are now, in light of all the Benghazi shit?
stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 8:34 AM
2 moms liked this
I skimmed but did christie even say anything about this? He's a politician. Don't tell me that mild ribbing is tbe worst he's ever heard. Limbaugh is being uncharacteristically sensitive here. The crap he says about people (politicians or not) is way more vile than a "mean" song which barely comes off as impolite, and furthermore is a joke (isn't that one of rush's big excuses? He is an entertainer?)

Why do I picture christie rolling his eyes and moving on and rush pictures him tearful?
stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 8:35 AM
2 moms liked this
Isn't this thread about christie?

Quoting JustCJ: Speaking of toast...what do you think ole Hillary's odds are now, in light of all the Benghazi shit?
JustCJ
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Jeeeez you couldn't even let the OP deflect?

Tell me something, why the big toodoo about chubs having (may or may not) shut down a frigging traffic lane, on a damn bridge, but not Hillary's roll in the deaths of four Americans?

Quoting stacymomof2: Isn't this thread about christie?

Quoting JustCJ: Speaking of toast...what do you think ole Hillary's odds are now, in light of all the Benghazi shit?

Seasidegirl
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 9:27 AM
4 moms liked this

Seasidegirl
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Poor drug addled Rush. Freaking hilarious.

GLWerth
by Gina on Jan. 17, 2014 at 9:35 AM
9 moms liked this

So, Springsteen's song was too much, yet he played "Obama the Magic Negro" for a really, really long time and his supporters said "It's just a funny song, geez, get a sense of humor".

We were also supposed to think it was 'funny' when he called a then-twelve year old girl "the White House dog".

I don't think he's really the best judge of what is funny.

Ah, Mr. Limbaugh with his double standard...then again, he probably doesn't remember what he did yesterday in his drug addled state.

Quoting Seasidegirl:

Poor drug addled Rush. Freaking hilarious.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)