Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Republican Senate candidate is pro-machine-guns in schools

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 2:47 AM
  • 44 Replies
1 mom liked this

by HunterFollow

attribution: ATF
This is why America can't have nice things. Like, say, children who are alive.
[Radio host Alan Colmes]: So [teachers] shouldn’t have machine guns?

[South Carolina Senate candidate Lee Bright]: I would think a teacher protecting a school grounds should be able to carry whatever she can carry legally.

COLMES: So should machine guns be legal to carry?

BRIGHT: The Second Amendment is pretty clear. It says the right to carry arms should not be infringed. [...]

COLMES: So you should be able to have any gun you want?

BRIGHT: Well, I don’t see how the government can regulate it.

South Carolina state Sen. Lee Bright, a RepublicanOfCourse, is mounting a primary challenge to insufficiently conservative Sen. Lindsey Graham. He wants high schoolers to learn how to use guns in school, and doesn't think the damn gubbermint has a right to tell you whether or not you can bring your own personal grenade launcher or futuristic death robot to school if you feel like that sort of thing. You know, Freedom.

We are a very odd country. Perhaps this new obsession with guns is our way of reliving the Cold War, back when the only possible defense was an existentially punishing offense; a certain segment of society now applies the same rhetoric, and the same logic, to their battles against crime, their battles against the gubbermint, even their battles against the local library system or theater or elementary school.

When it comes to the Second Amendment, a wide swath of America really does consider it to be a suicide pact.

Originally posted to Hunter on Mon Jan 20, 2014 at 01:49 PM PST.

by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 2:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Goodwoman614
by Satan on Jan. 21, 2014 at 2:47 AM

Lolol @ "insufficiently conservative" Lindsey Graham.

AdrianneHill
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 3:05 AM
1 mom liked this
We have been setting for elected officials a hell of a bar with Jim "you lie!" DeMint and Mark "but she's my soul mate" Sanford. Theres no way Graham can keep up. He keeps on having painful bouts of logic and pragmatism that show him capable of effective leadership and an inability to maintain the necessary rabid and unthinking dogmatism required in today's conservative political arena.

Quoting Goodwoman614:

Goodwoman614
by Satan on Jan. 21, 2014 at 3:10 AM

Quoting AdrianneHill: We have been setting for official a hell of a bar with Jim "you lie!" DeMint and Mark "but she's my soul mate" Sanford. Theres no way Graham can keep up. He keeps on having painful bouts of logic and pragmatism that show him capable of effective leadership and an inability to maintain the necessary rabid and unthinking dogmatism required in today's conservative political arena.

Quoting Goodwoman614:

Oh dear. You may be right about that, especially when considered in light of what else I just came across.

shannonnigans
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 3:36 AM
4 moms liked this
His name is really Lee Bright? Really? "Bright?!" That's just too delicious, you couldn't make that stuff up!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Goodwoman614
by Satan on Jan. 21, 2014 at 3:41 AM

Quoting shannonnigans: His name is really Lee Bright? Really? "Bright?!" That's just too delicious, you couldn't make that stuff up!

Out of irony

we harvest sarcasm

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Jan. 21, 2014 at 5:56 AM
2 moms liked this

I feel like you were speaking gobblygook LMAO.  Sometimes I feel so dumb and foreign.

I should just feign intelligence and give you a

you rock

Quoting AdrianneHill: We have been setting for official a hell of a bar with Jim "you lie!" DeMint and Mark "but she's my soul mate" Sanford. Theres no way Graham can keep up. He keeps on having painful bouts of logic and pragmatism that show him capable of effective leadership and an inability to maintain the necessary rabid and unthinking dogmatism required in today's conservative political arena.

Quoting Goodwoman614:

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:13 AM
1 mom liked this

I would think a teacher protecting a school grounds should be able to carry whatever she can carry legally.

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:53 AM
2 moms liked this

It looks like you are getting a nice little fan club started, goodwoman.

AdrianneHill
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:17 AM
3 moms liked this
It pretty much is gobbledygook. Jim DeMint was the super classy guy who shouted "you lie" at Obama while Obama was giving a speech in congress. Sanford was our governor who disappeared for a few days "hiking" and then come to find out he'd run to Argentina(!)to carry on an affair with his brand new soul mate while the wife and kids were up here but he still tried to lie and say he was in this country and hiking the blue ridge trail. It eventually came out that he'd left the country multiple times without telling anyone and he really didn't understand why everyone was so pissed. Yeah. Yeah.
The best I could say about that was at least Sanford wasn't born and raised here so south Carolina doesn't have to take full responsibility for how he turned out.

Quoting turtle68:

I feel like you were speaking gobblygook LMAO.  Sometimes I feel so dumb and foreign.

I should just feign intelligence and give you a

you rock

Quoting Goodwoman614:

lga1965
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Of course, YOU would say that.
RME.

Quoting Carpy:

I would think a teacher
protecting a school grounds should be able to carry whatever she can
carry legally.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)