Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

East coasters: snowed in? Share your dreams of warmer weather

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 7:55 PM
  • 63 Replies
1 mom liked this

Please remind me that spring will come. It will, won't it?

I am dreaming of my garden. One thing I'd like to do this year is try some version of vertical gardening.

I'm also looking forward to kayaking again, and camping.

What are you looking forward to the most, once this winter finally melts into spring??

by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 7:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Goodwoman614
by Satan on Jan. 21, 2014 at 7:56 PM

Wearing sandals.

Goodwoman614
by Satan on Jan. 21, 2014 at 7:57 PM

Listening to the spring peepers while walking at the end of the day.

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 7:59 PM
1 mom liked this

sun-dresses = Imbolc is right around the corner. Celebrating the return of the light - on the same day a random groundhog may or may not see his or her shadow.

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Jan. 21, 2014 at 9:21 PM

It was 41 degrees here the other day.  My poor family down south are having heat waves badly...the other night it was 33 overnight.

canadianmom1974
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Not having to bundle up! To be able to just walk outside without needing boots, coat, mitts, making sure the kids have toques and snow pants. Then having to brush the snow off the car or scrape the frost off the windows.

Really only two more months though, yes we may get snow in April (sometimes even May, very rarely June), but it's not cold. Cool, but not cold.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
canadianmom1974
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:37 PM
PS, for the Celcius impaired, turtle's temps translate to 105 and 91. Bit of a heat wave going on down there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
greenie63
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:39 PM
Puerto Rico in June! We have a little over 10" of snow.
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:57 PM

OK, so it was 70 at my house today, BUT we are under drought conditions- so no washing the car, the grass should be brown and if it's yellow, let it mellow!

It's spring like.

Goodwoman614
by Satan on Jan. 22, 2014 at 2:57 AM

Quoting turtle68:

It was 41 degrees here the other day.  My poor family down south are having heat waves badly...the other night it was 33 overnight.

What a heat wave. I'm jellie.

Goodwoman614
by Satan on Jan. 22, 2014 at 3:01 AM

Quoting canadianmom1974: Not having to bundle up! To be able to just walk outside without needing boots, coat, mitts, making sure the kids have toques and snow pants. Then having to brush the snow off the car or scrape the frost off the windows.

Really only two more months though, yes we may get snow in April (sometimes even May, very rarely June), but it's not cold. Cool, but not cold.

I saw on the news tonight that we've had the unusual amount of snow for December and January. Our snowiest month is usually February (SE PA area). So not done yet. The 7 day does not have us getting above freezing for a high.

Besides going out without bundling up, I will relish going to bed without the layers upon layers of blankets and comforters. Just a tank and undies, and a topsheet for covers. Ahh...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN