Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

DEBATE: Smoking marijuana while pregnant?

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 12:39 AM
  • 96 Replies
1 mom liked this

I quit smoking with my daughter, but this pregnancy is rough and I'm only 8 weeks. Don't worry, I haven't picked up a J for a couple months now, but I feel like one every now and then would definitely not hurt.

I just want to know your guys' opinions about smoking while pregnant(and please, know your facts whether you're against it or for it, as low-birth weight is not associated with marijuana, but with cigarettes so if you're smoking both, it was the cigarettes). & moms, if you smoked, how did your child(ren) turn out?

CafeMom Tickers

by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 12:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AlekD
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 12:45 AM
As far as I know it hasn't been shown to be particularly harmful but hasn't been shown to be totally safe either. It is your call. Is is legal where you live?
Its.me.Sam.
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 12:48 AM

what is the reason for smoking it? if it isnt medical then i would abstain.  if you really feel that you want to then speak with your doc and find out what is and is not safe for you and baby.  
i must say that now would be a good time to quit and stay quit at least for a while.. you dont need to be high with a newborn.  not safe. 

LAHnTAH0812
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 12:50 AM
3 moms liked this
Look up dr drehers studies. Melanie, i think. Melanie dreher.
DonnasMommy16
by Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 12:50 AM

Ohhh no haha actually I live in Indiana, the state with one of the strictest ganja laws in the US!!

Quoting AlekD: As far as I know it hasn't been shown to be particularly harmful but hasn't been shown to be totally safe either. It is your call. Is is legal where you live?

CafeMom Tickers

DonnasMommy16
by Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 12:52 AM

Well, I'm very nauseous. Throw up at just about anything, even the sight of a foot LOL! I'm also having horrible pains which aren't serious enough apparently because I've went to the hospital.

Quoting Its.me.Sam.:

what is the reason for smoking it? if it isnt medical then i would abstain.  if you really feel that you want to then speak with your doc and find out what is and is not safe for you and baby.  
i must say that now would be a good time to quit and stay quit at least for a while.. you dont need to be high with a newborn.  not safe. 

CafeMom Tickers

AlekD
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 12:52 AM
That would be my biggest concern. What if someone found out and turned you in? I wouldn't risk it if it is illegal.

Quoting DonnasMommy16:

Ohhh no haha actually I live in Indiana, the state with one of the strictest ganja laws in the US!!

Quoting AlekD: As far as I know it hasn't been shown to be particularly harmful but hasn't been shown to be totally safe either. It is your call. Is is legal where you live?

DonnasMommy16
by Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 12:52 AM
2 moms liked this

I think I've read that. I loved it. The "ganja babies" were healthy and more alert!

Quoting LAHnTAH0812: Look up dr drehers studies. Melanie, i think. Melanie dreher.

CafeMom Tickers

Its.me.Sam.
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 12:53 AM

there are safe meds to help you.  but you should just speak with your doc and find out what is ok.

Quoting DonnasMommy16:

Well, I'm very nauseous. Throw up at just about anything, even the sight of a foot LOL! I'm also having horrible pains which aren't serious enough apparently because I've went to the hospital.

Quoting Its.me.Sam.:

DonnasMommy16
by Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 12:53 AM

& that is why I'm debating on doing it. However, my cousin, also from Indy, smoked while pregnant and all she got was a band on her arm.

Quoting AlekD: That would be my biggest concern. What if someone found out and turned you in? I wouldn't risk it if it is illegal.

Quoting DonnasMommy16:

CafeMom Tickers

LAHnTAH0812
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 12:55 AM
1 mom liked this
The " safe" medications aren't safe. DO NOT TAKE REGLAN.
My dr had no problem with me using marijuana while pregnant.

Quoting DonnasMommy16:

I think I've read that. I loved it. The "ganja babies" were healthy and more alert!

Quoting LAHnTAH0812: Look up dr drehers studies. Melanie, i think. Melanie dreher.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN