Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

White people are no longer racist, and even if they were, it’s the fault of racist black people!

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 1:13 PM
  • 142 Replies

Fox News contributor: Angry blacks to blame for rise in ‘American Anglo-Saxon’ racism

Thursday, January 23, 2014 12:47 EST
Sandy Rios via SandyRiosdotcom

A Christian radio host insisted last week that white people were no longer racist, and even if they were, it’s the fault of racist black people.

Sandy Rios, of American Family Radio, was offended when a listener suggested she was racist toward black people, who she blamed for inciting white racism.

“I think the racist garbage coming from the — uh, a lot of blacks right now who are just filled with bitterness and rage is just amazing to me,” Rios said. “It is racism, I am seeing it constantly here in D.C., you know, I think — and it’s causing white citizens to become more racist than they ever were.”

She continued, referring to white people using the term for Germanic tribes that once dominated England and is now generally associated with British-American Protestants and white supremacists.

“I think for the most part, the American Anglo-Saxon crew really has moved past racism, they did it quite a long time ago,” she said.

Rios, a Fox News contributor, said racism had demonstrably ended because segregation was no longer legally enforced and the nation had elected a black president.

“I mean, they did elect Barack Obama twice, so I think it’s not nearly the issue in the white community that it was in the 50s, sure it isn’t, or the 60s – it just isn’t,” she said. “But it seems to be raging, racism seems to be absolutely raging in the black community.”

She blamed this rise of racist feelings among whites on this same black president who signaled the end of American racism.

“I think what’s causing it is people like Barack Obama and (Attorney General) Eric Holder, who can’t say enough and stir the pot enough to create anger and hatred and bitterness,” Rios said. “You know, they do the same thing with women, it’s the same thing in feminism, that’s why I’ve never been a feminist. I hate feminism.”

Listen to audio of Rios’ comments posted online by Right WingWatch: https://soundcloud.com/rightwingwatch/rios-african-americans-are-the

[Image via SandyRios.com]

by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 1:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SuperChicken
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 1:22 PM
5 moms liked this

Ugh.  I shouldn't have read that.  Now my head hurts. 

snookyfritz
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 1:26 PM
3 moms liked this

No, just no.  That...just no

Radarma
by "OneDar" on Jan. 23, 2014 at 1:37 PM
8 moms liked this

Um, er...there is truth to this, but I don't fault Obama for it. I know many others do.

I believe we did hit a positive place on the spectrum considering races being thought of as equal; and now days, the pendulum seems to be shifting to the opposite end of slavery. Seems to be quite a bit of racism coming from african americans and this sense of a supreme distaste and consideration that white people are less than, worse than black people.

Allow some whites to talk honestly about race and this is exactly what you will hear, if you hold your tongue and don't called them "racist" for expressing it.

MomTiara19
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 1:43 PM
4 moms liked this

Of course images like this couldnt be racist could it?Its all in black peoples minds.Blacks are so sensitive.

Its Obama and Holders fault.Racism never existed before them.The KKK is just a harmless Tea Party.

This lady is a air head...lol...

Elkamelka
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 1:47 PM
4 moms liked this

I think it's difficult for a person who hasn't had the experience of racism speak to it.  For the record, I'm not saying she hasn't experienced any, but I know she hasn't as a black person.  Until it has been experienced first-hand, a true understanding cannot really happen.

Malayahsmom06
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 1:49 PM
10 moms liked this
Ugh. There are racist people of all races.
jllcali
by Jane on Jan. 23, 2014 at 1:55 PM
4 moms liked this
If it's black people's fault white people are racist hen that must mean that it's white people's fault black people are racist.

And really, if you become racist towards a whole group of people because the attitudes of a few, you sound like a weak minded person.
lga1965
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 1:59 PM
2 moms liked this
She's not very bright,is she.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Jan. 23, 2014 at 2:02 PM
3 moms liked this

Okay.

So she isn't fond of black people and it is the black people's fault.

There are a few people I work with who make comments such as..........'I'm not racist but it seems more black people do X, Y and Z and they are the ones who make me angry towards black people'.

Holy hell.

I recently wrote some one up for such an asinine comment.

celestegood
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 2:06 PM
5 moms liked this
Racism is wrong no matter what race you happen to be.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN