Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Gimme Shelter

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 6:47 AM
  • 285 Replies
1 mom liked this

Has anyone been to see this movie?  If so, what did you think of it?  It opened this past week and I went to see it Sunday.  It was really good.

by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 6:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JTROX
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 6:56 AM

I have not seen it yet, but I look forward to seeing it.

candlegal
by Judy on Jan. 28, 2014 at 7:03 AM

You will really enjoy it.  It is too bad the pro choice people probably won't go to see it and see what is actually being done for these young ladies all across the country.

Quoting JTROX:

JTROX
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 7:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes.   I would love for the other side to watch the movie.

Quoting candlegal:

You will really enjoy it.  It is too bad the pro choice people probably won't go to see it and see what is actually being done for these young ladies all across the country.

Quoting JTROX:

candlegal
by Judy on Jan. 28, 2014 at 7:16 AM

But they won't.  I have heard they are protesting some of the theaters where this is being shown.  They don't want young women to know there really is some place they can go if they choose not to abort their child.  From what I have been hearing, there are about 5000 of these types of shelters around the country.

Quoting JTROX:

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting JTROX:

JTROX
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 7:18 AM

It's like the people that whine about pictures of abortions being shown.  They don't like to see the reality of the situation.

Quoting candlegal:

But they won't.  I have heard they are protesting some of the theaters where this is being shown.  They don't want young women to know there really is some place they can go if they choose not to abort their child.  From what I have been hearing, there are about 5000 of these types of shelters around the country.

Quoting JTROX:

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting JTROX:

candlegal
by Judy on Jan. 28, 2014 at 7:24 AM

The reality is that they think women should have the right to stop the beating heart of their own child, any time they want to.

Quoting JTROX:

It's like the people that whine about pictures of abortions being shown.  They don't like to see the reality of the situation.

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting JTROX:

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting JTROX:

JTROX
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 7:25 AM

I find it so sad and disgusting.  They cry out that it's their body, their choice.  But it is not about just their body.  If it were they wouldn't require and abortion.

Quoting candlegal:

The reality is that they think women should have the right to stop the beating heart of their own child, any time they want to.

Quoting JTROX:

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting JTROX:

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting JTROX:

candlegal
by Judy on Jan. 28, 2014 at 7:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Well it is sad and disgusting but I really feel more sorry for these people. They are either totally ignorant of what they are doing or just fooling themselves.  Sad to say many of these women swallowed the talking points of PP hook, line and sinker.

Quoting JTROX:

I find it so sad and disgusting.  They cry out that it's their body, their choice.  But it is not about just their body.  If it were they wouldn't require and abortion.

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting JTROX:

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting JTROX:

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting JTROX:

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Jan. 28, 2014 at 8:25 AM
5 moms liked this

damn ...does it make you happy to speak about how others see things?  Is this an abortion movie?

Have you both had abortions...if not....SHUT THE F UP :-)

Hope you both have a great day :-D

lizmarie1975
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 8:28 AM
10 moms liked this

That was an entertaining back & forth.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)