Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Why are the conservatives on FB screaming about how we give to the lazy/poor?

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 8:40 AM
  • 147 Replies
6 moms liked this

I dunno. I admit I fell asleep before the State of the Union address was over, but I am not getting why I'm seeing bellowing on Facebook from people this morning about the Obama administration rewarding lazy moochers.

What did I miss?

Or are they just squawking because they feel they have to bitch about something because the black guy was on TV again reminding them that he is still president? lol.

by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 8:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tanyainmizzou
by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 8:41 AM
6 moms liked this

There really is a discussion to be had.   It is too bad it cannot be had with you.

LiveinJoy
by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this
There are a lot of posts I roll my eyes At and keep on trucking.
klocker21
by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 8:48 AM
10 moms liked this
Conservatives feel sorry for so called "lazy moochers". Have you eve heard the term "a victim of government dependence"?

We believe in charity and overall welfare and yes, even a hand out when its needed. By the cycle of poverty is now being driven by a monthly check from the government that is not enough to help, but just enough to keep them voting for democrats.
masonmomma
by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 8:49 AM
2 moms liked this
Really? And it's immediately a race issue? Instigating and race baiting I see.
PPCLC
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 9:00 AM
2 moms liked this

WHY does it always go back to the color of the current president's skin? Why? 

I watched and/or listened to the State of the Union address and appreciated some of the things President Obama was saying.

However, there was a lot of self-back patting and self-promotion going on too, which is typical of just about any other State of the Union address. The color of the skin of the president who has done so in the past had NOTHING to do with it.

These SOTU addresses are seen more as pep rallies in high school to begin with. "We're great! So stop your hate! The country in the west IS the best!"

And so on and so forth.

Quoting Seasidegirl:

I dunno. I admit I fell asleep before the State of the Union address was over, but I am not getting why I'm seeing bellowing on Facebook from people this morning about the Obama administration rewarding lazy moochers.

What did I miss?

Or are they just squawking because they feel they have to bitch about something because the black guy was on TV again reminding them that he is still president? lol.

Seasidegirl
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 9:02 AM
3 moms liked this

Interpretation: I don't know what to say.

LOL

Quoting tanyainmizzou:

There really is a discussion to be had.   It is too bad it cannot be had with you.

Seasidegirl
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 9:04 AM
3 moms liked this

Did he say something about government programs last night (after I fell asleep)?

Is he doing something different?

The funny thing is we ALL know that poor people have the hardest time voting. Yet some of you continue to "blame" the poor people for voting dems into office because they benefit with their measly food stamps or whatever. How do you explain the rest of us (who REALLY put Obama in office)? I'm not on any government assistance, I am not wealthy -- nor am I poor -- but I am a democrat.

Quoting klocker21: Conservatives feel sorry for so called "lazy moochers". Have you eve heard the term "a victim of government dependence"?

We believe in charity and overall welfare and yes, even a hand out when its needed. By the cycle of poverty is now being driven by a monthly check from the government that is not enough to help, but just enough to keep them voting for democrats.

lga1965
by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 9:06 AM
5 moms liked this

Lol. Many conservative Republicans are getting welfare and they still bash the President and Democrats. Really stupid.

Quoting klocker21: Conservatives feel sorry for so called "lazy moochers". Have you eve heard the term "a victim of government dependence"?

Seasidegirl
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 9:06 AM
2 moms liked this

Well, when you can't come up with a valid reason to hate the man (with such passion), that's all I got.

Again, does anyone care to explain to me what Obama did about giving to moochers?

YOUR response is an excuse not to respond, it seems.

Quoting masonmomma: Really? And it's immediately a race issue? Instigating and race baiting I see.

Seasidegirl
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this

SHHHH. When they get government assistance, it doesn't count! SHHHHH.

Quoting lga1965: Lol. Many conservative Republicans are getting welfare and they still bash fhe President and Democrats. Really stupid.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)