Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Buy Girl Scout Cookies, Don't Buy BS

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 2:07 PM
  • 106 Replies
7 moms liked this

Are you seriously going to let people with a political agenda manipulate you with lies?  The GSA never endorsed Wendy Davis and is not partnered with nor associated with Planned Parenthood.  I have to believe this is a deliberate political campaign against Ms. Davis because the alternative, that people are just that stupid and easily duped, is unfathomable.

Here's the link to the Breitbart page that tries to explain the GSA didn't make a political endorsement nor did they endorse a social cause.  The GSA merely asked its Tweeters who would THEY add to the list of women deemed "incredible" by Huffington Post.  To see THAT article, go here.  Before anyone says the GSA did choose the list it's obvious they meant they did not create the list.  They merely referred to it while asking tweeters to share the names of other extraordinary women.

That young girl who was shot for making speeches for girls to have a right to an education was on the list.  In fact, Huffpo staff highly endorsed her as the "Most Incredible Woman of 2013" and said she should have been Time's Person of the Year but she was never mentioned by the people with the agenda to smear the GSA.  

People are either out to get Wendy or PP or the GSA.  It doesn't make sense to hurt the girls who need money to keep their activities and non-political meetings running.  *smh*  

tsk tsk

by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 2:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amyasmommy2005
by Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 2:12 PM
8 moms liked this

i buy girl scout cookies cuz there are good. I don't really care if the endorsed a cow for president i still need my thin mints.

ambermario4ever
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 2:20 PM
2 moms liked this

my daughter is in Girl Scouts this year so we bought and sold cookies and will be doing booths this next weekend as well. 

slashteddy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 2:22 PM
3 moms liked this
Even if they had, I'd still buy their cookies.
autodidact
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 2:23 PM
8 moms liked this

The pinheads whine about GS because unlike BS they aren't homophobic. Also, they empower girls, and there is an element who doesn't like girls being told they can be anything they want to be. 

LiveinJoy
by Namaste on Feb. 2, 2014 at 2:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Love your points! I agree.

Arroree
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 3:06 PM
4 moms liked this

My families doing it's part, heck, one of my brother in laws alone bought 2 dozen boxes *yeah he likes his GS cookies LOL* He packed them in his deep freezer and plans to eat them all year *i give it a month* :)

nelopyma
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm probably the only person in the world who isn't a fan of GS cookies, regardless of who they endorse or don't endorse, lol.

PamR
by Pam on Feb. 2, 2014 at 3:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I love those little GS and their cookie deliciousness. 

terpmama
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 3:34 PM
5 moms liked this
 It doesn't make sense to hurt the girls who need money to keep their activities and non-political meetings running.  *smh*  

tsk tsk

Of course it does... Strong, independent think girls turn into strong independent thinking women who can vote and don't put up with "their" crap. Women as leaders.... Can't have that!!

tanyainmizzou
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 3:35 PM

But it is okay to hurt boy scouts who haven't done anything?

Quoting terpmama:
 It doesn't make sense to hurt the girls who need money to keep their activities and non-political meetings running.  *smh*  

tsk tsk

Of course it does... Strong, independent think girls turn into strong independent thinking women who can vote and don't put up with "their" crap. Women as leaders.... Can't have that!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured