Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

You don't want Girl Scout Cookies? You don't need to pull a gun!

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2014 at 2:33 PM
  • 15 Replies

This happened in my town yesterday. At 11:24 in the morning.

TEMECULA, Calif. (AP) - Riverside County sheriff's officials say a man was arrested after pulling a gun on a girl selling cookies door-to-door. The Riverside Press-Enterprise says deputies responded to a report of an assault with a deadly weapon shortly before noon on Sunday in Temecula.The newspaper says the girl, whose father witnessed the incident, was going from house to house when she knocked on John M. Dodrill's door. Police say the 59-year-old opened the door and pointed a gun at the girl.The girl's father called the police, and Dodrill was taken into custody without incident. The gun was seized for evidence.Jail records show his bail was set at $25,000.___Information from: The Press-Enterprise, http://www.pe.com

by on Feb. 3, 2014 at 2:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1Giovanni
by Becca on Feb. 3, 2014 at 3:09 PM
1 mom liked this
This is why I never took my kids door to door to sale anything. I think the best idea is having kids bo sale to family, friends and outside a store.
mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 3:26 PM

I wonder if his rights to be an Asshole outweigh her rights to feel comfortable doing something children do. How sad our society has turned into this.

furbabymum
by on Feb. 3, 2014 at 4:01 PM

Jees. What is the world coming to.

autodidact
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 4:03 PM

what a fucking pycho. 

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Feb. 3, 2014 at 4:04 PM

Does it say why he did it?

lga1965
by on Feb. 3, 2014 at 4:04 PM
That's insane. I would never have worried when my girls were selling cookies in the 80's. And I wouldn't worry when my granddaughter sold them. I doubt this would happen here. But considering how many paranoid and hostile gun lovers there are now, who knows ?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jcrew6
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 4:08 PM

He needs to be held accountable for this. Not too mention maybe He needs a serious mental eval, drug test.. Who knows...

My other question~Did she know him?  The Girl Scouts has STRICT no door to door policy of houses you do not know.  Hopefully, she follows this rule in the future.

amyasmommy2005
by Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 4:11 PM

wow i'm speechless

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Feb. 3, 2014 at 4:12 PM

How come some people with guns lack the ability to keep the door, closed and locked? House, car...- if you're afraid why are you opening the door? or getting out the car and confronting?

gdiamante
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 7:44 PM

That info hasn't been released yet. But it's not like the neighborhood is one ridden by crime. It's not.

Quoting Euphoric:

Does it say why he did it?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN