Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

George Zimmerman to box DMX - UPDATE:Fight is cancelled!

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:37 AM
  • 148 Replies

Fight Promoter Cancels Zimmerman Celebrity Boxing Match After Sudden Attack of Morals - 

For those who were waiting for DMX to make good on his promises to “beat the f#$%” out of America’s favorite child killer and “p*ss in his face,” we have a tragic announcement: the fight has been scrapped. Promoter Damon Feldman took to Twitter to explain that his conscience got in the way of his willingness to make money off of a George Zimmerman fight.

“I’m sorry for anyone I hurt with this, but this was a very big opportunity,” he tweeted, “More to life then [sic] money. It was worth a lot of money to me, but people’s feelings meant more to me. I walked away from a million dollar payday with this fight but to be honest, I’d rather be happy and make people happy. Thank you.” “Zimmerman was the wrong person to have in this,” Feldman told Rolling Stone. “I looked into the eyes of my son and daughter today and couldn’t imagine someone killing them and getting off scot-free. It just really hurt. It was a tough decision because I could have made two million dollars here, but at least I have my dignity. I’m happy. Thank you.” - S

A Change.org petition to stop the fight accumulated over 99,000 signatures and a WhiteHouse.org petition accrued an additional 27,000, facts that seems to influence Feldman’s decision to scrap the idea. He assured the public that he was not trying to be insensitive to their feelings. “I wasn’t being disrespected [sic] to anyone I had a plan here with this fight I’ll let you know soon hope everyone is happy I’m very sorry,” Feldman tweeted. “I want to thank everyone for the good n [sic] bad comments I’ve made the choice to cancel the fight w George Zimmermann [sic] more to life then [sic] money.”

Unfortunately, the world is going to have to wait for an opportunity to see George Zimmerman on the receiving end of the “ass kicking” of his lifetime. - See more at: http://aattp.org/fight-promoter-cancels-zimmerman-celebrity-boxing-match-after-sudden-attack-of-morals

George Zimmerman to fight rapper DMX in ‘celebrity’ boxing match 

The details of the ‘celebrity boxing match’ have yet to be released, but there’s already a Change.org petition against the idea.

Comments (4)

The rapper (R) has vowed to ‘beat the living f--k’ out of Zimmerman when they fight in a ‘celebrity’ boxing match. Several social media users have expressed outrage over the idea.

MIKE LAWRIE/GETTY IMAGES

Rapper DMX (right) has vowed to ‘beat the living f--k’ out of George Zimmerman when they fight in a ‘celebrity’ boxing match. Several social media users have expressed outrage over the idea.

George Zimmerman is not a celebrity.

But Trayvon Martin's killer has apparently signed on to fight rapper DMX in a "celebrity boxing match," according to TMZ.

Celebrity boxing promoter Damon Feldman confirmed to the gossip site that the "Party Up" rapper, 43, was picked out of "over 15,000" applicants to go against Zimmerman, 30.

"I am going to beat the living f--k out him," DMX said, according to TMZ. "I am breaking every rule in boxing to make sure I f--k him right up."

Zimmerman reportedly came up with the idea himself and has been "training for months." Hepreviously told RadarOnline that boxing has been his hobby — even before the "incident," as he called it.

He, of course, was referring to shooting and killing Trayvon Martin on Feb. 26, 2012. A Florida jury acquitted him of second-degree murder and manslaughter charges.

"Prior to the incident I was actually going to the gym for weight loss and doing boxing-type training for weight loss and a mutual friend put me in contact with Damon," Zimmerman told the gossip site, about the boxing match.

"(It) provided me with an opportunity and motivation to get back in shape and continue with my weight loss goals and also be able to help a charity out."

The date, time and location of the fight are expected to be announced in a press conference on Feb. 12, TMZ reports.

Uproar over the idea has ignited among supporters of Trayvon Martin and his family, especially since the announcement about the fight was made just before what would have been the slain teenager's 19th birthday. His mother, Sybrina Fulton, posted a birthday tribute to her son on Twitter on Wednesday.

A Change.org petition was created, addressed to Feldman and calling for the match to be cancelled.

"Show some respect to the lost life of Trayvon Martin. End this 'celebrity boxing match,'" it reads.

Feldman's Twitter has also apparently been bombarded with messages from social media users appalled by the idea.

BTW,  It's Trayvon Martin's Birthday today

Uproar over the idea has ignited among supporters of Trayvon Martin and his family, especially since the announcement about the fight was made just before what would have been the slain teenager's 19th birthday. His mother, Sybrina Fulton, posted a birthday tribute to her son on Twitter on Wednesday.

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:38 AM
18 moms liked this
Hmm, he was taking boxing before murdering Martin and couldn't fight off a teenager without pulling his weapon?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lga1965
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:40 AM
2 moms liked this

throwing up

lga1965
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:42 AM

Quoting sweet-a-kins: Hmm, he was taking boxing before murdering Martin and couldn't fight off a teenager without pulling his weapon?

ah, how about that,

I hate boxing but if I knew this DMX person could decimate George,I would watch.

Citygirlk
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:57 AM

Oh no.. 

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:09 AM
1 mom liked this
DMX is a rapper who is very much a drug addict , he is also a bit off mentally.

He's from Philly and I met him once right when he was getting famous...he was crazy than as well

I don't know what condition he is in now. But there are two people I would never fight. Drug addicts and crazy people and he's both! They will do anything and usually aren't as affected during a fight

I would watch but I think it's going to be pay per view

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting sweet-a-kins: Hmm, he was taking boxing before murdering Martin and couldn't fight off a teenager without pulling his weapon?

ah, how about that,

I hate boxing but if I knew this DMX person could decimate George,I would watch.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:12 AM
16 moms liked this
Wait Wait Wait...
Zimmerman was training in Boxing but couldn't defend himself against a teenager? Bullshit.

And the "incident"? Seriously? Murdering someone is now a simple "incident"?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VooDooB
by weird cheese on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:18 AM

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:22 AM
Yup

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley: Wait Wait Wait...

Zimmerman was training in Boxing but couldn't defend himself against a teenager? Bullshit.

And the "incident"? Seriously? Murdering someone is now a simple "incident"?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
paknari
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:23 AM
He is an idiot and although I hate Zimmerman I hope he loses. I saw him in Walmart once and he was harassing people and knocking stuff on the so other people would have to pick it up. He is also an animal abuser and had been arrested for animal cruelty.

Quoting sweet-a-kins: DMX is a rapper who is very much a drug addict , he is also a bit off mentally.

He's from Philly and I met him once right when he was getting famous...he was crazy than as well

I don't know what condition he is in now. But there are two people I would never fight. Drug addicts and crazy people and he's both! They will do anything and usually aren't as affected during a fight

Quoting lga1965:

ah, how about that,

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:30 AM
An animal abuser vs a teen murderer

I'm rooting for the "animal abuser"

Also, X loves animals I know the dog situation where dogs were left...he's a drug addict with mental and legal issues.

Quoting paknari: He is an idiot and although I hate Zimmerman I hope he loses. I saw him in Walmart once and he was harassing people and knocking stuff on the so other people would have to pick it up. He is also an animal abuser and had been arrested for animal cruelty.

Quoting sweet-a-kins: DMX is a rapper who is very much a drug addict , he is also a bit off mentally.

Quoting lga1965:

ah, how about that,

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured