Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Everyone still have power?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:28 AM
  • 29 Replies
School was cancelled - again!

At this rate they won't have a spring break.

Over 100,000 lost power as of now in surrounding counties

So far, I have power...fingers crossed, we keep it , too bad my job has power also!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Linemanmomma
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:31 AM
Mine went out at 4 am. Practically the only place in town that has power is my work, I'm supposed to go in but don't want to leave ds home with no power or way to cook, and trees falling all around. He's 16, but still..
preacherskid
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:35 AM

We have power.  Roads suck and I called in due to the road conditions, but we are warm and dry here.

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:36 AM
They said there half a million out now!

I don't blame you .

Quoting Linemanmomma: Mine went out at 4 am. Practically the only place in town that has power is my work, I'm supposed to go in but don't want to leave ds home with no power or way to cook, and trees falling all around. He's 16, but still..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:49 AM
Crap the homes 3 blocks from me juy went out!

Please please stay on!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amyasmommy2005
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:54 AM

for once we didn't get hit to badly. We still have power and our roads are good. we still have 2 more snow days so i hope don't have to use them anytime soon.

smalltowngal
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:27 AM

We're north of the icy area so I haven't heard of any power outages but school has been canceled, again. Ohio started these things called blizzards bags so parents can do the school lesson at home so we won't have to add any days to the end of the year. 

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:51 AM
We need them!

Normally we don't though, this year is out of control

Quoting smalltowngal:

We're north of the icy area so I haven't heard of any power outages but school has been canceled, again. Ohio started these things called blizzards bags so parents can do the school lesson at home so we won't have to add any days to the end of the year. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:52 AM
Just drive to work, most of the traffic lights were out and no cops directing traffic (too many emergencys going on) even at major intersections

I almost got hit with a falling branch while driving and many branches in the road

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:53 AM
So far we're good but my parents and MIL are without. Lots of down trees and lines everywhere.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:53 AM
Oh and power at work was out but came back on still waiting for my internet to come back on
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)