Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gallup: How do people view the Affordable Care Act?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:32 PM
  • 96 Replies
1 mom liked this

President Barack Obama defended his signature legislative achievement, the Affordable Care Act, before Congress and the nation last week in his State of the Union address, but public opinion toward the law is little changed since November. Americans are still more likely to disapprove (51%) than approve (41%) of the law.

The latest results, from a Gallup poll conducted Jan. 31-Feb. 1, show that even though many provisions of the law are now in effect, Americans’ views of the Affordable Care Act, commonly known as “Obamacare,” still tilt negative.

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jehosoba84
by Jenn on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:01 PM
7 moms liked this

I hate it. That is all.

VooDooB
by Emerald Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:24 PM

Since we lost our kickass insurance because it didn't meet the ACA's criteria and we were switched to a plan that costs more more out of pocket, has a higher deductible, & gives less coverage I'd say the ACA didn't work out for this hard working-class family. 

butterflyk1ssez
by New Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:25 PM

im enjoyng it.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
stormcris
by Christy on Feb. 6, 2014 at 5:32 AM
1 mom liked this

I think that they need to fix that blasted portal and then see what people think.

FelineTopic
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 5:39 AM
1 mom liked this
There was an article in wednesday's albuquerque journal where people are quitting jobs or asking for their hours to be cut just so they could qualify for affordable healthcare. In New Mexico, that would be medicaid. Since my own healthcare has shot up, I may join those people by purposely taking a job that offers zero health benefits just to qualify for healthcare.

So...

No I am not liking obamacare at all...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 5:45 AM
Better than they view the Republican Party and congress
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomTiara19
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 6:17 AM
3 moms liked this

People dissaprove when you call it Obamacare.When its called the Affordable Care Act,and people understand the health care plan they approve.

Americans should be able to get healthcare.Healthcare is not a bad thing.

Carpy
by Emerald Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 6:30 AM
4 moms liked this

That was pretty much, my experience, as well.  I needed that damn maternity care.  50 years old and no uterus, makes it a priority for me.

Quoting VooDooB:

Since we lost our kickass insurance because it didn't meet the ACA's criteria and we were switched to a plan that costs more more out of pocket, has a higher deductible, & gives less coverage I'd say the ACA didn't work out for this hard working-class family. 

Karmahappens
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 6:36 AM
1 mom liked this

In states which expanded Medicaid it is pretty popular.   It is probably one of the most misunderstood programs out there however.

Here is my favorite.  Friend of mine had an employer with a "non-qualifying plan". She was all up in arms that she thought it was a good plan and didn't need changing.

I pointed out to her that it didn't qualify because....it cost her 18% of her income!  She was able to save money by purchasing on the marketplace  AND get better coverage.

Karmahappens
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 6:40 AM

Quoting Carpy:

That was pretty much, my experience, as well.  I needed that damn maternity care.  50 years old and no uterus, makes it a priority for me.

Quoting VooDooB:

You do get how insurance works right? Mine covers prostate cancer..and I don't have a prostate.

Making all policies cover maternity/Breast cancer/reconstructive surgery/48 hours hospital stays spreads the costs out.

I mean insurance was mandated to cover breast reconstruction after a masectomy. Did you see men bitching about that? THEY don't have breasts!

Mandates have been added over the years-Mammograms HAVE to be covered. 48 hours in the hospital after a birth/ reconstructive surgery after a masectomy.

Noone bitched about those.....I WANT maternity covered, as that means that ALL babies should get proper prenatal care-perhaps giving us the infant death statistic of a first world country and not a third world country.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)