Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Man wanted for groping 11-year-old girl in public is notorious abortion clinic bomber

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2014 at 4:05 AM
  • 14 Replies

By David FergusonTuesday, February 11, 2014 12:31 EST

Man believed to be Curtis Anton Beseda

A longtime anti-choice extremist is believed to have sexually fondled an 11-year-old girl in a Washington state grocery store and attempted to lure her outside.

The Seattle Times reported Tuesday that police are currently looking for 58-year-old Curtis Anton Beseda — who served more than a dozen years in federal prison for firebombing abortion clinics in the 1980s and 90s — on charges of child molestation and that a $250,000 warrant has been issued for his arrest.

On Saturday, a man believed to be Beseda approached an 11-year-old girl who was waiting for her father outside a restroom located in a Snohomish, WA Fred Meyer grocery store. Pressing his body against hers and grinding his pelvis into her backside, the man fondled her buttocks and thighs while whispering in her ear that he would buy her the drink she was carrying if she would just follow him outside.

Fearing for her safety, the girl ran to her father, who flagged down a police officer. The man believed to be Beseda fled the store, but not before his image was captured on multiple security cameras.

Video taken inside the store corroborates the girl’s version of events. It was also store video that allowed several local people to identify Beseda, who is reportedly notorious in the area after his decades of malicious acts against women’s health centers.

According to the Everett Herald, Beseda, an unemployed roofer “frequently picketed outside the Feminist Women’s Health Center in Everett. He set three nighttime fires there in 1983 and 1984, eventually forcing the women’s health clinic to close. He also was convicted of an arson at a Bellingham clinic.”

He was sentenced to 20 years in prison in the 1980s, but was released in 1996. He returned to prison for a parole violation in 1997 and remained there until 2003.

Police released still images from the grocery store video over the weekend received calls from several people who claimed to be “100 percent sure” that Beseda is the man who reportedly assaulted the girl.

Beseda’s upstairs neighbor contacted police saying she recognized him from the TV news. Since the photos were released, however, Beseda has not returned to his Snohomish apartment.

The Herald also said that one caller to the police “reported that Beseda frequents an Everett restaurant, where he makes the female employees uncomfortable.”

The Times reported that another one of the people who identified Beseda from the grocery store video is a friend who knew him in college.

That person pointed out that Beseda has “unique mannerisms” and compulsions that force him to walk in and out of doorways before entering or leaving a building. Police observed the man in the surveillance video doing exactly that before leaving the Fred Meyer store; walking out, then walking back in and leaving.

[image released by Snohomish County Sheriff's Department]

David Ferguson is an editor at Raw Story. He was previously writer and radio producer in Athens, Georgia, hosting two shows for Georgia Public Broadcasting and blogging at Firedoglake.com and elsewhere. He is currently working on a book.
by on Feb. 12, 2014 at 4:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Clairwil
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 5:02 AM
3 moms liked this

It would be unfair to judge all anti-abortion protesters by just one example.

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 5:23 AM

Is that a surpirse that a bomber is a nut?

snookyfritz
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 8:12 AM

Creep.

buttersworth
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 8:33 AM

The word Christian implies that one to assume the title is a follower of Christ.

Christ overturned the tables of the money changers in the temple. That's the most demonstrative thing he is attributed to have done while angry.

He saved lives. He resurrected people from death. He stopped a community from stoning a woman to death. He made the blind to see, healed those with leprosy, and healed.

One of his disciples once brandished a sword and cut off the ear of Roman soldier who was after Christ. Christ told him to put his weapon away.

In the name of Christ, however, have come justifications for violence, such as the many historically factual Catholic Inquisitions, most notable among those the Spanish Inquisiton. In His name people have waged wars and abused others.

A guy that bombs an abortion clinic with live doctors and nurses in it is no better than Pope Leo X.

Popes, politicians, lay people, ministers....just because they claim to be Christians does not mean they are morally justified in doing evil in the name of Christ.

They are NOT followers of Christ.

Because Christ did not do such things.

I say this about Christians because it is most often those who affiliate with Christianity as being pro-life.

But someone who is pro-life, would likewise not kill people in order to prove that life is worth preserving. Someone who is pro-life would not logically be one who would carry out perversions and abuse against a defenseless 11 year old.

So either this guy is a fraud who is set up to make pro-life Christians look bad; or he is a completely insane, unreasonable and illogical nut. My gut tells me he is a sick, evil person who is probably being paid by someone to do this to demonize the pro-lifers in this country.

He should not be a poster boy for Pro-Lifers ....just as Pope Leo X and many of his predecessors and successors should not be the poster boys for Christ.

Debmomto2girls
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 8:34 AM

Is this a new post? There were a lot more responses earlier.

Oh well, I do not think this is a huge leap for the nut. I also do not think this is the average prolifer.  Obviously, he is mentally deranged.

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Feb. 12, 2014 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this
I hope this menace to society is caught before he harms anyone else.
Clairwil
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 9:33 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting buttersworth:

The word Christian implies that one to assume the title is a follower of Christ.

just because they claim to be Christians does not mean they are morally justified in doing evil in the name of Christ.

They are NOT followers of Christ.

Because Christ did not do such things.

By that definition, no Christian is evil, and all evil people are non-Christians.

I don't buy it.

That's not how people use the word "Christian".   They refer to people who claim to be trying to follow Christ.   In the same way that "dieter" refers to someone trying to follow a diet, even if they are still gaining weight.

lga1965
by on Feb. 12, 2014 at 9:40 AM
This guy isn't Christian, he's mentally deranged. Normal,healthy people don't bomb abortion clinics.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BaronSamedi
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 9:54 AM

Strange.  A person who is so messed up.  It appears prison was not the place for hime to get the mental & emotional services he needed.

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 10:18 AM

Yes, he is so pro-life he bombs people -  he is crazy but many many many anti-choice folks made this wack-job out to be a hero. I get not all anti-choice people did but many did so there you go.

Oh I overheard on a tv show last night Rizoli and Isles re-run - they were investigating a person who was all about family values and one of the detectives said "I remember when used to mean your weren't a pervert" - I guess family values these days is code for I am a sick fuck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN