Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Ew ... ew ... ewwww!!! What kind of mother thinks this is okay??? ETA: Nothing explicit but be careful at work or with kids

Posted by   + Show Post
by on Feb. 12, 2014 at 3:19 PM
Replies (151-158):
LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Feb. 21, 2014 at 11:03 PM

Exactly as you say: 'the ONLY way'?

Really? People who have worked in the field for 20 yrs couldn't work it out if they weren't molested? Srsly?

HAHA. Yeah, no. 

Quoting LoveMyBoyK: What is a heck of a stretch? I will agree that her view that one necessarily was molested if they find incest implied in these pics is a stretch, yes.

Quoting LindaClement:

Wow. That's a heck of a stretch...

Freud claimed they were fictional sexual fantasies ... and he was certainly in a physical relationship with his mother AND his sister...

So much for that theory :D

Quoting LoveMyBoyK: You weren't. She was. She thinks the only way anyone could find incestuous overtones, which the majority here do, is if they were molested.

Quoting LindaClement:

I wasn't suggesting it was any majority at all... I was just supplying a plausible reason why someone might.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK: I was not molested. And the assumption beung made that the majority of women in this thread HAVE been just because we see the issue different than a certian poster here is beyond inane.

Quoting LindaClement:

I suppose for people who were molested by their mothers, a different viewpoint might not be unreasonable?

Quoting EireLass: I'm not opposed at all. Im not opposed to the pictures, and I'm not opposed to talking about incest. This isn't incest. I just find the over the edge responses odd.

Quoting LindaClement:

No, I just wondered why you were opposed to talking about it.

Quoting EireLass: I don't find incest to be a taboo subject at all.

Is this incest?

Quoting LindaClement:

Is it such a taboo subject that everyone needs to keep quiet about it?

You do know how silence destroys victims, right?

Quoting EireLass: I don't think I said people shouldn't opine if they don't know the person.

Is this incest?

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

So what.  Incest is a touchy subject and people get emotional about it.  And post emotional opinions about it.  That is what a discussion board is all about -- people sharing opinions, emotional or otherwise.  Your ... desire?  thought? ... that one should only comment or have any emotion if they are directly associated with, or affected by, a subject is just ridiculous, IMO. 

Quoting EireLass: Its not about simply having an opinion. But some of the comments are really over the top with emotion as if something in their own life is going to be negatively affected by this.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK: I was not aware that one had to personally know someone or be directly affected by a situation in order to share an opinion about it. Lets hope CM does not implement that ridiculous "rule" as a TOS or this board is going to be awfully quiet. I will, however, note that you have voice support for such an idiotic rule. Hmmm, I wonder if you, yourself, will abstain from ever commenting on issues that do not personally affect you from here on out.

Quoting EireLass: Why is everyone so bothered by something strangers are doing? That they'll never meet?How is this affecting your life?

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 5:28 PM
I wasn't implying anything of anyone here, any more than the women here implying the models have an incestuous relationship. I think people seem to forget they are posing, and told how to move, stand still, and what type of face to make....with probably 6 people standing around telling them.
Lighten up.
Quoting LindaClement:

Really? People who have worked in the field for 20 yrs couldn't work it out if they weren't molested? Srsly?

HAHA. Yeah, no. 

Quoting LoveMyBoyK: What is a heck of a stretch? I will agree that her view that one necessarily was molested if they find incest implied in these pics is a stretch, yes.

Quoting LindaClement:

Freud claimed they were fictional sexual fantasies ... and he was certainly in a physical relationship with his mother AND his sister...

Quoting LoveMyBoyK: You weren't. She was. She thinks the only way anyone could find incestuous overtones, which the majority here do, is if they were molested.

Quoting LindaClement:

I wasn't suggesting it was any majority at all... I was just supplying a plausible reason why someone might.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK: I was not molested. And the assumption beung made that the majority of women in this thread HAVE been just because we see the issue different than a certian poster here is beyond inane.

Quoting LindaClement:

I suppose for people who were molested by their mothers, a different viewpoint might not be unreasonable?

Quoting EireLass: I'm not opposed at all. Im not opposed to the pictures, and I'm not opposed to talking about incest. This isn't incest. I just find the over the edge responses odd.
Quoting LindaClement:

Is this incest?
Quoting LindaClement:

Quoting EireLass: I don't think I said people shouldn't opine if they don't know the person.
Is this incest?
Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

So what.  Incest is a touchy subject and people get emotional about it.  And post emotional opinions about it.  That is what a discussion board is all about -- people sharing opinions, emotional or otherwise.  Your ... desire?  thought? ... that one should only comment or have any emotion if they are directly associated with, or affected by, a subject is just ridiculous, IMO. 

Quoting EireLass: Its not about simply having an opinion. But some of the comments are really over the top with emotion as if something in their own life is going to be negatively affected by this.
Quoting LoveMyBoyK: I was not aware that one had to personally know someone or be directly affected by a situation in order to share an opinion about it. Lets hope CM does not implement that ridiculous "rule" as a TOS or this board is going to be awfully quiet. I will, however, note that you have voice support for such an idiotic rule. Hmmm, I wonder if you, yourself, will abstain from ever commenting on issues that do not personally affect you from here on out.
Quoting EireLass: Why is everyone so bothered by something strangers are doing? That they'll never meet?How is this affecting your life?

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 5:30 PM
I'm pretty sure I didn't say everyone who is appalled at these pics, that they themselves were molested.

Quoting LindaClement:

Quoting LindaClement:

Quoting LindaClement:

Quoting LindaClement:

Is this incest?
Quoting LindaClement:

Is this incest?
Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Feb. 23, 2014 at 2:11 AM

As soon as I hit 'add reply' I KNEW I should have said 'I totally agree with you'... 

Because I do. I wasn't think YOU were implying it... I am with you in the 'wow, people think that?' 

LOL

Quoting EireLass: I wasn't implying anything of anyone here, any more than the women here implying the models have an incestuous relationship. I think people seem to forget they are posing, and told how to move, stand still, and what type of face to make....with probably 6 people standing around telling them.
Lighten up.
Quoting LindaClement:

HAHA. Yeah, no. 

Quoting LindaClement:

Quoting LindaClement:

Quoting LindaClement:

Quoting LindaClement:

Is this incest?
Quoting LindaClement:

Is this incest?
Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 8:56 AM
Sometimes I feel like people are afraid of the human body. It seems they think people have zero control.
Quoting LindaClement:

As soon as I hit 'add reply' I KNEW I should have said 'I totally agree with you'... 

Because I do. I wasn't think YOU were implying it... I am with you in the 'wow, people think that?' 

LOL

Quoting EireLass: I wasn't implying anything of anyone here, any more than the women here implying the models have an incestuous relationship. I think people seem to forget they are posing, and told how to move, stand still, and what type of face to make....with probably 6 people standing around telling them.
Lighten up.
Quoting LindaClement:

HAHA. Yeah, no. 

Quoting LindaClement:

Quoting LindaClement:

Quoting LindaClement:

Quoting LindaClement:

Is this incest?
Quoting LindaClement:

Is this incest?
Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Feb. 24, 2014 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I suspect it's because they feel they have none of their own...

Quoting EireLass: Sometimes I feel like people are afraid of the human body. It seems they think people have zero control.
Quoting LindaClement:

LOL

Lighten up.
Quoting LindaClement:

HAHA. Yeah, no. 

Quoting LindaClement:

Quoting LindaClement:

Quoting LindaClement:

Quoting LindaClement:

Is this incest?
Quoting LindaClement:

Is this incest?
Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

dawnie1
by #1 Raider fan on Feb. 24, 2014 at 8:46 PM

weird is all I got to say.

ummcarter
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 9:32 PM
The sexuality of it. Yep very incestuous seeming. I love my boys, one is eating, nursing, now the other is cleaning up. Mom's body is for helping her kids but this seems like an invite for psychological issues not help, long term.

Quoting EireLass: What part of it do you have a problem with?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)