Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Disney Workers Among Those Busted in Underage Child Sex Sting??

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:19 AM
  • 19 Replies

Disney Workers Among Those Busted in Underage Child Sex Sting

by Kiri Blakeley

These child sex undercover sting operations are always so mind-boggling not only for the sheer number of men caught up in them (and yes, it is primarily men), but for how the suspects' identities run the gamut. It seems there is no demographic or type of worker that is totally immune from child molesters infiltrating their ranks. A recent sting operation in Clermont, Florida nabbed three Disney World workers, a National Guardsman, and a paramedic among the 23 arrested alleged sex predators.

The men were arrested at a vacant house, where they had gone thinking they would meet children as young as 13 to have sex with. The men reportedly brought items with them such as whipped cream-flavored vodka, a Happy Meal, and marijuana. They were all lured there by police officers pretending to be kids online.

Three arrested, Robert Kingsolver, 49, Patrick Holgerson, 32, and Joel Torres, 32, are reportedly employees at Disney World, though it is unknown what their jobs are and if they work directly with children. Even if not, it's pretty scary, given that simply by way of being associated with Disney World, they would have easy access to kids and have an easier time gaining parents' trust.

Reportedly, the three have been placed on unpaid leave.

One suspect told police that he had also arranged to meet a 7-year-old in another county. Police tracked down the child and managed to save her from her mother, who was allegedly pimping her out and abusing her.

Said the sheriff who oversaw the sting operation: "They never learn."

Indeed it does not seem they do. Some men have a fixation with young children and they're going to do whatever they can to satisfy that fixation, no matter if they know they could ruin their lives doing it.

But at least there were no real children harmed in this sting, and these men will be off the streets, at least for the time being, and one 7-year-old girl was saved from a horrible life.

Does it surprise you what types of men are rounded up during these sting operations?

by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VinVanMom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:26 PM

Nothing surprises me anymore. :( 

pamelax3
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:36 PM

This right here...

Quoting VinVanMom:

Nothing surprises me anymore. :( 

PinkButterfly66
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:44 PM

Their stupidity does surprise me but thank goodness for their stupidity.  Every one off the street means fewer children are exploited.

Goodwoman614
by Satan on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:59 PM
2 moms liked this

This is the thing: every time there is an expose, program or article on this topic, rarely do I see or read anything about why. WHY is there such a demand for sex with a child? Is it just in our culture? If so, why? Maybe I don't want to know, but I still want to know.

JanuaryBaby06
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Goodwoman614:

This is the thing: every time there is an expose, program or article on this topic, rarely do I see or read anything about why. WHY is there such a demand for sex with a child? Is it just in our culture? If so, why? Maybe I don't want to know, but I still want to know.

IMO, it's not just our culture. Over in the Middle East it is still legal to marry child brides, and the sex slave industry it's absolutely horrid in many Asian & African countries.  The whole need to marry & have sex with a virgin is any helping us either. ....that is usually perpetrated by religion & culture. Here in America (and else where I am sure) woman are afraid to age.  Woman shave everything, wear lots of make-up, dye grays, hide wrinkles, get plastic surgery, wear pantyhose that are designed so suck everything in&lift the buttocks - all in an attempt to look more rejuvenated... younger.

Our society sees an aging man as rugged, handsome, wise and with a woman.... that's not the case. Youth is pushed on woman.... the need to always be found attractive but then we feed into all this hoopla that basically makes it impossible after some point. A man will continue to age and look better, a woman however is not getting any younger.  If you find a kid young enough (untainted) then they still have plenty of years ahead of wonderful youth before they start to age & don't serve their purpose anymore... so we aren't only hurting ourselves but our children as well. This obviously is just my opinion. I could go on and on about the history of this mess... there are so many books about it.

TranquilMind
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, that's pretty disgusting. 

I've seen a number of those 20/20 predator shows where they hang out at a house and a woman pretends to be underage and the guys come, then they get nailed.   What the hell are they thinking?  I don't get it.  They provide all the evidence about themselves in the emails or chats - thinking those are PRIVATE??( Gee, my teens know there is nothing private on the internet at all).  They would get away with the words, but then they SHOW UP?? Arrgh.

m.garcia21
by Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:30 PM
Wow. Thats disgusting. Im glad those pos got caught.
stormcris
by Christy on Feb. 15, 2014 at 7:32 AM

According to some things I have read it is because the females are in their prime of life when talking about age 13 to legal as these stings are referencing, and biologically speaking we, generally, are attracted to those who are most fertile or those with the best vitality. That would put the age range from the onset of puberty to 24 as the most desirable ages. Females and males may want to have sex with older men/women because of the idea that they have the ability to provide more than people their own age. Also, older females may seek the same thing as older men in that they want to find a viral or more fertile man. This follows the findings on how we choose our mates due to their facial structure and other biological factors. However, this does not account for true pedophiles.

For a true pedophile, it is a sexual orientation according to some but simply having sex with someone under aged is not pedophilia. (Saying it is a sexual orientation is not condoning the action just stating they have a drive in their brain that cannot be altered and their force of their orientation onto children is just as wrong as any other orientation being forced upon someone without their consent)

Quoting Goodwoman614:

ShesALady
by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 7:40 AM
Terrible. I am so glad that guy confessed and saved that little girl. Her own mother was doing that to her. I can't even believe how sick people are. And the sad thing is they'll be back on the streets in no time.
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 15, 2014 at 11:38 AM

Terrible : (

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured