Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Laws that allow discrimination against gays now

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:49 AM
  • 64 Replies

Have you heard about this? That you can now fire, refuse then help even medical help... etc. Thoughts?

by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:29 AM
7 moms liked this

My thoughts?  People in a few states suck balls.  The upside is that more than likely these laws will not pass Constitutional scrutiny and could end up biting these bigots in the ass.  

VooDooB
by weird cheese on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:30 AM
3 moms liked this

Wow it IS gay week. 

pamelax3
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:32 AM

this is a crying shame, we are all people no matter what our personal lifes are

4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:33 AM

Case in point, this came about because a gay juror was dismissed due to her sexual orientation.  When the court ruled that potential jurors could not be removed from a trial jury because of their sexual orientation the State's attorney general said they would not defend their gay marriage ban as the arguments against it were no longer sustainable.  

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/nevada-ag-ends-fight-uphold-gay-marriage-ban-22454078

ashellbell
by shellbark on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:36 AM
3 moms liked this
It's cafemom. We go through gay week, republican week, democrat week, abortion week, black week, white week, circ week, vax week, breast feeding week, Christian week, atheist week, Muslim week, war on Christmas week, war on Easter week, whore week, single moms week, military week, I know I'm forgetting some.

Quoting VooDooB:

Wow it IS gay week. 

PinkButterfly66
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:41 AM
2 moms liked this

These states are only inviting protests and lawsuits.  I hope every damn one of them have gay pride protests where the men dress slutty and they shout "we're here, we're queer, get used to it!"

UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:43 AM
4 moms liked this

Its important to keep in mind that laws that allow for discrimination based on sexual orientation also allow straight people to be discriminated against.

When you protect the rights of others you are protecting your own rights too.

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:49 AM
2 moms liked this

I think they will all be struck down in Federal court.

meriana
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:17 PM

They might have a problem with the being fired one, since in so-called right to work states an employer doesn't have to have a reason to fire someone

4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:01 PM
1 mom liked this

"right to work" is not the same as "at will" employment.   Right to work means that people cannot be forced to join a laborer union to be employed.   At will employment states still require employers do not discriminate against protected classes of people and does not provide them immunity from civil action.  

Quoting meriana:

They might have a problem with the being fired one, since in so-called right to work states an employer doesn't have to have a reason to fire someone

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured