Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

FLUFF: All I ever want for any holiday (or ever)

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:26 PM
  • 49 Replies

All I ever want (Birthday, Christmas, Anniversary, Valentines day, anything!) is someone to come to my house once a month to deep clean. That's all I've ever wanted. Seriously... several times a year my (very kind, very generous) husband asks me what I want. I always tell him - someone to come to the house once a month and deep clean! He laughs, and I never get it. Why? Is it weird? A stupid gift? Does he think I'm joking? What the hell? 

What (reasonable thing) have you always said you want but never get?

by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SuperChicken
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:29 PM
3 moms liked this

Suggestion:   hire someone to come to your house once a month to deep clean  :)

VooDooB
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:30 PM

Ugh. I know but I can't. I'm a SAHM. I don't earn any $$$. I need him to pay the bill!

Quoting SuperChicken:

SuperChicken
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:34 PM
2 moms liked this

?

I'm a sahm.   It's never stopped me from paying bills. 

Quoting VooDooB:

Ugh. I know but I can't. I'm a SAHM. I don't earn any $$$. I need him to pay the bill!

Quoting SuperChicken:

VooDooB
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:43 PM

That's nice for you. I don't pay bills.

Quoting SuperChicken:

?

Quoting VooDooB:

Quoting SuperChicken:

SuperChicken
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, whatever works for you and your family.

I hope you can convince your husband that you actually do want a monthly housecleaning and he decides that he can give it to  to you then. :)

As a side note, and in no way meant to offend.   If you haven't already,  please ask your husband to explain your family finances to you, what the expenses are, what your assets are etc..   In the horrible event that something were to happen to him you don't want to be left with the stress of not knowing how to run the finances on top of the stress and grief of losing the one you love.    I hope you take that in the spirit it's meant - I am truly in no way trying to be rude. 

Quoting VooDooB:

Quoting SuperChicken:

?

Quoting VooDooB:

Quoting SuperChicken:

cupcake_momma
by Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:51 PM

Up until last Christmas it was a spa day.... I got a gift card for Christmas and I am going tomorrow to use it. I think that is a reasonable request :)

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I am very practical.

This year I told the hubs that I want a new fireplace{gas}, so in place of gifts we do those kinds of things. Every other year (odd years) we do a major project. Last year we had our back yard redone, new decks, stairs, landscaping, Virginia slate applied to the front of our house, new terraced gardens and spa. We also bought a very pricey puppy :)

I do have a gardener, but have only had inside help for a short period when my kids were a toddler and infant and I was working 3 days/week.

VooDooB
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this
oh not at all! I do appreciate that. & I have brought it up to him a few times now. He keeps saying he'll get back to me on that matter but never seems to.

Quoting SuperChicken:

Well, whatever works for you and your family.

I hope you can convince your husband that you actually do want a monthly housecleaning and he decides that he can give it to  to you then. :)

As a side note, and in no way meant to offend.   If you haven't already,  please ask your husband to explain your family finances to you, what the expenses are, what your assets are etc..   In the horrible event that something were to happen to him you don't want to be left with the stress of not knowing how to run the finances on top of the stress and grief of losing the one you love.    I hope you take that in the spirit it's meant - I am truly in no way trying to be rude. 

Quoting VooDooB:

Quoting SuperChicken:

?

Quoting VooDooB:

Quoting SuperChicken:

NWP
by guerrilla girl on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:59 PM

I don't think its stupid. I love practical gifts. I hope I get a gas stove to replace this electric one for my anniversary, but it won't happen. I'll get another spa day:/

And DH wonders why he never gets a new car with a big bow on top  for Christmas like in the commercials.

Next Window Please

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:04 PM
1 mom liked this

We have moved a lot. 2 weeks ago I was reorganizing the closet in our spare bedroom, and came upon a pillowcase which contained our heating pad AND 2 small boxes, that contained jewelry. I remember the jewelry from several Christmases ago (a gift). Holy crap, how irresponsible. I do not remember placing those items in that pillow case. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN