Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tenn. pastor of Happy Valley Church of Jesus Christ rails against biracial babies

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:10 PM
  • 321 Replies

WATCH: Tenn. pastor of Happy Valley Church of Jesus Christ rails against biracial babies

shutterstock_25092388

The American Jesus blog wants to know if Brother Donny Reagan of the Happy Valley Church of Jesus Christ is the “most racist pastor in America.”

In a video recorded in 2013 and published by the blog on Thursday, Brother Reagan rails against interracial marriage and mixed race children calling the marriage “not right” and wondering why we can’t leave segregation “alone.”

“Today we have so much fussing and stewing about this segregation of white and colored and everything. Why don’t they leave it alone? Let it be the way God made it.”

Reading from a prepared text, Brother Reagan warns his congregation that he is probably “going to make some people mad.”

“There is a move in the message, of blacks marrying whites, whites marrying blacks.” Reagan explains “And folks think that is alright, but you know, my God still has nationalities outside the city.’

To the “amens” of his congregation, Brother Reagan read, “Hybreeding, hybreeding, oh how terrible. They hybreed the people. You know it’s a big molding pot. I’ve got hundreds of precious colored friends  that’s borned again Christians. But on this line of segregation, hybreeding the people. What, tell me what fine cultured, fine Christian colored woman would want her baby to be a mulatto by a white man? No sir, it’s not right.”

Reagan also told his congregation that “If God wanted a man brown, black, white, whatever color he wanted him, that God’s creation. That’s the way he wanted it.”

Happy Valley Church of Jesus Christ is located in Johnson City, Tennessee.

Watch the video below:

by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this

F*CK HIM

Pema_Jampa
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Did you watch the video? I could only get through part of it. 

throwing up

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

F*CK HIM

SuperChicken
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:19 PM
1 mom liked this

With all his itching I have to wonder if his God is sending him some sort of affliction to try and get him to shut up. 

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:20 PM
2 moms liked this

No, and I won't. I may break my computer screen.

After going through a few ugly incidents with my kids I have no desire to subject myself to that bullsh*t today.

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Did you watch the video? I could only get through part of it. 

throwing up

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

F*CK HIM

lizmarie1975
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Well, isn't he a ray of sunshine? God don't like ugly.
PinkButterfly66
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:22 PM

Google his church and send him an email.  Let him know what you think of his bigotted message of hate.

momtoscott
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Tennessee again.   

pamelax3
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:46 PM

What a dumbass! Any person of God know that any baby is a blessing and is one of God's gifts

ashellbell
by shellbark on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh FFS. Where does these people come from!!??
grannywilson
by Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:10 PM
4 moms liked this

I am sorry, Pastor but it is too late.  Most of us here in the U.S.A. are mixed up with several nationalities of  people.  I am doing my own ancestry search these days and I am finding that there are a half a dozen countires that I can count in my heritage.  I also found out that a few from way back had slaves.  I hate that but it is the truth.  Who knows?  I could have some people of color in my heritage.  I am embarassaed as a Christian that a Pastor would get up and say these things.  If you are bi racial, just know that he doesn't speak for all Christians.  This is not the message of our Lord.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)