Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Woman Fakes Daytime Rape to Get Out of Work?!

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:42 AM
  • 25 Replies

Woman Fakes Daytime Rape to Get Out of Work

by Lisa Fogarty

A Florida woman did the unimaginable in order to get herself out of work: she faked her own rape. Alexandra Westover, who is 21, decided to play hooky from work at her great-uncle's house -- it's unclear what line of employment she was in, exactly. Of course, she needed a good excuse, and instead of saying she was sick or had car trouble or, oh I don't know, using any of 100 sane fake excuses, she concocted an entire story about being raped in broad daylight. And now she's in big, big trouble for it.

Alexandra told cops she got a flat tire early in the morning, presumably while driving to work, and that she pulled over to the side of the road. She then claimed a Caucasian man in a white car stopped to help her and requested a sharp object he could use to loosen the hubcap. She says she opened her passenger door and that was when the man pushed her into her car and sexually assaulted her in the front seat.

Police took her claims very seriously and spent days investigating them. They admit they were suspicious after reviewing video footage on the turnpike and not spotting the woman's vehicle anywhere, but I guess they didn't expect to find out the entire story was a lie, so they continued to waste valuable time and resources on her "case."

Alexandra's father called the cops and told them his daughter had confessed to making up the tale because she had skipped work and didn't want to get in trouble. She has since been charged with a misdemeanor perjury count and of falsely reporting a crime.

Oh my lord, what was this woman thinking? i'm guessing she didn't know there are cameras EVERYWHERE or that she would be interrogated so many times it would be pretty much impossible for most people to keep going with a false story. Now, instead of worrying about getting in trouble for skipping work for one day, she's going to have to deal with future employers potentially finding out that she make up a lie about rape to, do what? Sleep a little later in the morning? Go shopping?

Let's hope Alexandra has learned a valuable lesson from the mess she created. A suitable punishment for her actions -- perhaps even more so than serving jail time or paying a fine -- would be to make her volunteer at a women's shelter and interact with women who have actually been victims of horrific sex crimes.

Have you ever lied to get out of working?

by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mjmorrison
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:45 AM

no, jail time. same place persons accused of false rape charges spend their time.

LDavis33
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow! Just... wow... SMH.

In answer to the question.  I think in all my years of working, I have lied twice in order to get a day off.  Both time I had "the flu".  Never in a million years would it occur to me to fabricate a lie as outrageous as this.

memekisses
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:49 AM
2 moms liked this
This is why some people don't take rape seriously! Are you kidding me?! Whatadumbass
Debmomto2girls
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:55 AM
1 mom liked this

She is sick.  But, it would not make me not believe a woman who is raped.  This is not a normal occurence.

MeAndTommyLee
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 10:29 AM

This doesn't surprise me one bit.  The word is women can and do cry rape for a variety of reasons.  When they get caught (thang God) before they ruin some guys life, they have zero consequences.  It's a perk of being a woman.  Special rules...ugh

Seracake
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 11:01 AM
2 moms liked this

It's an over correction in the justice system from years of rape not being taken seriously. It's not a "perk" of being a woman, that's an irresponsible thing to say.

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

This doesn't surprise me one bit.  The word is women can and do cry rape for a variety of reasons.  When they get caught (thang God) before they ruin some guys life, they have zero consequences.  It's a perk of being a woman.  Special rules...ugh

MeAndTommyLee
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 11:06 AM
This keeps happening because the justice system allows it to. And don't suggest I'm being irresponsible when that insult should be used to describe the very women that pull this crap. Lastly, don't assume that I have not dealt with rape issues or talk down to me.

Quoting Seracake:

It's an over correction in the justice system from years of rape not being taken seriously. It's not a "perk" of being a woman, that's an irresponsible thing to say.

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

Seracake
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 11:45 AM

Lol you need to calm yourself. 

Quoting MeAndTommyLee: This keeps happening because the justice system allows it to. And don't suggest I'm being irresponsible when that insult should be used to describe the very women that pull this crap. Lastly, don't assume that I have not dealt with rape issues or talk down to me.

Quoting Seracake:

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

Bethsunshine
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this

She should have to serve time for pressing false charges. That's disgusting!

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Feb. 18, 2014 at 1:25 PM

Sure, I have lied to get out or work but holy hell, this woman has some serious issues.  She should absolutely be held accountable for her actions and I hope she seeks some mental help as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN