Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Michelle Duggar Advises Wives to Always be Available for Sex, Even if Exhausted

Posted by   + Show Post

Michelle Duggar Advises Wives to Always be Available for Sex, Even if Exhausted

article image

Michelle Duggar, co-star of the TLC reality show "19 Kids and Counting," recently gave women sex tips that make her and her husband Jim Bob feel like "a newlywed couple every day."

Speaking to Today.com, the conservative Christian mom said that she always makes herself available for her husband sexually, even when she is exhausted.

"In your marriage there will be times you're going to be very exhausted," said Duggar. "Your hubby comes home after a hard day's work, you get the baby to bed, and he is going to be looking forward to that time with you. Be available. Anyone can fix him lunch, but only one person can meet that physical need of love that he has, and you always need to be available when he calls."

Duggar does not believe in birth control, but rather allows God to decide how many children she should have.

While Duggar is pro-sex within marriage, she and her husband Jim Bob are very modest while in public.

Last year, during their TLC show, Duggar was covered up with quite a bit of clothing while on a snorkeling trip in Puerto Rico (video below).

"In society, sometimes there's this idea that we cover up at certain times and then we go to the beach and wear our underclothes," Duggar told People. "Bathing suits are pretty and colorful but it's not our thinking that it is okay to be naked some places and not other places."

Sources: People and Today.com

by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 9:42 AM
Replies (21-30):
jcrew6
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 10:02 AM

You would think they would be more liberal thinkers towards HER comments on HER marriage and less judgemental. 

Quoting billsfan1104: Why be so hateful towards her?? I read the article and I quoted what was actually said. Her friend gave her the advice.
We have no right to question or mock her for what works for HER marriage.
If to doesn't work for you, then move on.

Quoting IhartU:

Quoting billsfan1104: And I don't think that she means to be available sexually ALL the time. I think she means that you should always have down time or alone time with your spouse.

No, she's saying even if you are exhausted from taking care of the kids and the house all day (you know, HE has the REAL job and you DON'T- you're just doing your 'godly duty'), that you should still spread your legs for your husband because HIS happiness matters more than yours.

Debmomto2girls
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this

That is why their lifestyle never bothered me.  They are self-sustaining and therefore, can have 30 kids if they want.  I know they are in it for the money but I also think they really want people to see how they live and spread the word which is fine.  I always thought Kate Gosselin was just a money whore.

Quoting VooDooB:

For sure. I do respect how they are debt free and self-sustaining. TV show aside. 

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

I could never live like them but I would rather watch them than Honey BooBoo..lol

Quoting VooDooB:

Of course she did. Wonder how much money she made off that episode.

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

SHe actually gave persmission once for her OB to be interviewed and she said she has a very stable and healthy uterus. 

Quoting VooDooB:

Seriously how has that woman's uterus not plummeted to the floor yet?

tanyainmizzou
by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 10:03 AM
I totally agree on Kate Gosselin.

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

That is why their lifestyle never bothered me.  They are self-sustaining and therefore, can have 30 kids if they want.  I know they are in it for the money but I also think they really want people to see how they live and spread the word which is fine.  I always thought Kate Gosselin was just a money whore.

Quoting VooDooB:

For sure. I do respect how they are debt free and self-sustaining. TV show aside. 

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

I could never live like them but I would rather watch them than Honey BooBoo..lol

Quoting VooDooB:

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

SHe actually gave persmission once for her OB to be interviewed and she said she has a very stable and healthy uterus. 

Quoting VooDooB:

billsfan1104
by Jules on Feb. 19, 2014 at 10:05 AM
From what I read, I could be mistaken, that the money they earn from the show, is donated and used for missionaries.
Because they make money from all their investment properties and they own land that cell phone companies rent from them(I wish I was able to do that).

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Quoting VooDooB:

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Quoting VooDooB:

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Quoting VooDooB:

Debmomto2girls
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this

I believe that. They do go on a lot of missions.  If they were truly money hungry, than their oldest wouldn't ahve had to move for a job.

Like I said, I could never live like they do or have a marriage like they do, but I do liketo watch  the show on occassion.  I am completely jealous of their kitchen! 

Quoting billsfan1104: From what I read, I could be mistaken, that the money they earn from the show, is donated and used for missionaries.
Because they make money from all their investment properties and they own land that cell phone companies rent from them(I wish I was able to do that).

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Quoting VooDooB:

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Quoting VooDooB:

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Quoting VooDooB:

O_oohUDon_TSay
by Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 10:09 AM
I take no relationship advice from anyone. What works for some don't work for others!
babyspots17
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this

I am guessing being the mother of 19  would be exhausting all the time your going to be having sex even when exhausted or you won't be having sex at all.  The big thing about this is the being available to your man even though you may not be in the mood seems pretty disrespectful by both individuals. 

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Feb. 19, 2014 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this

This

Quoting TruthSeeker.: What husband would be such an ass that they would still expect sex from their exhausted wives? Respect goes both ways.

www.cafemom.com/group/116692
sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 10:11 AM
2 moms liked this

so we are just breathing sex toys?

and human incubators?

alrighty than

swishyskirt
by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 10:13 AM
4 moms liked this

If "vaginal stimulation" is the only reason you think a husband wants to have sex with his wife it is no wonder you don't understand.  No need to be crass.

Quoting IhartU:

She acts like god gave the walking pussy... ie the woman...  to the man for use any time he gets a stiffy. Didn't their god give them HANDS too? Why does he need vaginal stimulation every time when he could take her feelings into consideration and if she's tired or whatever- go diddle his dork in the shower or something.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)