Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Michelle Duggar Advises Wives to Always be Available for Sex, Even if Exhausted

Posted by   + Show Post

Michelle Duggar Advises Wives to Always be Available for Sex, Even if Exhausted

article image

Michelle Duggar, co-star of the TLC reality show "19 Kids and Counting," recently gave women sex tips that make her and her husband Jim Bob feel like "a newlywed couple every day."

Speaking to Today.com, the conservative Christian mom said that she always makes herself available for her husband sexually, even when she is exhausted.

"In your marriage there will be times you're going to be very exhausted," said Duggar. "Your hubby comes home after a hard day's work, you get the baby to bed, and he is going to be looking forward to that time with you. Be available. Anyone can fix him lunch, but only one person can meet that physical need of love that he has, and you always need to be available when he calls."

Duggar does not believe in birth control, but rather allows God to decide how many children she should have.

While Duggar is pro-sex within marriage, she and her husband Jim Bob are very modest while in public.

Last year, during their TLC show, Duggar was covered up with quite a bit of clothing while on a snorkeling trip in Puerto Rico (video below).

"In society, sometimes there's this idea that we cover up at certain times and then we go to the beach and wear our underclothes," Duggar told People. "Bathing suits are pretty and colorful but it's not our thinking that it is okay to be naked some places and not other places."

Sources: People and Today.com

by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 9:42 AM
Replies (41-50):
mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 10:48 AM

she didn't say participate she said be available, - ie spread her legs

Quoting lizmarie1975:

If I'm exhausted, I'm really not going to be much of a participant in any sexual encounter I may have with my husband. I'll just be wondering how long it's going to take before I can finally go to sleep. My husband knows this and he knows that he's not going to enjoy it if I'm just laying there. So we wait.

jcrew6
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 10:48 AM

You obviously didn't watch or read the ENTIRE interview and are only relying on what is fed to you in this thread.  

So sad.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

so we are just breathing sex toys?

and human incubators?

alrighty than

jessilin0113
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Doubly glad I don't watch reality tv.
Debmomto2girls
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 10:50 AM

We are the same! I feel bad if I am exhausted and it's been awhile so I will "take one for the team" also but you are right..It is usually what I need.  We both work full-time now and he is very helpful around the house.

My kids would kill me for stating this but when they were younger they loved doing Highlights with my dh.  THey are teeangers now and we still get it!  THey still do the seek and find and some other games just because they do not want to give that up.  He has alawys been the bedtime person.  That was my time to relax and his time with the girls.

Quoting GLWerth:

I've been known to 'take one for the team' so to speak, when I'm just too tired to get into it. Often, it turns out it was just what I needed (and he works to make that happen). However, he also comes home and helps out a lot with the kids and the house.

Heck, he's the bedtime guy for all the kids and has been for most of their lives.

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 10:53 AM
Her uterus is like one of those little clown cars where they just keep coming out.
Quoting VooDooB:

Seriously how has that woman's uterus not plummeted to the floor yet?

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Actually i read the article yesterday on a different website.

The context is the same.

Yes, it is sad that a woman would think that was good marital advice.

Quoting jcrew6:

You obviously didn't watch or read the ENTIRE interview and are only relying on what is fed to you in this thread.  

So sad.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

and human incubators?

alrighty than

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 11:03 AM
I've never watched the show, but I do agree with her.
jcrew6
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 11:13 AM
4 moms liked this

If you read it and actually comprehended the entire interview then I don't think you would have walked away with thinking they believe "women are just walking sex toys."....  Unless you went into the article with a misereble, bitter attitude, perhaps...

She was ASKED about HER marriage by the Today Show. Specifically asked for her "tips" on how she credits her marriage as a happy, successful, loving marriage. I say great for them.  I am not looking to her for advice, but I am happy to see shared stories of marriage where the couple speaks with such love for one another. I like positive stories of love and marriage. Even the ones I odn't entirely agree with.  

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

The context is the same.

Quoting jcrew6:

So sad.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

and human incubators?

alrighty than

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 11:18 AM

It seem you read my initial with a misreable bitter attitude...my comment was my assessment of the "great marriage tip" given her. and an 'alrighty than

You seem to be an angry person, maybe more sex would help

anywho, I agree that Jim Bob and Michelle love eacg other and speak highly of each other. My daughter and I used to watch their show quite often. I love reality shows, watching the dymanics of family play out is often telling - even what they are trying ti hide usually shows. I see them as a happy loving married couple.

I disagree with them on some issues one of them being that the tip she gave and shared was a good one for a happy marriage..but if that works for them, so be it.

Quoting jcrew6:

If you read it and actually comprehended the entire interview then I don't think you would have walked away with thinking they believe "women are just walking sex toys."....  Unless you went into the article with a misereble, bitter attitude, perhaps...

She was ASKED about HER marriage by the Today Show. Specifically asked for her "tips" on how she credits her marriage as a happy, successful, loving marriage. I say great for them.  I am not looking to her for advice, but I am happy to see shared stories of marriage where the couple speaks with such love for one another. I like positive stories of love and marriage. Even the ones I odn't entirely agree with.  

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

The context is the same.

Quoting jcrew6:

So sad.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

and human incubators?

alrighty than

jcrew6
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 11:25 AM

If you listen to a wife discussing the advice SHE received in regards to the physical love of a marriage and equate it to  "just" being a breathing sex toy~ I think we know who the misereble one (possibly needing more LOVE) might be... Poor thing.  

I say good for them.  They do what works for them and keeps their love going.  

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

It seem you read my initial with a misreable bitter attitude...my comment was my assessment of the "great marriage tip" given her. and an 'alrighty than

You seem to be an angry person, maybe more sex would help

anywho, I agree that Jim Bob and Michelle love eacg other and speak highly of each other. My daughter and I used to watch their show quite often. I love reality shows, watching the dymanics of family play out is often telling - even what they are trying ti hide usually shows. I see them as a happy loving married couple.

I disagree with them on some issues one of them being that the tip she gave and shared was a good one for a happy marriage..but if that works for them, so be it.

Quoting jcrew6:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

The context is the same.

Quoting jcrew6:

So sad.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

and human incubators?

alrighty than

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)