Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Michelle Duggar Advises Wives to Always be Available for Sex, Even if Exhausted

Posted by   + Show Post

Michelle Duggar Advises Wives to Always be Available for Sex, Even if Exhausted

article image

Michelle Duggar, co-star of the TLC reality show "19 Kids and Counting," recently gave women sex tips that make her and her husband Jim Bob feel like "a newlywed couple every day."

Speaking to Today.com, the conservative Christian mom said that she always makes herself available for her husband sexually, even when she is exhausted.

"In your marriage there will be times you're going to be very exhausted," said Duggar. "Your hubby comes home after a hard day's work, you get the baby to bed, and he is going to be looking forward to that time with you. Be available. Anyone can fix him lunch, but only one person can meet that physical need of love that he has, and you always need to be available when he calls."

Duggar does not believe in birth control, but rather allows God to decide how many children she should have.

While Duggar is pro-sex within marriage, she and her husband Jim Bob are very modest while in public.

Last year, during their TLC show, Duggar was covered up with quite a bit of clothing while on a snorkeling trip in Puerto Rico (video below).

"In society, sometimes there's this idea that we cover up at certain times and then we go to the beach and wear our underclothes," Duggar told People. "Bathing suits are pretty and colorful but it's not our thinking that it is okay to be naked some places and not other places."

Sources: People and Today.com

by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 9:42 AM
Replies (81-90):
JP-StrongForTwo
by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 12:58 PM
2 moms liked this

I dont think its so much that the man expects it, but that the woman is willing to give it, even if the man is willing to skip on it for her sake. 

Quoting Sisteract:

How does expecting a tired partner to always comply and meet your needs indict the highest level of respect, companionship and affection for your life partner?

I'm assuming we are all talking about adult men here and not petulant adolescents? 

Sbellemommy
by Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I think this is overall good advice. This is dependant though on having a husband that respects you and cares about your physical needs. I don't hate this family. They live off of no government assistance, take care of their kids and raise intelligent and respectful members of society.
romalove
by Roma on Feb. 19, 2014 at 1:01 PM
3 moms liked this
Michelle Duggar is a nobody who we know about because she has managed to procreate so many times as to appear interesting to some people. It doesn't make her someone actually worth listening to or following her advice. I think most of her (and the conservative religious folks) ideas on sex and marriage and gender roles are out of date and not what I would be interested in emulating. Unfortunately I didn't do anything interesting or unusual enough for someone to film me, so my thoughts on such subjects do not get the same exposure.

Anyway, enough time spent thinking about someone so limited....
lizmarie1975
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 1:02 PM
3 moms liked this

Sometimes there isn't much of a difference.

Quoting Sisteract:

I'm assuming we are all talking about adult men here and not petulant adolescents? 

JP-StrongForTwo
by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 1:03 PM

I see your point roma, 

but at the same time, then whats the point of anything? why listen or follow anyones advice anywhere? 

I like hearing other poeples points of view, and hearing what works for some, and what doesnt work for others. 

i dont watch the show, ive seen a few episodes here and there is all, mostly back when they were building that house several years *and kids* ago. 

Quoting romalove: Michelle Duggar is a nobody who we know about because she has managed to procreate so many times as to appear interesting to some people. It doesn't make her someone actually worth listening to or following her advice. I think most of her (and the conservative religious folks) ideas on sex and marriage and gender roles are out of date and not what I would be interested in emulating. Unfortunately I didn't do anything interesting or unusual enough for someone to film me, so my thoughts on such subjects do not get the same exposure.

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Feb. 19, 2014 at 1:04 PM
2 moms liked this

Agree.

They sold their family's anonymity and private moments and thoughts for easy cash.

I call it exploitation-

The parents should be taking care of their own kids by working jobs- not selling their family/kids for easy cash.

Quoting romalove: Michelle Duggar is a nobody who we know about because she has managed to procreate so many times as to appear interesting to some people. It doesn't make her someone actually worth listening to or following her advice. I think most of her (and the conservative religious folks) ideas on sex and marriage and gender roles are out of date and not what I would be interested in emulating. Unfortunately I didn't do anything interesting or unusual enough for someone to film me, so my thoughts on such subjects do not get the same exposure.

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Feb. 19, 2014 at 1:04 PM

Well, as long as the only thing she has to do is lie there quietly, I can't see why it matters how tired she is: she doesn't have to be awake, right?

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Feb. 19, 2014 at 1:06 PM

I have to say, my husband is a man- and has always been a man.

I'd have lasted about 5 mins /secs with a petulant teen.

I did not even like my kids much during that "phase."

Quoting lizmarie1975:

Sometimes there isn't much of a difference.

Quoting Sisteract:

kay283
by Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 1:06 PM
Lmao!!!

Quoting IhartU:

Quoting VooDooB:

Seriously how has that woman's uterus not plummeted to the floor yet?

I think even if her uterus fell out and her vagina was draggin' on the floor under those long skirts, her husband would still tap that 25 times a day. Jim Bob is one horny bastard!

romalove
by Roma on Feb. 19, 2014 at 1:08 PM
2 moms liked this
I listen to those I respect and admire.

Quoting JP-StrongForTwo:

I see your point roma, 

but at the same time, then whats the point of anything? why listen or follow anyones advice anywhere? 

I like hearing other poeples points of view, and hearing what works for some, and what doesnt work for others. 

i dont watch the show, ive seen a few episodes here and there is all, mostly back when they were building that house several years *and kids* ago. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN